Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Good King

AnonyPoni

(edited)

midnight raised an eyebrow, "well, it worked, and at least it didnt kill you." he smiled and helped sule up, "what did you use?"

"You know that spicy pepper spray I made? Turns out when you use the pepper extract, it made that little bit of our powder so much more stronger! It sure added some 'kick' to it!" Sule waited for Midnight to laugh, which he didn't. Sule sighed, why did he even bother?

"Any way, get some Malumai soldiers that are awake to make some of this." Midnight nodded and left. As he walked off, Sule could have sworn he heard a chuckle...

Edited by Anony-Brony

midnight smiled and gatherd some of the malumai that werent doing anything "what does the king want with us sir?" one of them asked,

midnight shook his head, "i dont exactly know, but the king requested a few of us that were doing anything and i found you, so, lets just get over there and help him with what he wants eh?"

midnight appeared back at sules tent, "got some soldiers sule, so, how exactly do we make this stuff?"

midnight was genuinely curious.

''Why does it always have to be me?'' said the Malumai soldier who had been sent to help out Indigo.

He soon reached the door through which he would reach the cells where the prisoners were being kept. He saw two guards standing there but they paid no heed to the soldier. Apparently, thanks to the fact his uniform showed high rank, he could go anywhere he wanted without question.

He ran into the dark corridor lit by dim lamps. It was lined on both sides by lock ups. There were even a few skeletons in some of the cells.

All of a sudden, he bumped into another guard. For a second, the soldier thought this was just another guard. But then he took a closer look and realized it was his commander, Indigo.

''Oh great, I found you sir. Night Flash was beginning to worry about you.'' said the soldier has he caught his breath after running.

Indigo was about to say something but then the two military ponies heard something behind them. They quickly turned around to see Shiri who was shocked to see them.

''What? I just lost you two back there. How'd you get here?'' said the mare who was genuinely confused at that moment.

''Well this just got interesting...'' said the Malumai soldier.

(OOC: Another fast forward : P)

(edited)

midnight smiled and gatherd some of the malumai that werent doing anything "what does the king want with us sir?" one of them asked,

midnight shook his head, "i dont exactly know, but the king requested a few of us that were doing anything and i found you, so, lets just get over there and help him with what he wants eh?"

midnight appeared back at sules tent, "got some soldiers sule, so, how exactly do we make this stuff?"

midnight was genuinely curious.

"Alright, this is dangerous. The peppers I used to make the pepper spray grow in the forest. You need to go pick as many as you can. When you're done, roast the peppers over a fire, then grind them on a stone for awhile. Then add it to the powder, which you all have to make as well."

The ponies looked at the Archon in silence.

"Get as much help as you need, you need to make enough to fill around... fifty barrels or so, preferably more."

The ponies nodded and left to do their things.

"Midnight, you need to get some rest. I will be in Night Flash's tent if you need me"

Sule left for the Equestrian Commander's tent. It had been unoffically labeled the 'War Room" because of all the charts and maps Night had. The generals from both sides were there arguing on strategies and tactics, and some were just plain arguing bout the same racial stuff...

"Everypony, quiet!" Sule yelled as he entered. The Generals took notice and stopped talking. Some of the Malumai generals bowed.

"I figured since the recuits could get past the problems, so could the Generals! Clearly I was mistaken." Sule sat down at the table. "Midnight and I have rearanged the armies into one army. You no longer command your own race but every race in your division. Deal with it" Sule grabbed a mug of apple cider, "Now, down to business..."

Edited by Anony-Brony

While the Indigo and the other unit were out in the dungeons, Night Flash and the rest of the crew were waiting anxiously for their return.

(OOC: ''Deal with it'' Sule's best (ripped off) line yet.)

The squad had consisted of 15 members. Out of those, 6 including Night Flash were Equestrian. The rest were Indigo's ponies.

All 6 had been in the same training unit. They trained under Commander Hurricane to be the best of their army.

All of a sudden, Night Flash found himself remembering those days. He remembered the grueling training sessions and how they would have to wake up 3 AM in the morning everyday. Once the squad had completed their training and become Spec Ops ponies, they all remained in the same team. While Night Flash progressed through the ranks very quickly due to his strategic thinking when it came to battles, some of the members didn't climb the ladder much. But still, the six of them had stayed very close to each other.

