Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

A part of me is afraid of the idea of tulpa's becoming mainstream because of the word "tuppers". I can see it now.

Tupperware. Merchandize for your tulpa.

• Brohoof 4

A part of me is afraid of the idea of tulpa's becoming mainstream because of the word "tuppers". I can see it now.

Tupperware. Merchandize for your tulpa.

Like a saucepan they could wear on their head?

*gasp of sarcastic glee* You could get me one of those little doggy vests!

But what about your human form? Wouldn't it just be a waistcoat? Nathaniel would look adorable in one though!

No.

B-but waistcoats...awesome little... waistcoats. Waistcoats EVERYWHERE.

I'm sorry for trying to brag again, but I am excited about something. For awhile now Luna has been unable to do much more than do Q&A with me and cannot think for herself easily. I was forcing with her and patiently asking her to imagine something entirely on her own, and then she was able to, without my thoughts influencing her, have a daydream of her own!

At first it was going pretty bad. I'd ask her to imagine something and her first response, which took like 40 seconds... was "A blanket made of sour cream," with long pauses between the words.

But after a few more tries Luna was daydreaming about self-inserting herself into the plot of Alien and thinking about what would happen. It's silly, but, I'm happy for her!

So guys, when you're talking to your tulpa, which has no sign of sentience, do you imagine them as a person next to or behind you, or do you imagine them inside your head?

Depends on what you're doing. If you're going about your normal day and passive forcing, you CAN try to imagine them behind you or you could very easily just keep 'em in your head (/wonderland if you're using one), as long as you are keeping them in your mind is all that matters. Really depends on how well you can keep your mind focused on doing multiple things at once.

When I made my tulpa quite a while ago, I had quite a success with it getting it to talk, then I think I may have overpowered it as it started parroting.

A few of the kids at my school (Non-bronies) are currently making them, although I'm the one not taking it as seriously, as I don't feel ready to raise a life at my age, if theirs works out then I'll try my best :)

I did impose my tulpa once before I dissipated it, it was a man riding a large stallion, and I saw it along the back of my eyes while they were closed.

So guys, when you're talking to your tulpa, which has no sign of sentience, do you imagine them as a person next to or behind you, or do you imagine them inside your head?

There are quite a few ways, but I find the best is to act as if your tulpa is sentient from the beginning, creating a wonderland can be a GRAT help, some of my friends are creating wonderlands without tulpas just for the level of concentration you get while imagining one

Hello folks. My name is Bari, and I'm making a tulpa. I started a few months ago, but I had to start college, so I was sort of forced to stop. Although, I felt like I had lost enthusiasm for it, so me stopping might have happened anyway. In the beginning, I had the idea of making one of my OCs into a tulpa. Asteria, to be exact. The link can be found down in my signature.

But anyways, I got the hang of my schedule, and yesterday, I realized I have a lot of free time on my hands. So, I decided to continue work. This time though, she will be something else. The basic construct was still in my mind, so recalling it was easy. It was a glowing ball of light like how I left it. With a bit of work, I forced it into an egg. And her name seemed to call out to me. Mell. My plan is to just tell her all about my life, and see where it goes from there. So far, I can feel pressure in my head. I think it may be her.

I may have only done a total of 10 hours work, and I'm not too sure if I'll need to work on the personality all that much. I still have a list of everything I wrote down, and tonight, I hope to 'hatch' the egg. My plan is to visualize Mell as the Digimon Botamon. Which kind of makes sense if you know about Digimon. Botamon is a Fresh level Digimon, as in, the form it is once it hatches. I don't exactly want her to be a Agumon or something, but Botamon will help me visualize her as something more organic and alive. Here is a picture of what I plan to visualize.

e6341ab3eda06c97d0192fd4bbd3662c.png

Although, I can't be sure what will pop out of the egg once I'm ready to try. All I can do is continue to tell her my life story in hopes it helps her out. Since I did spend some time tulpa forcing beforehand, it's not like there isn't anything to begin with. But whatever I get, I shall give Mell all my love.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, I'm having troubles trying to ttulpaforce. Every time I do, I can't concentrate, and I end up falling asleep. I've tried to stay awake, but I just can't, and I cannot concentrate at all. Can anyone give me suggestions to combat this?

