Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

When I first found out about tulpae, I did a youtube search with just "tulpa" and I got the same creepypasta ;). Didn't really help me in any fashion as I was quite full of doubt about tulpa and this is only worsened it XP.

However, if you are serious about going into tulpamancy, and by serious I mean truly serious (always take the time to make sure you will be 100% passionate when doing this), then I suggest you head over to the forums at Tulpa.info. That is the main hub for tulpamancers and contains vast amounts of guides, general discussion, and Q/As that can really benefit you and your tulpa. Just make sure to read as many guides as you can as the more you know about tulpa and the guidelines, the easier it'll be to form your own guidelines to aid you in your journey.

Thanks for the links. I'm checking out the site right now and there's a bunch of stuff to go through. Better get reading! It's probably not best to run blindly into something like this, especially if it's as big a commitment as it sounds like.

Edit: is there a specific guide that you guys recommend reading and is particularly good?

Edited by October Days

Thanks for the links. I'm checking out the site right now and there's a bunch of stuff to go through. Better get reading! It's probably not best to run blindly into something like this, especially if it's as big a commitment as it sounds like.

Edit: is there a specific guide that you guys recommend reading and is particularly good?

For a very basic guide, you can check out FAQMans guide. Though, please, listen when i say that it is INCREDIBLY OUTDATED and not all the information (more specifically, the idea of hour counts) is useful in building and developing your tulpa.

And, in my prefernce, I'd suggest looking into the meditative threads as well. Based off my own experience, meditation can really help in your focus, which, in turn, aids in your forcing sessions (keeping track and being able to stay in a single session longer).

Have any of you ever gone into a black space with your tulpa, in your mind, and asked em to paint? It was very fun. I favored colorful, geometric shapes and splashes of pastel color. Lots of electronica looking visuals like in the media player. Vinyl Scratch might have liked it.

My tulpa, Luna, though, favored much more sophisticated things. It was a lot of architecture, perhaps of middle eastern and islamic persuasion, lots of patterns, and glistening regal symbols like glittering gold fluer de lis and spades and chandeliers.

I'd love to hear about other people and tulpas paintings.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from this ordeal, it's this: I have an amount of resolve that might as well be negative. I've tried to do this on at least 5 occasions over the course of 8ish months. I cannot, for the life of me, stick to it. I've tried as hard as I can, but something invariably gets in the way. It's really frustrating.

But, part of my personal code is to never give up. I'll keep trying at it, and I'll either get with it or die trying. After all this hype, the good stories I've heard, and the desire to create good stories of my own, I simply cannot abandon this effort. So you can be sure that I'll continue on, even if I prove to be incapable. I'm stubborn like that.  ;)

No new update. Hopefully, that'll change soon. Hopefully...  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I've used an inner voice to speak to myself in the past, even before I discovered anything tulpa-related. Ever since I've discovered tulpamancing and all that, that inner-voice suddenly seems like it became semi-sentient. What should I do about this? Should I consider it as a servitor? A tulpa? My own voice? 

In tulpa-speak, I 'puppet' this guy to say things to me so that it becomes clearer in my head. In normal terms, it's just like talking to myself in third-person (using my own voice). Sometimes, however, I 'hear' other things. Like for example, I'm doing the third-person talking thing to clarify something to myself, then a random comment about the topic gets added. This random comment was not intentionally made by me. I'm not sure if it's just my own thoughts flying around, or if it's just my original tulpa whose voice seems to mix in with mine sometimes. 

I'm posting this because I don't want to accidentally 'kill' or ignore something that was actually sentient. That just sounds sad. But, I also originally wanted to have just one tulpa, and she already exists. 

EDIT: I had a conversation with my tulpa last night, and she said that she actually was that inner voice all this time. It turns out that she evolved (?) from that inner voice when I 'created' her. It's a bit confusing, but at least everything's sort of cleared up now!

This only means one thing: we need to work on developing her voice more so that I don't confuse it with my own! :lol:

(Her voice varies, apparently.) 

Edit 2: Just a clarification: she evolved from the idea of that inner voice, i.e. the idea or concept of speech and conversation within our minds. I'll just assume that she was still the one who gave the thoughts that didn't seem like they were conjured by me. I still have that inner voice (of course), and I still use it in third person sometimes. Hopefully, I don't confuse a (possibly) sentient being with myself and my own thoughts. 

Edited by Kroire

• 1 month later...