He remembered fighting in the trenches along side his squad in the trenches, desperately trying to hold the line against the advancing Malumai forces. He lost many a close friend in the battles. He also remembered the day the Malumai armed forces, which were making one last desperate offensive, were defeated by the Equestrian military. By the end of the war, Night Flash had become Commander Hurricane's second in command. Once he retired, Night Flash took his place. After the war, he didn't get into much action, a few protests to quell here and there, and the occasional hungry dragon.

''Um...Sir? Are you okay?'' said Private Pansy who was standing right next to the Equestrian commander.

''Who..wha..what?'' stammered a Night Flash who finally snapped back to reality.

Night Flash looked back at her, ''Look Pansy, We've been buddies since we first joined this army. Ever since I got a higher rank than you, you started calling me 'sir'. Just call me by my name, okay?'' said Night Flash to the Pegasus.

She just smiled and nodded and went back to where the rest of the squad was sitting, impatiently waiting for Indigo to return.

''Oh dear, it's only an hour till sunrise. Time sure flies when you're on a mission.'' said Night Flash to himself.

''I just hope they're alright.'' thought a worried Night Flash.

Earlier...

Indigo arrived at the door to the corridor that led down to the dungeons, and encountered a guard. Doing the first thing that came to mind, Indigo approached the guard.

"I'm your relief." Indigo said, officially.

"Relief? But my shift doesn't end for three more-"

CRACK! Indigo did the second thing that came to mind and headbutted the guard in the temple, and the guard went down cold. Indigo bit the guard's collar and drug him into the dungeon corridor, before leading him in the shadows.

This isn't good, Indigo thought to himself, it won't be long before somepony finds him. Indigo traveled down the corridor and encountered another pair of guards, who didn't pay him any heed as Indigo walked through the door. They must not give a crap who goes into the dungeons, Indigo figured. Indigo walked down the dark hallway, past the cells, peeking into each one in the hopes of seeing one of the hostages. But alas, every dungeon cell was empty, and covered in a layer of dust, except for a few that had skeletons in them. Indigo had to stop and wonder at this. Sule had emptied out all the dungeon cells some time ago, why are there skeletons in them now? Did Tyrannus really dig up some corpses and throw them in the cells for atmosphere? Indigo paused and then facehoofed. Of course, that's exactly what somepony as crazy as Tyrannus would do.

Indigo marched down the corridor until he saw two more guards standing in front of a cell. Indigo walked up and looked through the bars. Sure enough, there sat Clover and Storm, both looking miserable. Indigo felt a bit of shame. With two guards standing there and two more at the checkpoint, plus the unconcious guard that might get discovered soon, there was no way in hell that Indigo would be able to get them out of there without either getting himself killed or raising an alarm; which in the case of the latter would mean that he, the hostages, and the recon team would get killed. Looks like Storm and Clover are going to have to wait until they invade the city.

One of the guards turned to Indigo. "Is there a problem?"

"No, I'm just on patrol." Indigo lied, "Tyrannus decided to change up the dungeon security slightly."

"Hmph. It'd be nice if the bastard would tell us of these kinds of things." the guard replied. "Carry on."

Indigo nodded, and turned to leave. At least he now has some useful information on the prisoners; their exact location. That'll be helpful for the attack. Indigo trotted up the corridor.

------

Meanwhile...

------

Clover the Clever and Storm sat in their cell and stared at the wall glumly. The guard that showed up on patrol was now gone, and there wasn't much to do other than stare at the wall.

That is, until Shiri started moaning. The two mares turned to look at the last mare, who was up until that point laying quietly on a cot.

"Ohhh..." Shiri moaned, sounding like she was in pain. "Ohhnnnf..."

"Are you alright?" Clover asked her.

"Ohh,...oh gods..." Shiri moaned, louder.

"What's wrong?" Clover asked again.

"Oh gods, it hurts! Ohhhh..." Shiri moaned, sounding more and more frantic.

The guards at the gate turned around. "What is going on in there?"

"I don't know!" Clover answered.

"Oh, fuck, no...Oh, it hurts!" Shiri was openly crying now.

"Oh for crying out loud." He turned to his partner. "Stay here, in case she makes a run for it." The guard entered the cell and walked up to Shiri. "What's the matter?" the guard asked, sounding bored.

"No! Don't touch me! Oh gods...oohhhhhh..."

