Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fallout 76 Discussion Thread

honk friend

7 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Sadly, you're right.

Not really sadly, I don't think

Technically, most of the folks who worked on New Vegas and Fallout 2 have left Obsidian. It's clear they have a very different vision of what they want Fallout to be than Bethesda does, but Bethesda COULD get them in on a new Fallout project.

(edited)

Disappointed by what I heard today tbh. The best part of Fallout and Elder Scrolls was the immersion imo. The bugs never really hurt it for me. But a multiplayer game would. Even when one plays solo, the vast majority of the game play would likely be designed with multiplayer in mind. It's going in a very different direction than previous FO titles, and it's a direction that I don't care for. And for a point that affects us all, this is going to seriously fuck the modding community. It would be exponentially harder to mod a multiplayer game, if they even allow it at all. Gonna hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I've been burned too many times by the vidya industry.

One high note is that this is an actual thing and it actually works. Kudos to Bethesda for that.

605861048_DfZCzHxU0AA69T_.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.ea440db9e95b5fc5ab8c08e5ceefaede.jpg

Edited by Twiggy

So... Fallout 76 is a spin off?

Todd Howard:"Fallout 76 is entirely online"... 

The single player campaign is an afterthought? In a supposedly immersive, narrative/character-driven open world RPG series? Wtf... why would they try to turn FO into Pubg? This is literally the worst thing they could have done in response to all the criticisms of FO 4...

I might just be done with modern gaming at this point. All it is, is disappointment after disappointment. :/ 

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually not so negative about it, lol. The reason they would only show multi-player instead of any single-player is because it's an entirely new feature in the game franchise. People would want to see what those new features would offer. Plus, it's not like an MMO – Howard already mentioned that it only accommodates for a few dozen people at most, and the map is already four times bigger than Fallout 4's, so it's not like you'll encounter another player every ten minutes. Admittedly though, the West Virginia Wasteland looks less dense in terms of locations of interest than 4, but we only got to see a small part of the map, so we can't make any huge assumptions. The only issue is that we don't see anything in the way of NPCs – we don't see any NPC settlements or the like in the trailer. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:10 AM, heavens-champion said:

So, who do you think the major factions will be in Fallout 76?

The Brotherhood of Steel definitely won't be in it; they're still in California. There probably won't be much major factions we'll be familiar with at all – no Institute, no Enclave, none of that. Those were all factions that gained significant power late in the 2100s or early 2200s. Though, they retconned super mutants...again. :okiedokieloki:

5 minutes ago, Anneal said:

The Brotherhood of Steel definitely won't be in it; they're still in California. There probably won't be much major factions we'll be familiar with at all – no Institute, no Enclave, none of that. Those were all factions that gained significant power late in the 2100s or early 2200s. Though, they retconned super mutants...again. :okiedokieloki:

Actually, the BoS didn't exist until around the time of Fallout 1, and Super Mutants can exist without the master because FEV is a pre-war thing

44 minutes ago, Annie said:

Actually, the BoS didn't exist until around the time of Fallout 1, and Super Mutants can exist without the master because FEV is a pre-war thing

Still, the FEV was initially meant to be a thing that was only in California in the original Fallout, then it got retconned in Fallout 3. It would be very improbable to say that the Super Mutants suddenly broke out so early and walked hundreds of miles across the Appalachians. Why would they go there? 

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry, but i dont count this upcoming installment as canonical. Mainly due to the fact its gonna be Destiny but with mini nukes. Wasnt a fan of destiny either with buggy servers and horrid players who troll. Furthermore, I know its an alternative timeline and all...but at least use the 50s as cut off for pop culture. Though, one part of me kinda wants to see how they'll tackle the MMO genre. E3 releases tell us the map is huge, and areas will be for higher leveled players while some are not. Also the addition of finding working nukes is kinda irritating seeing as how we as fans were lead to believe little to no old war nukes were still around.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:00 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

Also the addition of finding working nukes is kinda irritating seeing as how we as fans were lead to believe little to no old war nukes were still around.

Except for the absolute metric fuckton of them that exist in the divide, of course.

• 2 years later...