Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Firearms in Equestria?

Lady Rarity Pony

So when I was watching the Pet Song I heard Rainbow Dash compare her dream pet to a bullet.

This made me think, how would she know of bullets if they don't have some sort of firearms?

Not to mention they also have cannons.

What do you think? Firearms in Equestria...yes or no?

That would be bad ass if there were guns, in fact, I'd like to see an episode that deals with equestrias millitary

Probably won't happen though...

Edited by Skullbuster

Bullet can also refer to things shot out of slingshots...even though it really seems unlikely that that is what see is referring to. I'm pretty sure if they did, they wouldn't have many.

Edited by RaccoonBL

Also, Rainbow named her pet "Tank" in that same episode so I would assume that tanks do rxist and that there are indeed firearms.I just find it hard to imagine a pony driving a tank though. It just doesn't really fit with the pony universe.

I mean, really how can they have tanks when they don't even have electric lights :P

Not to mention that they're essentially tools designed to kill other ponies, which makes it somewhat disturbing... :S

Edited by Marshmallow

Also, Rainbow named her pet "Tank" in that same episode so I would assume that tanks do rxist and that there are indeed firearms.I just find it hard to imagine a pony driving a tank though. It just doesn't really fit with the pony universe.

I mean, really how can they have tanks when they don't even have electric lights :P

Not to mention that they're essentially tools designed to kill other ponies, which makes it somewhat disturbing... :S

I wasn't sure whether to mention Tank because the word can refer to a fuel tank as opposed to a military machine.

When the CMCs were singing on stage there were electrical lights and even an electrical fan, so the ponies definitely have access to electricity to power a vehicle.

I wasn't sure whether to mention Tank because the word can refer to a fuel tank as opposed to a military machine.

When the CMCs were singing on stage there were electrical lights and even an electrical fan, so the ponies definitely have access to electricity to power a vehicle.

But Rainbow Dash says

"You can't stop that little guy. He's like a... tank!"

Because of this, I'm fairly certain that she was referring to the military vehicle and not to a fuel tank :P

• Brohoof 1

But Rainbow Dash says

"You can't stop that little guy. He's like a... tank!"

Because of this, I'm fairly certain that she was referring to the military vehicle and not to a fuel tank :P

Oh, I didn't remember that part :P

Plus, the ponies have a dam, which means they probably have a hydroelectric plant

True.

They also have cranes with must run on electricity.

I do not believe there are guns in Equestria.

If there are, do you not think that Celestia's royal guards would use them?

Could just be tradition, like how british red guards (not sure about the name) use outdated firearms.

Cannon do count as firearms. (cannon is both singular and plural) Equestria obviously does know how to harness rapidly expanding gases to propel a projectile. It would be only natural to scale it down into a hoof held unit for ground troops. Perhaps such developments were halted when Luna and Celestia rose to power. Maybe they and the other Unicorns are the true saviors of Equestria, and put an end to violent conflict in their world by the magical suppression of dangerous technologies. The party cannon could be just a holdover from olden pony times, put into a much happier use.

...Tank has a helicopter. Ponies make advancements in technology all bass-ackwards.

As for firearms, they're canon. :40 seconds in on Cutie Mark Chronicles, Scootaloo asks where she can get a cannon at this hour.

How would they shoot guns anyway? Bite the trigger?

Yes. They'd have to be rigged like a battle saddle, and the trigger would be a bit.

Edit: Obvious exception for unicorns. Magic and all.

Posted Image

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

Well... Considering Magic could project a force-field...

And if I learned anything from Jackie Chan Adventures: "Magic must defeat Magic! (smak)"

Guns really wouldn't help much. If everypony is friends with everypony (lots of friendship); and friendship == magic... Then that would mean the magic of friendship could project magic force-fields. Bullets/Guns wouldn't be very effective.

Imagine:

1337Tr0LL47: I iz gonna pwn ur socks nao! *hold up gun*

Twilight Sparkle: *magic-hack*

1337Tr0LL47: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

(edited)

That pic is awesome xD

How would they shoot guns anyway? Bite the trigger?

They could easily make the handhoofguard large enough to accommodate their hoofs. Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

They could easily make the handhoofguard large enough to accommodate their hoofs.

Even with an enlarged trigger guard, using an entire appendage to fire would make guns an accuracy nightmare. Battle saddles would work best.

Exceptions include unicorns, griffons and young dragons. (Because who needs a gun when you're a fully grown death machine of a dragon?)