MLP Movie Intro Preferences  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Which intro do you like better?

• The final intro included into the movie
    • The deleted intro
    • Both intros would have been fun to include in the movie
    • No preference

[Spoiler: Villian shown]

By the looks of things, this is what part of, if not the whole original intro could have looked like. However, Hasbro decided to ditch this intro for the one that made the final cut.

Personally, I really dig this deleted intro. I would have liked to have seen this intro along with parts of the final intro incorporated into the movie. This intro scene gives a better explanation to non-pony fans of who the princesses are. Plus, the deleted intro introduces the villain in a cooler more eviler way.

Let me know what intro you prefer in the poll.

Why do you think Hasbro dropped this intro? 

Leave your thoughts and opinions below. 

Edited by Valeska

29 minutes ago, Valeska said:

Why do you think Hasbro dropped this intro? 

I heard somewhere that Hasbro dropped the deleted intro because they thought it was "too repetitive/besides the point". I think what they meant by this is that the princesses and Tempest were introduced in the movie later, and they didn't want to feel as if they were introducing the same characters twice. Granted, I think they were introduced better in the deleted scene, but apparently Hasbro didn't think so. It may have also been cut due to time constraints too, because again, they didn't really want to introduce characters twice in the same movie.   

• Brohoof 2

While I like the cut material, it doesn't really have a place in the film, IMO. It really just feels like teaser trailer material. You could put it at the beginning, but what's the point? As much as I am not a fan of "Ponies Got the Beat," the sweeping animation really provides a MUCH better feel as an opening.

Still, I will admit, Tempest literally leaves me with shivers at the end of the deleted bit. Nicely done.

Also; Cadence is Princess of Family. That her official title now aside from Crystal Princess?

• Brohoof 3

That deleted scene was done really well and it makes me wish that it had been used in the movie. I suppose Hasbro had their reasons for scrapping it in favour of what ended up being used in the final version. Tempest's presence at the end caught me by surprise and I felt chills down my spine.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

I heard somewhere that Hasbro dropped the deleted intro because they thought it was "too repetitive/besides the point". I think what they meant by this is that the princesses and Tempest were introduced in the movie later, and they didn't want to feel as if they were introducing the same characters twice. Granted, I think they were introduced better in the deleted scene, but apparently Hasbro didn't think so. It may have also been cut due to time constraints too, because again, they didn't really want to introduce characters twice in the same movie.   

I could see how it could be deemed repetitive but I also think it would give a better explanation as to who the princesses are as a whole. Though it kind of just leaves more questions unanswered for those who aren't fans of MLP.

21 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

While I like the cut material, it doesn't really have a place in the film, IMO. It really just feels like teaser trailer material. You could put it at the beginning, but what's the point? As much as I am not a fan of "Ponies Got the Beat," the sweeping animation really provides a MUCH better feel as an opening.

Still, I will admit, Tempest literally leaves me with shivers at the end of the deleted bit. Nicely done.

Also; Cadence is Princess of Family. That her official title now aside from Crystal Princess?

Hasbro could have made it work if they really wanted to. But it is a cool piece no matter how you look at it. They made Tempest look extremely savage in the end. I love the squinty eyes and the chaotic magic.

I do agree with you about how they interpreted Princess Cadence. Her official title is Princess of Love right? Why not stick with that instead of making it sound like something else entirely.

• Brohoof 1