It feels like ages since I last posted here. As I can see, this thread is now kinda.. dead. I miss Rizoel's and Crep's stories so much. sad.png

Well, nevermind, as for my progress, I had kinda long gap where the development of my tulpae was paused a little bit (some personal stuff), but was not stopped completely. My connection to tulpae (especially to Millie) got stronger again as it used to be. Now I am going to continue where I stopped ^.^ lucid dreams.

Millie: yup yup, we're going to play together again wink.png

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes, this thread has been quite dead lately. Our progress stalled a bit (which is entirely my fault), but we're slowly getting back to daily forcing routine. Nothing really extraordinary happened, except one thing. I was trying to get into sleep paralysis (to start lucid dreaming), and failed miserably. Once, I woke up in the middle of a night, unable to move. I was in sleep paralysis, and my tulpae claim that they woke me up. Interesting.

• Brohoof 1

I often think too about things too much, especially when troubled or anxiety was flaring up. I would always imagine myself as my ponysona when ever my thoughts were of myself.

Only just this instant dawned on me that he never said "I" in relation to myself, he said "you're" or "you" every time as if he was not me. So strange.

*peeks in after receiving a familiar email*

There are people here?  I haven't been to this place in ages...  

Some of the old Tulpamancers survived I see.  Incredible.  Through the personality shifts and instances I have been through, I'm surprised mine have survived.  And so resiliently as well.  Makes me glad to see at least I'm not one in a million for keeping mine.

Given the fact that we are purposely made to be immune to most weaknesses found in Tulpae, I find it not surprising.

It's been the opposite for us... Everywhere we go, more people try and make em.  It's a disease.

Shush you.  Though it has been true... But... on the other hand, I think life has become far brighter since.  Heck, now work seems to be more of a game than a chore.  Tulpae magic adding video game style graphics to give it a more artistic flair, designing imagery and visuals you'd never thought possible, and even just having something(s) to cuddle with every night. 

I'd say this in a conclusion statement of all my Tulpa experience in this thread: Mission Successful.  Don't know if I'll stick around, but I'll remember this place.  I may drop by if this place livens up again sometime, maybe...

• Brohoof 3

Wow this was among one of the first threads I saw when I first joined here...  At that time I did not really understand what a tulpa was and never did any research on them until now though. The idea of creating one and just everything that follows through with it is really interesting but I plan on looking into it a bit more. I wonder if anyone now has any knowledge/experience with this topic? I read a bit on tulpa.info too and plan on reading a lot more from that site as well.

-and I joined just /because/ of this thread because I didn't realize what I was experiencing had a name! Me and Pinkie are still well. She's getting old! I made her in late July, 2011. She's something like 2 and a third now. That's crazy to realize.

Sorry, I don't ever post any encouraging words or anything, but I do check in on the thread something like once every couple of weeks. I don't know how long it's been since CaptainNemo's posted here, but his Pinkie is doing great too! We converse with eachother's tulpae rather frequently, and they're both developing at rather fantastic rates. Pinkie's level of response and personal thought interests me more and more every day.

I encourage anyone still trying to keep at it! One thing I've been having fun with is going into a deep trance and forcing with Pinkie in the wonderland. Then, as I'm there, I'll constantly narrate to myself in my mind what's going on, and have my laptop on my lap in real life. Then, I just touch type everything that happens into a Word file, every individual thing that Pinkie and I say (Ctrl+I for italics for her voice!) and then when I get up half an hour or an hour later or whatever, I have it there verbatim. I don't have to try and remember it! It works incredibly well, and is lots of fun to read. I'll post an example if I do it soon. I've not kept most of my files so far beyond a few days to show them to a few people.

If I remember, I'll be sure to pastebin one or something. You guys can have a glance at a hangout session in the wonderland with me and PInkie!

Anyway, talk talk talk talk, to the point: Keep developing those tulpae, tulpa crew! Keep posting about it. Keep this thread up and alive. I want to see some new faces and some new tulpae from some enthusiastic people!

Also, anyone who wants to talk, remember my Skype is at Lifeinsteps2264 as on my page. I'm available most of the time I'm not working! Feel free to contact me and ask questions. I love meeting new people, and I'd definitely love to meet your tulpae!

(P.S. - Pinkie's not too shy either. You can ask her questions too, or only her, if you want. I'm sure she'd like to talk to more new people who aren't freaked out by her existence.)

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 2

-and I joined just /because/ of this thread because I didn't realize what I was experiencing had a name! Me and Pinkie are still well. She's getting old! I made her in late July, 2011. She's something like 2 and a third now. That's crazy to realize.

