Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Breaking Twilights Heart

Wonderbolt Slipstream

Yes and No. Yes because the only other ponies who's rejection have had as much of an effect on Twilight as Spike are Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and Princess Celestia.

That being said, as close as Twilight is to them, none of them have been with her the majority of her life as Spike has.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Maybe every time the other mane 5 abandoned Twilight like during Canterlot Wedding and the movie.

Possibly even when they were discorded too?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

That too. Her final tear became a broken heart. 

I also think of this when I think of Twilight's heart as being broken.

probably not. I mean, Spike was the one friend she had had the longest since even before he was born, and when he was, she had to step in and take care of him as a baby, because Celestia was unable to. She IS his mother, responsible for hatched and raised him up to his teenage years. The amount of love, perseverance,  and dedication that Twilight has invested into Spike makes Twilight's heartbreak all the more impactful when some literal nobody dragon comes in and undermines all of that.

Spike didn't mean to break Twilight's heart, he thought Sludge was his father, when it turns out, he wasn't. He apologized to Twilight after learning the truth, and everything's better now.

Like Spike said, "These ponies are more than my friends, they're my family."

Not in the same way, I don't think. Celestia could probably hurt her to a similar extent, but the feeling might be different, as the dynamic is more or less reversed. For Spike, it was the overwhelming sense that she had failed him, that she could never be what he needed and that he resented her for it. With Celestia, it would more be the sense that she'd failed to live up to some ideal. I mean, when she merely thought Celestia's disapproval was a possibility, she put a charm spell on her childhood doll. I think that says it all. 

Her parents might be a similar case, but we don't know their exact relationship. As for Shining Armor, Cadance, and her closest friends, I think that would depend on context. 

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is a very sensitive pony,,, in a insecured  way. Anypony who she feels she failed them can break her heart.