Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Advice for a novice PC builder?

AstroJams

So I recently got a Fractal Design meshify C.....and I was trying to wire it but there was so little space between the  3.5 drive trays and the PSU...I couldn't plug anything in to the PSU ._. So I urged myself to gedt rid of the case (mainly because it was smaller than i expect) and I'm expecting a CoolerMaster H500 to arrive January. I'm using this power supply. Do you think i'll have any problems with it in this case too orrrrrrrrrr am I good here?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sondash Studios said:

I think your good. if everything fits in nice and doesn't appear to cause trouble, you should be fine.

(If the fan does the job good, your computer is safe):-D

PSU fan? or case fan?

1 hour ago, Tylad said:

You're lucky to have a more attractive PC case than mine lol. I'm just sitting here with my NZXT s340.

But anyways, you should be fine with that case!

OOOF, I just looked that up, that thing looks like it has no airflow, which torments me, because I'm going to rely on air cooling. Anyway, thanks for the assurance! Makes me less worried :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, AstroJams said:

PSU fan? or case fan?

OOOF, I just looked that up, that thing looks like it has no airflow, which torments me, because I'm going to rely on air cooling. Anyway, thanks for the assurance! Makes me less worried :ticking:

There are plenty of hidden vents and openings in my case, but it's all minimalistic.

I get decent temps and nothing too dangerous, but one some occasions, my ancient gtx 970 would go past 50 Celsius while doing casual workloads. Same would go for my i7, but it's also an ancient i7 that still performs just well for my needs.

Edit: I personally love my case, but I also feel a bit self-conscious about the looks of the case because my siblings think it looks lame and they all love those glass cases with RGB lighting everywhere.

Edited by Tylad

38 minutes ago, AstroJams said:

So I recently got a Fractal Design meshify C.....and I was trying to wire it but there was so little space between the  3.5 drive trays and the PSU...I couldn't plug anything in to the PSU ._. So I urged myself to gedt rid of the case (mainly because it was smaller than i expect) and I'm expecting a CoolerMaster H500 to arrive January. I'm using this power supply. Do you think i'll have any problems with it in this case too orrrrrrrrrr am I good here?

Seeing that the tower is a mid-size tower, you should be able to fit that in there no problem. You would only have to really worry about it if you are using an incredibly small tower. That is where ITX comes into play most of the time. Just make sure your fans work and to positions the fan correctly to create a good airflow through the case if you are just using air cooling. Like having a part of the case having the fans blow in and and another part blow out.

2 hours ago, Tylad said:

There are plenty of hidden vents and openings in my case, but it's all minimalistic.

I get decent temps and nothing too dangerous, but one some occasions, my ancient gtx 970 would go past 50 Celsius while doing casual workloads. Same would go for my i7, but it's also an ancient i7 that still performs just well for my needs.

Edit: I personally love my case, but I also feel a bit self-conscious about the looks of the case because my siblings think it looks lame and they all love those glass cases with RGB lighting everywhere.

PFFFT, I'd ignore um. Honestly I think NZXT makes some of the finest looking cases out there! Very aesthetic! I was originally planning to get one but the price point was a bit too high for me regarding cases. As for internals though, I'm gonna be using a Sapphire RX590, plus an R7 2700x. Wouldn't have gone with that CPU..since it's pretty expensive, but I managed catch it on it's lowest price point sale, so I feel lucky about that. I'm gonna looking forward to find out what temps I get, and if I need to add anything to control them better. My main goal for this build is temp control...not necessarily overclocking or pushing games to their limit, I just need something stable. Since it is my first build.

5 minutes ago, AstroJams said:

PFFFT, I'd ignore um. Honestly I think NZXT makes some of the finest looking cases out there! Very aesthetic! I was originally planning to get one but the price point was a bit too high for me regarding cases. As for internals though, I'm gonna be using a Sapphire RX590, plus an R7 2700x. Wouldn't have gone with that CPU..since it's pretty expensive, but I managed catch it on it's lowest price point sale, so I feel lucky about that. I'm gonna looking forward to find out what temps I get, and if I need to add anything to control them better. My main goal for this build is temp control...not necessarily overclocking or pushing games to their limit, I just need something stable. Since it is my first build.

Nice. Funny thing, I wouldn't have my case with me if the seller on Amazon weren't an idiot.

My older brother originally ordered two cases, but cancelled this one, but still shipped for some funny reason, and later then giving the case to me as a gift. :D 

Ah more computer building.....you guys are going to make me build another one:ph3ar:

I never ran fans in mine, just the PSU and a small fan to get a little air flow, water cooling was what I didB)

Please post pictures of your build!!B)

• Brohoof 1