Sorry, I don't ever post any encouraging words or anything, but I do check in on the thread something like once every couple of weeks. I don't know how long it's been since CaptainNemo's posted here, but his Pinkie is doing great too! We converse with eachother's tulpae rather frequently, and they're both developing at rather fantastic rates. Pinkie's level of response and personal thought interests me more and more every day.

I encourage anyone still trying to keep at it! One thing I've been having fun with is going into a deep trance and forcing with Pinkie in the wonderland. Then, as I'm there, I'll constantly narrate to myself in my mind what's going on, and have my laptop on my lap in real life. Then, I just touch type everything that happens into a Word file, every individual thing that Pinkie and I say (Ctrl+I for italics for her voice!) and then when I get up half an hour or an hour later or whatever, I have it there verbatim. I don't have to try and remember it! It works incredibly well, and is lots of fun to read. I'll post an example if I do it soon. I've not kept most of my files so far beyond a few days to show them to a few people.

If I remember, I'll be sure to pastebin one or something. You guys can have a glance at a hangout session in the wonderland with me and PInkie!

Anyway, talk talk talk talk, to the point: Keep developing those tulpae, tulpa crew! Keep posting about it. Keep this thread up and alive. I want to see some new faces and some new tulpae from some enthusiastic people!

Also, anyone who wants to talk, remember my Skype is at Lifeinsteps2264 as on my page. I'm available most of the time I'm not working! Feel free to contact me and ask questions. I love meeting new people, and I'd definitely love to meet your tulpae!

(P.S. - Pinkie's not too shy either. You can ask her questions too, or only her, if you want. I'm sure she'd like to talk to more new people who aren't freaked out by her existence.)

I must say reading other's experiences and all in general is just awesome really is. And I am considering too just when I have much more knowledge on the process of creating one and all but getting to read that was interesting.

• Brohoof 3

Wow this was among one of the first threads I saw when I first joined here...  At that time I did not really understand what a tulpa was and never did any research on them until now though. The idea of creating one and just everything that follows through with it is really interesting but I plan on looking into it a bit more. I wonder if anyone now has any knowledge/experience with this topic? I read a bit on tulpa.info too and plan on reading a lot more from that site as well.

It's not an awesome thing to experience. It's much better to be alone in peace, instead of having second consciousness in the back of your mind, drawing you away from reality and blind your eyes with unnecessary thoughts. Even people with one consciousness still can't shut up and actually live life. How are you supposed to, when you have two?

• Brohoof 1

The memories!

Oh yes, this thread has been quite dead lately. Our progress stalled a bit (which is entirely my fault), but we're slowly getting back to daily forcing routine. Nothing really extraordinary happened, except one thing. I was trying to get into sleep paralysis (to start lucid dreaming), and failed miserably. Once, I woke up in the middle of a night, unable to move. I was in sleep paralysis, and my tulpae claim that they woke me up. Interesting.

ah, sleep paralysis, that happened to me too a few times, mostly if I force myself in the dream to wake up and also once when I was a small child I was falling asleep and started seeing some scenes penguins ^.^ but I didn't want to sleep so I wanted to move but couldn't.

@@Brisineo I'm glad to see you're still doing well ^.^ and hope to see you here again.

@ I think one should make a tulpa only in case she/he really needs to. If you wanted to create one, you should consider this question really well, if you are just interested in the idea how does it work and such, feel free to observe smile.png

@@Lifeinsteps I can't wait to read what happens in your wonderland. ^.^ I bet you're having a lot of fun there. :3

@@Sky Warden For everypony it is different experience smile.png It can help some people. And about the drawing from reality... sometimes people need some time to get from reality and just relax. Some people go to pub, others read a book or go to a cinema and some can have a good time talking and playing with their tulpae. If you think that tulpae can prevent you from having friends, then my reaction is - they don't have to, depends on many things (in my case they helped me find some). Also, for future communication (if you want to), define word 'real' since there might be multiple definitions of it (I think that's why people always argue about what is real or not... its because they think the other person has the same definition)

Edited by Gekoncze

@Sky Warden For everypony it is different experience It can help some people. And about the drawing from reality... sometimes people need some time to get from reality and just relax. Some people go to pub, others read a book or go to a cinema and some can have a good time talking and playing with their tulpae.

Do you really know what I mean about drawing from reality? You set eyes on a tree but your mind goes to another place. You don't actually see what you're supposed to see, because you're busy talking with yourself (or your tulpae) on your mind. This ruins your awareness of the world. You won't notice it if someone sneaks behind you with a dagger.