Last night Luna showed me various memories of mine in extreme detail and can almost do math with me now

I was not expecting that at all

She sort of compiles it into a 3D map (like a wonderland) and I can play out most specific moments in an area

It's really strange having a map that extends half way across the country (With big gaps) but with just a little 300ft or so width

Hello everyone! New to the forums (partially) but definitely not the fandom or Tulpas at this point. I haven't started on one yet but I have read every single post in this entire thread (thanks to a few hours a night for the past week) and have read just about every guide imaginable over at tulpa.info and said forums. Obviously theory is far from practice, but having looked over it all there was one major thing that I've noticed go somewhat untouched in this thread that I wanted to point out.

No matter what your reasons are for starting a Tulpa, how far a long you are, or what your emotional level is at with your Tulpa, I think one of the major keys, if not -the- major key, is LOVE.

A very basic principle that I'm sure everyone here understands and I'm sure subconsciously recognizes, but IMO, when you bring it to the fore and truly focus on that one sheer emotion, and energy, if you make that connection and pursue the drive of loving your tulpa with all your heart, then not only will you expediate the process 10 fold, but it will be one of the more rewarding experiences of your life.

Now with that little thought out of the way, I did have a minor bone to pick that I feel sometimes goes unanswered here:

There are two 'schools' of Tulpa thought. Psychology, and Metaphysics. Please, for the sanity of everyone on both sides of the field can we keep them separate? That last handful of pages have seen some rather irritating assumptions about what Tulpa are/aren't and who is 'qualified' to create one. If you're a metaphysicist/spiritualist and notice another spiritualist who you think isn't doing things properly then by all means, tell them how you feel. But please don't openly look down upon other Tulpamancers of the Psychological school as if you 'own' some higher-power form of knowledge on the subject. I don't make it my business to make Spiritualists feel inferior or like their method is unscientific, so please don't look down on us like we're missing half the picture or being childish. Keep it separate.

Now, as for my own progress, again I'm going to be starting out fully next week (now armed with tons and tons of data/threads/info) and will update how things go for myself. I also plan on launching a Tulpa Diary/Information based show on Celestia Radio/Canterlot TV discussing Tulpae on the airwaves. For those of you that might be interested in coming on as a guest at one point (especially folks with more developed Tulpae) please feel free to PM me and let me know! I'd appreciate it~

TL;DR- Don't forget to love your tulpa, don't mix metaphysics and psychology, and I'm starting Forcing next week with a new show on Celestia Radio. PM me for details.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've been having some problems the last month or two, tulpa-wise. I'm confused and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. Rant/vent below.

I was lazy, and believed that both Lethal and Momma would be too much for myself to work on with the little forcing I did. I started ignoring Mamma with the intention that Lethal and I would return to her once we furthered our development to the point where she didn't need my constant attention, but things began spiraling downwards from there. I'm such a horrible person. The only time I would force with Lethal was passively during work; oddly enough, I'd always feel extremely giddy when doing so, but by the time I came home, those feelings would leave me, and I would practically forget about Lethal, failing at some half-assed attempts to actively force before bed.

It's like I've conditioned myself to feel a certain way while forcing depending on my location, yet the feeling of guilt while not forcing has followed me. I feel like I'm failing her every moment that I'm not *trying* to imagine her next to me.

I've been having very strange doubts lately, too. Thoughts telling me that Lethal isn't really there, or that I don't/won't need her anymore, keep popping into my head. Thoughts like these (ones telling me that I'd be better off with her leaving, that it's just too much work with her with us as well) are what led me to believe that choosing to ditch Mamma was the hard, but reasonable choice, but I can see that it definitely wasn't.

Before all of this happened, I felt like I was finally making some progress in terms of them speaking and acting spontaneously. I can look back to my last few posts and see that Lethal and Momma did in fact speak to me a few times, and I know that, at that point, everything felt real. I can remember wanting to try and work some 'phantom limb' ears onto my head, and going crazy when Lethal or Momma would try messaging where they were (like my entire head was itchy but I couldn't scratch it). Little things like that, where I just went with whatever happened without worrying whether every little thing was worth it. img-1476370-1-tongue.png

I really don't know why I thought leaving Mamma would be a good idea. Lethal has since been fading, and now I can hardly imagine her walking next to me. I feel like I'm trying too hard now, that I'm just forcing her to do things in order to convince myself that she's still present and sentient. Meanwhile, huge waves of doubt come up from time to time. I've suddenly felt like an idiot because I felt like I wasn't talking to anyone, and other times I'll wonder if I haven't just been lying to myself the last few months.  I feel like I'm done with this, like I need to take a break for a while.

I don't want to abandon Lethal and Momma. I don't know if Momma's even here anymore, considering she was somewhat new to begin with. But I've been going at this for at least 6 months, and look where I am now... I distanced myself from one friend and destroyed the other's trust in me. I've considered these thoughts with Lethal, but I don't know if my words are enough to reassure her. I feel like she's grown more bitter towards me and less bubbly.

