Rareware Fan Club

ultrairongorilla

Rareware is a company that I'm sure many of us are familar with. Whether it be for their side scrolling games on NES, or Super Nintendo, like the Donkey Kong Country Series or Battletoads, the Banjo Kazooie series on N64, or maybe even some games on the Xbox, like Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Whatever the reason, Rareware still has it's place in many gamers hearts even to this day. I grew up with Banjo Kazooie, Tooie, and Conker's Bad Fur Day mostly, and I did play some Diddy Kong Racing when I was really young. 

rare.png.b1f49b3268e3da31d3854b7e227ad6d4.png

• Brohoof 2

5982d329dba8e_SunsetShimmerSIG7StandardSize.png.7ee9d00d794bf9266e63e54d07ee0bbb.png.8667d6f0244da7f21392f5b642bab608.png

Thanks to @Kyoshi for this totally awesome signature!

I love how Rareware made games that were K-A, (yeah, I remember that ESRB rating) and then they go and make Conker's Bad Fur Day, which was deserving of it's M rating for Nintendo of all companies. It's like if Toby Fox made a an Undertale-style game, but have drug use, swearing, suggestive themes, nudity, and crude humor.

Edited by Vulon Bii

Rareware in the 90's was FANTASTIC (aside from a couple of games I thought were overrated duds). Though I certainly am not so fond of their more recent content since they became a Microsoft thing. Seriously, Nuts and Bolts is downright awful, especially for a series as good as BANJO-KAZOOIE. 

What went so wrong?

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, I thought they were better when they were with Nintendo. And I enjoyed Star Fox Adventures as is, despite many of the better opportunities being lost due to the buyout.

• Brohoof 2

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

6 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Rareware in the 90's was FANTASTIC (aside from a couple of games I thought were overrated duds). Though I certainly am not so fond of their more recent content since they became a Microsoft thing. Seriously, Nuts and Bolts is downright awful, especially for a series as good as BANJO-KAZOOIE. 

What went so wrong?

Nuts and Bolts was terrible because Microsoft asked them to make the game based around cars instead of it being a collectathon, because they didn't think anybody was interested in those types of games anymore. With the way Nuts and Bolts was written, you can tell Rare wasn't happy with the changes made either, as the humor seems more hand bitey than normal, I mean just look at the opening tutorial. I might not be the biggest Yooka Laylee fan in the world, but even I'll say that game had a better idea of what it wanted to be than Nuts and Bolts. 

• Brohoof 1

5982d329dba8e_SunsetShimmerSIG7StandardSize.png.7ee9d00d794bf9266e63e54d07ee0bbb.png.8667d6f0244da7f21392f5b642bab608.png

I was really into D.K. 64, the Banjo Kazooie series, Goldeneye 007, Killer Instinct Gold, and Diddy Kong Racing.

Ah, the memories! :) 

3 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Nuts and Bolts was terrible because Microsoft asked them to make the game based around cars instead of it being a collectathon, because they didn't think anybody was interested in those types of games anymore. 

What a shame. I wanted a third real platform game of Banjo Kazooie.

• Brohoof 2

image.png

Thanks to @Sparklefan1234 for this awesome sig!

@ultrairongorilla

I played Donkey Kong Country & Donkey Kong Country 2  on the SNES &

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing & Donkey Kong 64 on the N64.

Also, who is the stack of money with eyes in the picture you posted?

Banjo-Kazooie by The-Driz
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, who is the stack of money with eyes in the picture you posted?

The stack of money with the eyes is from Conker's Bad Fur Day. Think of them as kind of like Jiggies from Banjo, only they spew insults when you pick them up.:D

conker.jpg.8bef787a4dd12f87841e0c736b45904e.jpg

• Brohoof 2