The guard approached her, but the moment he touched her, there was a flash of movement and the guard shouted and hit the ground, bleeding. Guard # 2 now saw Shiri standing there, brandishing a large nail in her teeth. "HEY!"

As the guard charged to kill her, Shire dove at him...and slid underneath his legs to end up behind him. As the guard quickly turned around, Shiri bucked him hard, causing him to stumble inside. Shiri quickly closed the cell gate and locked it, trapping the two guards inside with the prisoners. The guard quickly searched his saddlebags, before being interrupted...

"Looking for this?" Shiri asked, smirking and brandishing a key. The guard stared at it for a second, before he realized that Shiri stole the key when she dove under him. "Bitch!"

"Ah, that's not how you talk to a lady." Shiri reprimanded him, before tossing the key aside. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with my Tyrannus. See ya!" Shiri turned and galloped up the corridor.

-------

Meanwhile...

-------

Indigo walked up the corridor, before eventually taking a few minutes to pause to reflect over what he had discovered. This new business with Nova and the super soldiers was ...disturbing, to say the least. But at least now they'll have an idea of what they're up against, and Sule will surely be happy to know that Clover was still alive and well, and where they'll be able to find her. Indigo walked forward again, until he bumped into a guard captain. After staring him down for a moment, the captain suddenly spoke.

''Oh great, I found you sir. Night Flash was beginning to worry about you.'' the captain spoke, and Indigo realized it was his ally Whirlwind in disguise.

Indigo was about to say something, when they heard a sound behind them. They turned, to find Shiri standing there.

''What? I just lost you two back there. How'd you get here?'' Shiri asked, irritated and moderately confused.

"Well this just got interesting..."

"You're the mare who was with Tyrannus when he broke out of the orb." Indigo observed, recognizing Shiri's voice.

"You must be Indigo." Shiri replied, before chuckling. "Now I get it. Ah, if only Sic Semper knew you were here."

Indigo and his teammate nodded at each other then dove at Shiri. Shiri dove underneath the two of them and made a run up the corridor. She quickly arrived at the gate to the dungeon checkpoint, before deciding to try to open the door quietly.

CRACK! Shiri hit the ground, out cold, as Indigo stood over her brandishing his shield.

At this, the doors started to open, and Indigo quickly pushed Shiri to the side, into the shadows. The two malumai guards walked through.

"What the hell is going on here!?"

Indigo shifted his shield to his side as Whirlwind walked up beside him, Indigo was about to say something, when they all heard shouting from down the corridor. The guards, trapped in the cell, were now calling for help.

"Well, what are you waiting for!? Go help them!" Indigo told them, frantically.

The guards nodded and rushed past them, to go see what the ruckus was all about. Indigo and Whirlwind turned and looked back at them.

"Those idiots..." Whirlwind remarked.

"When this is over, I'm firing all the castle's staff." Indigo remarked. Whirlwind looked at Indigo. "Except for you. Now come on, we need to get out of here, right now." Indigo said, and quickly grabbed the unconcious Shiri and hefted her onto his back. "She'll make a useful prisoner." Whirlwind helped strap her down, and they both galloped out of the dungeon and traveled to the courtyard.

• Brohoof 2

midnight shook his head, curse his....whatever kind of blood he had, with the past events he really didnt know now, was it malumai, or pegasus? malusus? he tapped his brain.

"stop thinking and go to sleep."

his brain replied "but i dont wanna im usually up at this hour."

midnight sighed, "yeah yeah....can hardly blame you."

he stood up, unable to really get to sleep he joined one of the many patrols around perimeter before the recruits woke up, they moved into a small clearing, and midnight shook his head, "this dosent feel right, we should have been attacked, even just a little by now."

the malumai whom he learned his name was blitz, the pegasai he recognized as Storm Surge and the unicorn was berry punch the first chuckled, "general, mabey your being paranoid?"

midnight shook his head, "mabey, i still dont have a g-" he was cut off as an arrow slid past his left cheek, making a large cut, and embedded in the tree behind him.