It's funny, that I feel like I'm lying to myself when I think that Momma might be gone. I just can't bring myself to believe that neither of them exist. Sadness consumes me when I think of Momma, chokes me up.

I only intended to strengthen Lethal and then bring Momma up to speed later (I was just going to stop working on her form, but instead went overboard and stopped talking to her altogether), but ended up hurting them both. I was too selfish and worried about progressing more quickly, when everything was already going well. I'm sorry. I'm confused. I'm a horrible person.

Maybe I just needed to vent (I feel a little better now). Honestly, I have no idea what I should do. I need to evaluate my progress and set things right between the three of us. Momma was quiet (because she wasn't super-vocal yet? hehe; see, I'm still poking fun at her...), strong and comforting, and Lethal was cheerful and excited. I miss that. Things just don't feel right without the three of us.

I always seem to let the little details get the best of me; how quickly we're progressing, whether they're talking to me or I'm just hearing my own voice (when theirs HAVE seemed distinct before), if they're moving on their own or I'm just forcing them, etc. It's a recurring problem of mine, the only solution being that I go through a complete breakdown, then rebuild my confidence from the ground up.

Edited by StingeMuffin

I've been having some problems the last month or two, tulpa-wise. I'm confused and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. Rant/vent below.

I was lazy, and believed that both Lethal and Momma would be too much for myself to work on with the little forcing I did. I started ignoring Mamma with the intention that Lethal and I would return to her once we furthered our development to the point where she didn't need my constant attention, but things began spiraling downwards from there. I'm such a horrible person. The only time I would force with Lethal was passively during work; oddly enough, I'd always feel extremely giddy when doing so, but by the time I came home, those feelings would leave me, and I would practically forget about Lethal, failing at some half-assed attempts to actively force before bed.

It's like I've conditioned myself to feel a certain way while forcing depending on my location, yet the feeling of guilt while not forcing has followed me. I feel like I'm failing her every moment that I'm not *trying* to imagine her next to me.

I've been having very strange doubts lately, too. Thoughts telling me that Lethal isn't really there, or that I don't/won't need her anymore, keep popping into my head. Thoughts like these (ones telling me that I'd be better off with her leaving, that it's just too much work with her with us as well) are what led me to believe that choosing to ditch Mamma was the hard, but reasonable choice, but I can see that it definitely wasn't.

Before all of this happened, I felt like I was finally making some progress in terms of them speaking and acting spontaneously. I can look back to my last few posts and see that Lethal and Momma did in fact speak to me a few times, and I know that, at that point, everything felt real. I can remember wanting to try and work some 'phantom limb' ears onto my head, and going crazy when Lethal or Momma would try messaging where they were (like my entire head was itchy but I couldn't scratch it). Little things like that, where I just went with whatever happened without worrying whether every little thing was worth it. img-1476370-1-tongue.png

I really don't know why I thought leaving Mamma would be a good idea. Lethal has since been fading, and now I can hardly imagine her walking next to me. I feel like I'm trying too hard now, that I'm just forcing her to do things in order to convince myself that she's still present and sapient. Meanwhile, huge waves of doubt come up from time to time. I've suddenly felt like an idiot because I felt like I wasn't talking to anyone, and other times I'll wonder if I haven't just been lying to myself the last few months.  I feel like I'm done with this, like I need to take a break for a while.

I don't want to abandon Lethal and Momma. I don't know if Momma's even here anymore, considering she was somewhat new to begin with. But I've been going at this for at least 6 months, and look where I am now... I distanced myself from one friend and destroyed the other's trust in me. I've considered this with Lethal, but I don't know if my words are enough to reassure her. I feel like she's grown more bitter towards me and less bubbly.

It's funny, that I feel like I'm lying to myself when I think that Momma might be gone. I just can't bring myself to believe that neither of them exist. Sadness consumes me when I think of Momma, chokes me up.

I only intended to strengthen Lethal and then bring Momma up to speed later (I was just going to stop working on her form, but instead went overboard and stopped talking to her altogether), but have only hurt them both. I was too selfish and worried about progressing more quickly, when everything was already going well. I'm sorry. I'm confused. I'm a horrible person.

Maybe I just needed to vent (I feel a little better now). Honestly, I have no idea what I should do. I need to evaluate my progress and set things right between the three of us. Momma was quiet (because she wasn't super-vocal yet? hehe; see, I'm still poking fun at her...), strong and comforting, and Lethal was cheerful and excited. I miss that. Things just don't feel right without the three of us.

