Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HarmonyCon bomb threat

TransitPony

Just now, TransitPony said:

Last night a bomb and hostage threat was called in to HarmonyCon in Dallas last night. The hotel where the con is being hosted was evacuated. No one was hurt though. Here is some Twitter posts 

Thank God everyone is alright, but it made me angry to say the least. When will people show some respect?  

Yikes! That's scary as heck! Thank goodness for no casualties.

First Midwest Furfest a few years back, now this? 

At least unlike Furfest, they didn't follow their threat up.

Man, how bored must you be in life to get your jollies out of targeting a convention? 

Bronies have been around for eight years and now we start getting targeted with terrorist attacks? I didn't even think we were still getting joke threats of terrorist actions against us on internet boards. This must have been mortifying, I'm very glad that no one was hurt.  

• Brohoof 1

Ya know one of these days these it's just a prank bros are going to end up getting badly hurt. They think crap like this is all fun and games until they run into the wrong person that thinks they are serious. Frankly, at that point, I will chalk it up to natural selection at work. 

Well, that is messed up. Why do I have a feeling this was done by someone who despises bronies and wanted to "get back at them"

Will people be given some kind of compensation?

I'm glad people are okay, but sadly... the threat "worked" in that tons of people bought tickets, paid for hotels and such to go to a convention... That did not happen thanks to this threat. Is there any kind of compensation for the people who were put out? I really hope so.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is to be expected in this day and age. Although, it still doesn't fail to make me question the mental state of those responsible.

Yeah, I read about this earlier. Some pretty messed up people, prank or real.

I normally don't talk about hot topics and current events, so I'm sorry if what I say comes off as offensive or ignorant, but I just felt like this needs to be said.

While it's likely this was targeted specifically toward bronies, unless there's more evidence, still can't rule out the possibility that this was anything else other than a petty fandom war. Remember the Austin, TX bomber in 2018? There was evidence the suspect was possibly racially motivated, anti-gay, etc. but there was also evidence to suggest that he was just a psychopath who may have been more indiscriminate. We still don't know for sure, and given that the event happened almost a year ago, I don't think we ever will.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2019-02-09 at 2:09 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

First Midwest Furfest a few years back, now this? 

At least unlike Furfest, they didn't follow their threat up.

Whoa, what exactly happened in the Midwest Furfest if you don't mind me asking?

34 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

Whoa, what exactly happened in the Midwest Furfest if you don't mind me asking?

Back in 2014, somebody smashed a bottle of chlorine powder in a stairwell of the Rosemont Hyatt, causing chlorine gas to leak throughout the area. 19 attendees hospitalized.