"as i was saying, a good feeling...."

they were surrounded by 7 malumai in total, this was just a small party, not a large attack, but these were malumai civilians, if it was a trained soldier, midnight might be dead, he would have to be more cautious next time, he shook his head, "cant kill them, sule would have my head." he smirked looking over at the others, "we have to knock them out..."

storm surge and blitz were about to protest but midnight shushed them, "look at the clothes, these are civilians, mind controlled civilians, we cannot kill them, now," he smiled and remembered a concussive spell he learned from one of the books he brought along from canterlot "hold onto your flanks."

his front hooves glowed slightly and he reared up only to bring his hoofs onto the ground again, sending a concussive wave at the semi circle of malumai.

most of them were knocked out when they hit various trees, but three of them got back up and began to attack, only to be knocked out by one unicorn, one pegasai, and a malumai.

midnight chuckled, "hah, that went faster," and he mumbled "and alot smoother, then i thought."

he smiled "come on, lets head back to camp, get some reinforcements over here let them figure out how to......what?"

he realized all three were staring at him, "sir?"

midnight blinked, "hmm?"

the berry moved forward, "we didnt know malumai had magic...."

midngiht sighed, "damnit...."

he shook his head, "we dont," he smiled "but i do, ill tell you why, mabey after this war is over."

they all nodded in unison, deciding that was going to be the best explination they would get, "now get some rest, ill have one of my instructors wake you later."

midnight moved off to the "war room" to alert the others and get someone to do something with those civilians.

(edited)

"...No, No! Tyrannus has archers posted there!"

"We can have flight forces take them out from behind..."

"They will be too easily captured, Malumai can fly, too, you know."

"The army can try a traditional siege, they may be overwhelmed by our numbers..."

"We may have around 60,000 troops, but Tyrannus has the whole city at his disposal."

"Yeah, Chiroptera's huge! Last census was at around 1.5 million..."

"They will be untrained. One of our soldiers could easily kill many of them."

"We need to find a way minimized casualties, they are technically the ponies we're saving"

"Why not just invite bring the rest Equestrian Army here? We have around 50,000 at the camp, but there are at around 900,000 still based in Equestria."

"We probably need do that anyway..."

Sule was quietly trying to think while the Generals discussed their traditional tactics. It was a constant problem, technology evolved before tactics. There was no way they would survive trying to do a normal battle. Malumai were an industrial race, with powerful weapons and more of them. Plans to just scale and fly over the castle walls would be in vain, they would lose more ponies than anypony could count. They needed to do this with new tactics... Something that had never been done before.

Sule poured over the maps and diagrams. He was hoping there was one mistake the Malumai made when making the city, he just needed to find it.

Suddenly, all the generals were quiet. Sule looked up and saw Midnight there, with a huge cut on his face.

"General Moon, what's wrong?"

Midnight told him of the group of mind controlled civilians that were found near the camp.

"WHAT!?" said Sule. "They were this far out? This camp's location needs to be a secret to the enemy. If Tyrannus finds us, he might, no, will decide to put us out of commission before we are even ready! Go find the civilians and take them prisoner, NOW! We can remove the mind control here."

Midnight nodded and left to do that. Sule was getting worried. He needed the army camps to be safe. If they were attacked, they would no longer be an actual treat to Tyrannus.

Sule hoped Midnight would do his job well, Sule had to worry about other things, they needed to think of this plan as quickly as possible. They needed to be ready soon, or it might be to late...

Edited by Anony-Brony

Night Flash was still sitting at his spot, keeping a lookout for Indigo and Whirlwind. At that moment, he heard what sounded like shuffling. The courtyard doors opened and out came Indigo, who was out of breath from carrying a mare Night Flash did not recognize, and besides him, was Whirlwind, whom had been sent by Night Flash to assist Indigo.

''Psst...over here.'' said Night Flash in a loud whisper.

The two Malumai heard him and quickly got in the tunnel. Night Flash shut the vent behind them.

''Okay, this mare doesn't match the description of either of the prisoners. I'm guessing this is someone else?'' said Night Flash

Indigo and Whirlwind told him how they had run into her and how Indigo had knocked her out and carried her back.

''Yeah, I can see that, there's a lump on the poor mare's head.'' said Night Flash as he examined the knocked-out mare.

Night Flash then grouped the entire squad together and they started making for homebase.

''You two are late, sunrise is in about thirty-minutes. Which means that we got to make a run for it''said Night Flash as he hurriedly led the team through the maze of sewers.

Finally, the team reached the south wall. They scrambled out of the small vent which led to the abandoned sewer tunnels and formed a small 'V' formation and took off. Indigo and Whirlwind carried the knocked out mare while two other Pegasi carried the Unicorn unit that had come with the group. By the time they were some three miles away from the castle, the sun started to rise.