I always seem to let the little details get the best of me; how quickly we're progressing, whether they're talking to me or I'm just hearing my own voice (when theirs HAVE seemed distinct before), if they're moving on their own or I'm just forcing them, etc. It's a recurring problem of mine, the only solution being that I go through a complete breakdown, then rebuild my confidence from the ground up.

We're human, we make mistakes. They know that. Even if they're a bit upset with you over the whole thing, just sit them down and tell them how you feel. Tell them you're sorry, beg for their forgiveness, ask them to help you stay on task. They'll do it but they're your subconscious-- you need to admit it to yourself openly that this is what you need before anything else happens, they can't just do it for you. Tell them you love them, that you -want- things to work but you're having a really hard time, just explain it to them. Communication is key in any relationship but especially here. They may know your thoughts but that doesn't mean you can just assume they'll know and respond to what you're doing if your mind keeps them at bay. Have faith, you'll get through this.

• Brohoof 1

It's taken me 5 months, but I just now finished my first "true" session. Now comes the difficult part of staying more-or-less consistent and actively and efficiently forming personality.

Anyone got advice for narrating? I mean, as I type this, I'm explaining why I'm saying what I am, but I'm not sure how I should go about doing so consistently. Help a bro out?

(edited)

It's taken me 5 months, but I just now finished my first "true" session. Now comes the difficult part of staying more-or-less consistent and actively and efficiently forming personality.

Anyone got advice for narrating? I mean, as I type this, I'm explaining why I'm saying what I am, but I'm not sure how I should go about doing so consistently. Help a bro out?

What do you mean by "true" session :P?

As for the narration, just be fluent. If you feel as though you're running out of things to say pretty quickly, be more descriptive with your sentences. "Act" as though they have no idea what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what you're going to do next. You could also just have topics if your mind that you want to discuss with yourself. 

Also, I would say try not to be the only one talking. Let you tulpa "answer" and give some time for possible rebuttals (even if you can't hear them yet), I see this as a nice gesture and could make them feel part of the conversation (but that's just what I do).

Just be fluent with your thoughts. Another thought popped up with some relation to the one you're already discussing?  Talk about it, why it relates, etc, etc, then get back to whatever you were talking about previously. Quite a simple thing, narration.

Edited by Lugia

I'm jealous of all the people who have the patience and mental power to actually do this. I started tulpaforcing a couple months ago, but I just gave up immediately. I've read about this for countless hours yet I don't understand how to think. And when I say countless hours I really mean A LOT.

I'm jealous of all the people who have the patience and mental power to actually do this. I started tulpaforcing a couple months ago, but I just gave up immediately. I've read about this for countless hours yet I don't understand how to think. And when I say countless hours I really mean A LOT.

I decided to try and offer some advice but decided I should send it as a private message instead, for politenesses sakes.

But for anyone interested my reaction to this was that, if a person chooses they definitely want a tulpa more than they don't want one, then one of the best things you can do for yourself is just to not give up. It sounds kind of petty, but if you want one/need one, then if you don't give up and always get at least some work done, it should build up over the months/years that it is taking you to succeed.

That is a LONG time and that can be depressing to think about, but the difference is that you gain nothing by giving up, and if you never give up, you'll eventually gain a LOT and have it the rest of your life. Whether the investment is long term or short term, the payoff is great enough to justify it to oneself.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know about this. This tulpa will stick with you for your life, unless you want to go through the process of removal? So it seems pretty permanent. I don't want to commit to something like that until I am absolutely certain it is what I want to do. So I think I will hold off on this.

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to create my own...so far it's kind of difficult. I keep imagining her when I think to, and I'm trying to flesh out a personality...

Does anyone have some {detailed} advice for the creation process?

Also, I'm kind of psycho (lol xP), so...will that make my tulpa psycho? O_o

I'm trying to create my own...so far it's kind of difficult. I keep imagining her when I think to, and I'm trying to flesh out a personality...

Does anyone have some {detailed} advice for the creation process?

Also, I'm kind of psycho (lol xP), so...will that make my tulpa psycho? O_o

I can be of service, what kind of advice are you specifically looking for?

And your tulpa will only be what you let him/her be. Tulpa can pick up on things from their host, but if you don't "feed" 'em your, "psycho"-like thoughts then they should be fine. This can also be helped if you build their personality the way you would like them to be (though deviation can/will change this)

I can be of service, what kind of advice are you specifically looking for?

