Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Tempest's (or Fizzlepop's) Cutie Mark

Moonfire Dusk

I don't think you can lose a Cutie Mark after you get it. You really just stray away from what you're meant to do. Actually, I'm not sure she her got a real Cutie Mark. Remember that awesome backstory bit "Open up your eyes"? Well, it showed her as a filly before she lost her horn. She had no Mark. Having lost her horn and personality before she got her Cutie Mark may have caused her to never get one. I think she's an adult blank flank.

Edited by BlueBook
  • Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, BlueBook said:

I don't think you can lose a Cutie Mark after you get it. You really just stray away from what you're meant to do. Actually, I'm not sure she her got a real Cutie Mark. Remember that awesome backstory bit "Open up your eyes"? Well, it showed her as a filly before she lost her horn. She had no Mark. Having lost her horn and personality before she got her Cutie Mark may have caused her to never get one. I think she's an adult blank flank.

Nice theory, but we've NEVER seen a foal or filly not get a cutie mark before, even when they didn't want to. It would really stir things up if suddenly we got a pony without a cutie mark.

9 hours ago, agentguy12345 said:

Nice theory, but we've NEVER seen a foal or filly not get a cutie mark before, even when they didn't want to. It would really stir things up if suddenly we got a pony without a cutie mark.

Just cause we've never seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened ;) Also, we have seen quite a few blank flank adults in the show. Granted, they are background ponies, but blank flanks nonetheless.

3 hours ago, BlueBook said:

Just cause we've never seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened ;) Also, we have seen quite a few blank flank adults in the show. Granted, they are background ponies, but blank flanks nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure those background blankflanks are just animation errors

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/02/2018 at 5:28 PM, BlueBook said:

if they were animation errors, Hasbro wouldn't keep putting them in there

You also have to think of the time and money it takes to animate. Also you can only come up with so many cutie marks for background ponies that don't matter. I think if there wre such a thing as Blank Flank adults, it not only would go against ALL mythos of cutie marks to date that they've established, but they probably would have addressed it by now. This isn't the only time this discussion has come up and frankly, most animators are banking on that you "just won't notice." It sounds lazy, but again, time, money and coming up with a different cutie mark for each background pony? Without repeating or rehashing them? I'd give the animators a break here.

As for Tempest....well her name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist, and we all know that ponies Cutie marks not only deal with their special talent, but their names tend to represent their mark as well. If her special talent is well, from what can best be described as Fireworks, perhaps, a firework? Or a sparkling berry---who knows. We probably will never know.

Edited by Momento Mori

• 1 year later...

On her toy, now I don't know if this is canon or not, plus Hasbro doesn't really expect us to remove her suit, she doesn't have a cutie mark. Whether it's true or not that she doesn't have one, I think it would be pretty awesome to have a character without her cutie mark. In the two-part finale, she covers her flank, so I guess we'll just never know!

• 1 year later...

I think she doesn't have her cutie mark, she doesen't have one in the toys, and why else would she wear that cape?  If she does have her cutie mark, I imagine she got it when she created fireworks, I like to believe that if she isn't an adult blank flank, she atleast got it in her adulthood.