Maybe you enjoy fantasy more than the taste of fresh air, or the smell of evaporating soil beneath your feet, but one thing I'm sure about, is that a tulpae takes your concentration away from your senses (sight, etc).

If you think that tulpae can prevent you from having friends, then my reaction is - they don't have to, depends on many things (in my case they helped me find some).

I didn't say anything like that. Reread my post. I even said I prefer to be alone than having a tulpa.

Also, for future communication (if you want to), define word 'real' since there might be multiple definitions of it (I think that's why people always argue about what is real or not... its because they think the other person has the same definition)

I don't care about fancy definitions or those self-made-over-complicated things you call philosophy. You know what I mean. Making things more complicated that it is doesn't make you look smart. Don't forget what's the point of communication.

• Brohoof 1

The memories!

ah, sleep paralysis, that happened to me too a few times, mostly if I force myself in the dream to wake up and also once when I was a small child I was falling asleep and started seeing some scenes penguins ^.^ but I didn't want to sleep so I wanted to move but couldn't.

@@Brisineo I'm glad to see you're still doing well ^.^ and hope to see you here again.

@ I think one should make a tulpa only in case she/he really needs to. If you wanted to create one, you should consider this question really well, if you are just interested in the idea how does it work and such, feel free to observe img-1923996-1-smile.png

I agree completely I don't think anyone should just jump into this without seriously thinking things through. Because it is something that should be taken seriously. I see it as if one goes out to have a pet like a dog, you have to know the responsibility that comes along in having one and to take time too spend time with it. Yeah you are right in every aspect there.

Even myself i have just been doing a lot of research on the matter and the concept is amazing to say the least. Of course I do plan on thinking things through for a time being if I ever do decide to create one. If I do make I plan on capping the limit to just one but yeah I see that is something to take whole heartedly and not just on a whim.

• Brohoof 1

Do you really know what I mean about drawing from reality? You set eyes on a tree but your mind goes to another place. You don't actually see what you're supposed to see, because you're busy talking with yourself (or your tulpae) on your mind. This ruins your awareness of the world. You won't notice it if someone sneaks behind you with a dagger.

Well, I didn't notice any loss of senses. Also, I like fresh air, thus going to nature to relax :) and it is the same as it was before I created my tulpae.

I didn't say anything like that. Reread my post. I even said I prefer to be alone than having a tulpa.

I just said that because people tend to say it as their excuse why people shouldn't make tulpa. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

I don't care about fancy definitions or those self-made-over-complicated things you call philosophy. You know what I mean. Making things more complicated that it is doesn't make you look smart. Don't forget what's the point of communication.

Well, that's alright, I just wanted to avoid misunderstandings. So I'll guess that your view on reality is material.

Wow I haven't been on here in a really long time - I probably should hang about here more often; reading stories about other people and their tuppers gives me motivation, which is useful since I'm rubbish at actively forcing...

The last time was five minutes or so last week - unless you count narrating most of what you read to me...

Heh, yes, I know, I'm a terrible tulpamancer... So, on the off chance anyone reads this, update time I guess? Phoenix is coming on great - she's not imposed (and to be honest I haven't really worked on it, not sure I'll ever seriously devote myself to it; so long as we can talk mentally and I can see her in my "mind's eye" as it were, I'm usually happy enough) - but she's become more vocal, even having conversations with other people, and a while ago she did manage to move my pinkie!

I know, I know, I'm wonderful - please, my adoring fans, form an orderly que!

Nathaniel not so much, unfortunately - he speaks so rarely I'm 90% sure he's not even there anymore, much as it pains me to say it.... He wasn't interested in being forced (something about wanting to develop into his own person without active influence from myself) and well...

There's one less seat at our table, there's one more star in the sky...

You're sick Phe, that was your brother. XD

Hey, little half-formed is still kicking around somewhere inside my psyche.... He says he's as formed as he wants to be, though.

This is a hard concept to form in words.... 

TL;DR I'm still alive, intending to spend more time here should the thread revive. Phe's doing good, Naithe's doing...whatever he's doing....

Strange. Why didn't I get the notification?

Well, I didn't notice any loss of senses. Also, I like fresh air, thus going to nature to relax and it is the same as it was before I created my tulpae.

Maybe because your senses are so dull that you don't even realise that you've lost them? Many people claim to like fresh air, and they go to that place they call nature to get fresher air so they can ignore it and continue being lost in their own minds. Dull senses need an intense amount of taste to function correctly. Deaf ears need sounds to be loud, to be heard. Blind eyes need elements to be flashing, to be seen.