And your tulpa will only be what you let him/her be. Tulpa can pick up on things from their host, but if you don't "feed" 'em your, "psycho"-like thoughts then they should be fine. This can also be helped if you build their personality the way you would like them to be (though deviation can/will change this)

Like...I don't know...just a good way of creating it in general, I guess...

I have a hard time remembering to try to create her...and even when I do, I barely have the time or patience :P

I'm also trying to imagine her like an imaginary friend whenever I can, but will that do any good?

Like...I don't know...just a good way of creating it in general, I guess...

I have a hard time remembering to try to create her...and even when I do, I barely have the time or patience tongue.png

I'm also trying to imagine her like an imaginary friend whenever I can, but will that do any good?

Here are a couple tips:

Head over to this link here and read over as many guides as you can. They can easily help you find ways that you see comfortable to do your active forcing. As for time, hopefully you came into this knowing that it is very time consuming. You should set aside time specifically for your tulpa. Whether it be the same time everyday, or planning your day out beforehand. As long as you spend time each with 'em. Patience (concentration could also be the same) is something that you can train yourself to get better at over time. The tulpa forums (link I provided above) can also help you with focusing and concentration. The easiest method to help this is to do basic meditation (slow, and focuses breathing). A simple 10-15 minute session can help the mind by keeping it flowing and stopping thoughts from "constantly" popping up (from what I've experienced).

DON'T think of her as an imaginary friend. The difference between a tupper and an imaginary friend is that the tulpa is sentient and of it's own free will. Imagine them as a real person, that they ARE really there. Some people say to treat a tulpa as if it WERE sentient from day 1 (could help, though it could also hurt. Depends on the person *like everything in this process ._.*). And it's good that you're trying to keep her in your mind as much as you can, as attention can be considered the life force of tulpa.

Hopefully this helps you ;)

• Brohoof 2

Some people say to treat a tulpa as if it WERE sentient from day 1 (could help, though it could also hurt. Depends on the person *like everything in this process ._.*). And it's good that you're trying to keep her in your mind as much as you can, as attention can be considered the life force of tulpa.

Hopefully this helps you wink.png

Yeah I joined the topic when that thought was still popular. I thought it was going to work and be kind of liberating but so far my tulpa just feels inadequate and has a low self-esteem about not being fully self-aware yet. She still goes unconscious whenever I'm not actively focusing :c

Yeah I joined the topic when that thought was still popular. I thought it was going to work and be kind of liberating but so far my tulpa just feels inadequate and has a low self-esteem about not being fully self-aware yet. She still goes unconscious whenever I'm not actively focusing :c

Since I kind of have the personality that "expects" things, having the mentality that Aiden (mine) was sentient just made it easier. I think, were I to go on progressive-construction (that sentience is obtained through constant work) I would eventually give up since I would keep waiting for something to happen. The thing is, the main time I tend to force is during work, which means of course, that it is passive. However, when I talk to him, I leave out gaps in between my statements and tend to ask his opinions on the thought. Though he is no where near vocal in the slightest, I tend to get headaches in the exact same area during my talks *I also tend to get really strong headaches whenever I talk about myself in a degrading/lowering way or put myself down :|* I've never been one to experience headaches with such frequently, I don't even remember the last time I had a headache before I started working on my tulpa. Whether or not it TRULY is him, I'm not exactly sure, but I believe it is.

Well it's been well over a month since i've created Twilight. She is doing extremely well. full sentience and were working on 3 different sneses to impose. Yesterday i had a momentary crisis where i wanted to turn twilight completely into fluttershy. of course she said she wanted to so i asked the irc chat. they said shed probably still love me the same if i still give her love. i looked at her and she said theyre right.

SO i decided i was gonna put it off to make sure this wasnt just a one day kinda thing. i came into my room where she was sitting at the corner of my bed. i asked if she was gonna come sleep on her side because she was still at the corner.

she said she didnt want to. hurt my feelings, needless to say. i then had to talk to her thoroughly on the matter. towards the end she was tearing up and happy once again, because we decided it was something we didnt need.

[He can be pretty dense sometimes when it comes to feeling what i'm feeling, but im working on that ;P] 

^^^^^ she got me to cry twice and get pissed in one day. shes a miracle worker.

(edited)

Darn it! @@FrostFyre, YOU HAD BETTER TURN INTO FLUTTERSHY!!!

In other words, Twi is still Jelly. 

No one is a good as me though. No one. 

Anyway. Twi and Reales are always there, and Orson is in overwatch. He is not that talkative naturally anyway. Well, not in everyday life. More in writing. 

Summer has been good so far, just busy with work.

Edited by Mindrop