The team carried on flying for about another half hour. By that time, the camp could be seen.

From there, Indigo finally realized how many troops Night Flash had actually brought with him. There were hundred upon hundred tents and Indigo spotted what he thought were flights of Pegasi patrolling the camp.

''After I found out that this was no simple protest problem, Sule and I called for more reinforcements. So, the Equestrians decided to send half their entire army as a gesture of good will. Wait, what did you think? Me and my squad were all?'' said Night Flash to Indigo, who was in the middle of the formation with Whirlwind carrying Shiri, who was awake by now, but tied in ropes so she didn't try to escape.

''They better have brought some rum as well....''

• Brohoof 1

midnight ordered the civilians captured and imprisioned where they wouldnt cause any harm to anypony, he then watched as the combined army started to wake and gather in their groups, "good morning everypony." he smirked, "i want 2 laps around the entire camp, get your blood running, then all of you to assemble here, i have a small mission for you all." he watched with approval as they all took off in unison.

1 lap in, a unicorn damaged her leg, "rest of you keep running, you" he pointed to a malumai of her group, "help me carry her to the medic tent."

after both laps had been completed by everypony midnight gathered them in a large circle around him, "now, all of us are soldiers, i was once a general, but now, i am a soldier, like you..." he looked each one in the eye as he moved around the circle "we have a castle to take over." he frowned, "no easy task, but your generals are arguing, and only arguing, they cant seem to decide on what course of action to take." he shook his head, "typical bureaucracy," he smiled, "i have an idea, but it will require resolve," he looked at each race "the front walls of that castle are the toughest in this country, its impossible to fly over, or just do a full on frontal attack, as the walls are strong, and the streets create certan....death boxes,..... but their only strong to a certan point."

when they gave him weird looks, midnight smiled, and moved directly to the earth ponies and unicorns, "so, how well are you at digging tunnels?"

they looked at each other, "well.....we can dig sturdy tunnels within half a day, depending on how far."

midnight smiled and thought for a moment, "mmmm," he reached into his saddlebags and pulled out a map of the capitol city, and pointed from the outskirts, to the walls of the castle, the unicorn and earth pony looked at each other, "if we can get our act together, that can be done in a day."

midnight nodded, "hmmm, ill have to run this plan by sule, he may not like the walls of the castle getting destroyed, but it may be our only option."

he nodded, "everypony, dismissed, practice, and hone your skills, were in for a tough battle." he curtly turned and beckoned the unicorn and earth pony to follow him.

The joint Malumai-Equestrian Military squad finally touched down right outside Night Flash's tent, where he kept all his charts and maps. It also served as a makeshift war room for his generals.

Shiri was taken to another tent where she would be kept until she was to be interrogated. Private Pansy injected an anesthetic into her bloodstream and she went out in a flash.

The rest of the team went to their respective tents to get some rest.

Night Flash and Indigo walked into the tent, still in their battle armour, sweating profusely. All the generals in the 'war room' stood at attention and saluted the two generals. Night Flash looked at his own generals, who were sitting on one side of the table in the middle of the tent.

''Listen boys, when I was coming in for a landing I could hear a lot of bickering coming from this tent. I don't want any of you fighting alright? We're both on the same team. If the soldiers can get along and your commander can get along with the Malumai commander, why can't you?'' said Night Flash in his 'angry voice'.

Night Flash paused for a second, then spoke up again ''Now I have two questions. One, what have you ponies been planning and Two, why is the rum gone?''

When Night Flash entered, the ponies in the War Room were quiet as Sule spoke.

"Well, so far, our great generals have zip. As for the rum, I think the Malumai guards got to it, they had their happy hour a while ago..."

"Now, Tell me of the recon mission."

(OOC filler post, sorry)

Indigo spoke up: "I'll go first." He turned to Sule. "I didn't see any of these "super soldiers", but I did learn that they exist. This "Nova" unicorn you mentioned is working with Tyrannus, and they're going to start creating these soldiers soon..."

From there, Indigo proceeded to relay what he had learned during Tyrannus's meeting with Nova, regarding the brainwashing not working on Sule or himself, Tyrannus's fear that Sule will have some sort of new weapon ready, the fact that Nova and Tyrannus are in some kind of "agreement", whatever that means.

"-and lastly, from what I could tell, it didn't sound like they were aware of our alliance with the Equestrian militaries."

