general I always get sick this time of year. Help me feel better?

Starzen

Hi everypony.

I have a terrible cold, and was wondering if any of you could help keep me entertained but chatting, telling me a joke, telling me something interesting, or just in general keep me company.

I haven't been on MLP forums in awhile, so helpfully it doesn't seem selfish that I come back only when it's convenient for me :blush:

I'll start with a chat topic I suppose. What's your favorite movie to watch when you're sick? Mine is Star Wars.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Princess Moony said:

I watch star wars when I am sick to:twi:usually pass out sleeping when the movie gets halfway done tho:blink:

I rarely fall asleep while watching a movie. I'm always too interested. lol

But then I do sleep for like 12 hours at night while sick, so I'm also just not very tired. :ooh:

Aw, poor poneh. :(

I usually watch YouTube or play PS4 - preferably an adventure game so it's nice and chill. Reading is often too difficult...but I do read when I can.

Staying warm? Eating lots of soup?

• Brohoof 1

If you have something like mint oil, you could put a drop of that into boiling-hot water and breathe that. I've been doing that, it smells nice and unclogs my nose even when nose spray doesn't.

There's also soup as said above; a tea (preferably green with mint), chamomile or lavender infusion could also help.

Keep warm, particularly around the chest and neck area; if you have a turtleneck or something similar, put that on.

And of course, if your doctor prescribes medicine, you take that.

18 hours ago, Mirage said:

Aw, poor poneh. :(

I usually watch YouTube or play PS4 - preferably an adventure game so it's nice and chill. Reading is often too difficult...but I do read when I can.

Staying warm? Eating lots of soup?

I'm staying warm yes <3

I don't like much soup but I have lots of tea!

57 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

If you have something like mint oil, you could put a drop of that into boiling-hot water and breathe that. I've been doing that, it smells nice and unclogs my nose even when nose spray doesn't.

There's also soup as said above; a tea (preferably green with mint), chamomile or lavender infusion could also help.

Keep warm, particularly around the chest and neck area; if you have a turtleneck or something similar, put that on.

And of course, if your doctor prescribes medicine, you take that.

Hmm, I don't have mint oil but I do have mint green tea, as well as starlight mints. Those things seem to help.

I should probably put my turtleneck on. That sounds like a good idea!

___

I'm feeling a little better today everypony, but if anypony else wants to chime in with advice feel free!

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

Some recomfort could help ! Hugs ? :orly:

Hugs are always nice.

9 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

When I'm sick I cover up in a bunch of blankets by the fireplace, heat up some soup, and watch whatever is on tv. Shows, movies, and MLP of course!:P

I wish I had a fireplace!

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

When I'm sick I cover up in a bunch of blankets by the fireplace, heat up some soup, and watch whatever is on tv. Shows, movies, and MLP of course!:P

"Fireplace" always makes me think of hot chocolate, usually with marshmallows. I like them sweet, and if I can get cream on that, I'll be set for the hour. ^_^

Really, any kind of warm drink would help, but tea and chocolate are best.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

"Fireplace" always makes me think of hot chocolate, usually with marshmallows. I like them sweet, and if I can get cream on that, I'll be set for the hour. ^_^

I'm all over the tea. I need to buy hot chocolate though. ^_^

9 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

Yeah warm drinks in general help with sickness:)

23 hours ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

*hugs dat purple pone then !*

Feeling better ? :orly:

Yes! Thanks! Oh...! I hope I don't make you sick too though!

21 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Yeah warm drinks in general help with sickness:)

Yes indeed. *trots of to go brew more tea*

Depends on what you can take, but I always take some homeopathic stuff, since medication interactions prevent me from taking cold medicine. There's one I use, but I cannot remember the name of it.

Look up some good ones and I'm sure you'll find something!

When I'm sick I tend to get carried away with hygiene and cleaning. Bedsheets changed every morning, 4 showers a day, surfaces swept and scrubbed, etc. Then I just lay in bed all day like a lump. It helps in one way or another.

Hello, @Starzen

This thread does not contain potential to begin a discussion here and would, in turn, be better suited as a status or perhaps a blog entry. Therefore, I will be closing this thread and referring you to the above mentioned alternatives.

• The topic was locked