Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Gen 5 quiz

Shadow Nightwing

Gen 5 quiz  

15 users have voted

1. 1. I would like...

• ...to see an entirely new cast for gen 5.
    • ...for them to keep the old cast, but make minor changes.
    • ...for them to never change a thing! It's perfect! Long lie gen 4!
  2. 2. If only one of the Mane 6 could stay, it should be...

• ...Twilight Sparkle.
    • ...Applejack.
    • ...Fluttershy.
    • ...Rarity.
    • ...Pinkie Pie.
    • ...Rainbow Dash.
  3. 3. Of only one of the Mane 6 was going to be eliminated, it would be...

• ...Twilight Sparkle.
    • ...Applejack.
    • ...Pinkie Pie.
    • ...Rarity.
    • ...Fluttershy.
    • ...Rainbow Dash.

So I recently heard about gen 5, and I was shocked. I had known there were last generations, but I never thought of this one ending. I have set up a poll, asking your opinion. Feel free to explain your answer, and share any other thoughts of concern you might have about the next generation.

I would rather there be a blank new slate. I'm fine with characters being edited and changed, but nothing that gets a main spot. I want to see a blank new slate. It's a new generation it should have new characters, we have had enough of the same characters especially the mane 6 for the past 7 years almost. 

I would rather none of the mane 6 stay at all, though I chose Twilight since I like her only slightly. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow are just horrible and annoying but Pinkie Pie takes the cake of who I would never like to see again.

I voted for the old cast to remain as it is in Gen 4. The reason being that the writers already keep trying to saturate the show with new characters and they never work as well as the Mane 6 or even come close. I have a feeling they'll populate the new show with new 'types' that'll be okay but won't capture the unique chemistry of the originals.  

I also voted for Rarity to have a recurring role because if they went with the likely choice (Twilight) they'd be too tempted to reduce her to a background Celestia kind of role and leave the main action and story to somepony new. That doesn't work for me. As it is, she already takes a back seat to Starlight, who is just a watered-down clone of her anyway. 

If I had to kick out one of the Mane 6, it would be AJ, even though I love her and wouldn't see any reason to eliminate any one pony. But if someone had to go, I guess I'd pick her as my least favorite. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

New cast.

One character to stay: Twilight (without wings please)

One character to go: Pinkie Pie (like that would ever happen, Hasbro's toyline require something pink and ADHD!)