Indigo turned his head to Night Flash, indicating him to report on what he found in Sule/Tyrannus's office.

Midnight had entered the tent, but stood there quietly mulling over his plan, waiting for indigo and night flash to finish, he turned to the unicorn and earth pony, whispering "the way i see it, is if they agree or not, were gonna get these tunnels built, we need two at the least, and three at the most,"

the unicorn whispered, "how is that going to bring down the walls?"

midnight smiled, "sule has some of us making a highly explosive powder, yes its still experimental, but i believe with enough of this stuff in the right places, it could cause the walls to cave in, or at least crumble, giving our army the best chance to get in."

Indigo spoke up: "I'll go first." He turned to Sule. "I didn't see any of these "super soldiers", but I did learn that they exist. This "Nova" unicorn you mentioned is working with Tyrannus, and they're going to start creating these soldiers soon..."

From there, Indigo proceeded to relay what he had learned during Tyrannus's meeting with Nova, regarding the brainwashing not working on Sule or himself, Tyrannus's fear that Sule will have some sort of new weapon ready, the fact that Nova and Tyrannus are in some kind of "agreement", whatever that means.

"-and lastly, from what I could tell, it didn't sound like they were aware of our alliance with the Equestrian militaries."

Indigo turned his head to Night Flash, indicating him to report on what he found in Sule/Tyrannus's office.

"Did you save the hostages?" Said Sule. Indigo knew he was talking about Clover.

"Clover is..." Indigo started, before pausing. "Clover the Clever and the pegasai ambassador are still alive, and they're being kept in the castle dungeons like we had thought." Indigo confirmed.

Sule knew Indigo was just letting him down easy, Clover was still in the prison.

"Ok... Commander Night Flash, what other intel did you gather?"

(OOC TAO you need to post this ASAP, sule needs to listen to Midnight's plan)

midnight sighed, he needed to get his idea out "sorry to intterupt, but i have an idea....a way that many lives on our side could be saved, when i entered last you were bickering about how to get inside."

he looked at each of the generals, a few faces he knew, but he shook his head, "i have an idea, its a bit of a streach, but..." he rolled out the map of the city, with the castle at the far end.

"if we can get the main army to distract tyrannusus keep his attention on them, the earth ponies and unicorns said they could build stable tunnels to here." he pointed a hoof at the castle walls, "now, thats where everyponys problem lies correct? archers, and soldiers against air and ground..."

without waiting for an answer he continued, "sule, those barrels of explosives, plant them underneath the castle walls, and cave the ground out from underneath them."

he frowned, "that would clear the way for the main army to march in without many problems,"

Sule looked at the diagrams of Chiroptera. He then saw the Achilles Hoof of the city, it's walls. They had no foundation. If they did this plan, the wall would completely crumble, allowing easy access for the army to the city. More importantly, it was a way to keep Tyrannus' army occupied without huge civilian casualties.

"...and while Tyrannus' army is focused on that, we can have a small strike force go to the castle and take him out. Midnight, that is good."

Sule looked at all the Generals. "Mares and Gentlecolts, I present to you, the greatest diversion of all time!"

The Generals now discussed is and were actually impressed. They finally agreed on something. They now stated looking over what routes to tunnel and places to break to walls. Sule could see this actually going well... He just hoped Nova's super soldiers wouldn't ruin it for him.

midnight looked at sule, "its your decision, but with novas super soldiers moving about, im thinking we need somepony to guard the explosives until their ready, but you also need somepony who could have a chance against the supersoldiers."

midnight shook his head, "the supersoldiers COULD be a problem in both areas, im just saying, send me where you think i would be most useful....defending the explosives, or defending the infiltration team."

(OOC: Indigo doesn't know much about Midnight's magical powers)

Indigo spoke up "As much as it makes me want to vomit to say this, Moon, we're going to need you in the city. You ARE a former general, and you seem to have plenty of sway among these soldiers already. Your skills would be better applied leading either the diversion army, or the army that pours into the city after the wall is breached. Besides, once they realize what we're doing, whoever goes into the tunnels to plant the explosives will likely be going on a one-way trip."

"Actually, Indigo, I need General Moon with us on the infiltration team to the castle. We are going to need his... talents. I think the Diversion and Invasion armies will be fine without him. As for the for the Tunnelers, we need to take that risk. I would be the only way for this to work."