Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Combining status reply notifications

Totally Nyx

This is something I've been wondering about for a long time. I'm sure everyone's familiar with those pesky status updates that you reply to once, then the status explodes and just sends notification after notification after notification as people keep on replying to it. Is there a way to combine those notifications? Like it is for threads you follow, instead of getting a notification every time someone posts in there you get "Person A, Person B, and 4 others commented on [Creative Topic Name]". Is there a setting somewhere to get something similar for status updates?

Thanks for your time and all you do staff and stewards of the forum. :)

• Brohoof 3

I wish there was a setting to stack replies to Status Updates. It at least stacks reactions, but no not replies. In fact, one of the least customizable elements of the site ate notifications. They are less so now than they were in the older IPB v 3.4.x we were on for years. The only control I have in settings is to config what the default options are for users setting of their notifications (email vs notification). I'm not sure why their dev team handled stacking differently on content creations, and I would love this feature to be baked in. 

And maybe this is just me because I receive an ungodly amount of notifications. Another missing feature is something that allows you to switch up reply notifications on the fly. Posts have that. Statuses don't 

• Brohoof 1