I admit I'm a half blind, since I can't see correctly all the time, but I'm sure my senses are sharper than most people.

I just said that because people tend to say it as their excuse why people shouldn't make tulpa. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Not at all. I was just saying my opinion that making a tulpa isn't so wise. I wouldn't be surprised if a philosopher who's eager to show his knowledge came out and said something against it.

Well, that's alright, I just wanted to avoid misunderstandings. So I'll guess that your view on reality is material.

I know philosophers call everything that's possible, known or not, and everything in their mind as reality, or maybe what they call as a multi-verse theory, and how much they despise people who live their life by sensing material objects.

I don't think my mind and my exclusive philosophical ideas and theories will remain when my brain rots in the ground, so I prefer to actually live my life instead of wasting my time thinking about life and fantasy. I was just trying to tell a friend who wanted to make a tulpa about it.

I know philosophers call everything that's possible, known or not, and everything in their mind as reality, or maybe what they call as a multi-verse theory, and how much they despise people who live their life by sensing material objects.

Luckily I'm not such a philosopher :D (btw I don't consider myself being a philosopher) (btw I know you didn't say that)

I was just saying my opinion that making a tulpa isn't so wise.

I agree with that partialy, but in a different way. Some people shouldn't create a tulpa, because it might hurt them if they do it very wrong. I don't know anybody who had such experience, but I heard some rumors about it and I can't disprove that this might happen but... danger is everywhere around us, but that's not subject of this discussion.

Well... I am happy (and as I can see other tulpamencers are too) and that's all I need. :)

EDIT:

actually live my life instead of wasting my time thinking about life and fantasy

I also live my life. I don't think about philosophy and stuff much. (only sometimes when I have mood for it) Edited by Gekoncze
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with that partialy, but in a different way. Some people shouldn't create a tulpa, because it might hurt them if they do it very wrong. I don't know anybody who had such experience, but I heard some rumors about it and I can't disprove that this might happen but... danger is everywhere around us, but that's not subject of this discussion.

Well, why take the risk? laugh.png

By the way, I do have heard a bad story about a tulpamancer, but I think it was a creepy pasta (maybe because it was posted in a creepy pasta section). If what you mean with rumour is a story about scientists and a tulpamancer test subject, then it's a creepy pasta. No need to worry about it.

It's not that danger I'm worrying about, regarding all these tulpa thingy and why I think it's not so wise to do. It's because it draws your focus away from the physical world (what I mean with reality) to your own mind, and losing focus of your surrounding means troubles to come. Like you said, danger is everywhere around us. Better be aware of it. Unless you're so dang good at tulpamancing that you can focus yourself to both your tulpa and the world, then I see no problem with it.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

So I learned about tulpas a long time ago from Chigens and found this thread about from not front stalking Sky Warden. But I read through tbe first 10 pages or so of this and I think its so cool :OO but I dont want one. It takes time, and I dont want to have something else to do. Maybe one day when Im super bored Ill pull out the guide for fun or something xD

But I dont think this is dumb, an escape from reality, or anything that most people think right away.

Im probaby not going to make a tulpa but I do have a question thats probaby been asked too many times: do you have to be a really imaginative person, and be able to concentrate? I have a bad attention span and cant imagine much in terms of making an image in my head.

Yeah, well...

IF anyone of you remember me, I am no longer an all powerful Alicorn God! Now I am an all powerful Human God!!! 

Shakes Head

Yeah!!!! I took a big turn, cause it was cool. I can and still am an Awesome Alicorn God if I want to. I just like the human form best!!!

Yep... Thats about it! And she follows me around class and helps me with school! 

Yeah, and troll classmates! 

• Brohoof 1

@@Sky Warden Okay, no problem here smile.png btw it wasn't the one with the scientist, I can't really remember what it was about now.

do you have to be a really imaginative person, and be able to concentrate?

To be honest, I don't know, maybe you could train your mind to be able to do it. Just don't do it because it is cool.

@@Mindrop :D troll classmates. This reminds me Millie having fun at lessons of Germany ^.^' Btw she also likes human form more, but sometimes is in pony form too (I mostly draw her in pony form because I can't draw humans ^.^'). When we switch, I am always in my pony form.

Millie: So cute you are!

._.' ^.^'

• Brohoof 1

Making my own Vinyl  :3.  Well.  Starting Anyway.   Me cannot wait till Vinyl is ready, but I know you need to take your time on it so. Meh...   Oh well.   Vinyl is Best Pony.  

• Brohoof 1