Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Yeah, and I'm guessing that a tulpa I'm making would already know what I like the best, and try to respect that while they're being created, as long as I put positive emotions into creating her, right? Because I've read about how tulpas can be disappointed that they didn't meet the host's expectations, so I think they're normally cordial and will stay close to the general theme.

Also, do I need to decide on all my tulpa's characteristics before creating her? Or will she fill out any holes with characteristics that please her, based on her likes and dislikes? And is it possible to be too unrealistic when making a tulpa? Like one that only has good points and no flaws?

Edit: And would a tulpa have 100% use of the brain, since they're basically an extension of the subconscious?

Positive emotions in to her creation are practically a must have. Your subconscious will provide a filler for anything that you don't develop and will likely change the tulpa to match was you truly desire and need. Tulpas can indeed become depressed due to feeling as if they have not met the host's expectations, which is why many avoid creating any expectations.

No, you can decide on every trait or on no trait, because either way, they will deviate. Though, if you force a certain trait and it is truly important to you, it is likely that they will keep it. It is possible to make the tulpa only have good points, if that suits you. Many, including myself, chose not to do so due to the unrealistic feel and feeling 'bored' with someone who's simply perfect and 2D all of the time. Of course, it's your mind, so due whatever you please.

A tulpa has as much use of the brain as you believe it has, with certain limitations, they simply are not as strong with it as you are, of course there are exceptions. 

Positive emotions in to her creation are practically a must have. Your subconscious will provide a filler for anything that you don't develop and will likely change the tulpa to match was you truly desire and need. Tulpas can indeed become depressed due to feeling as if they have not met the host's expectations, which is why many avoid creating any expectations.

No, you can decide on every trait or on no trait, because either way, they will deviate. Though, if you force a certain trait and it is truly important to you, it is likely that they will keep it. It is possible to make the tulpa only have good points, if that suits you. Many, including myself, chose not to do so due to the unrealistic feel and feeling 'bored' with someone who's simply perfect and 2D all of the time. Of course, it's your mind, so due whatever you please.

A tulpa has as much use of the brain as you believe it has, with certain limitations, they simply are not as strong with it as you are, of course there are exceptions. 

So would it be possible to develop her in a way where she would have a higher chance of liking the 2d equine form I give her? I don't want to force a form on my tulpa if she doesn't want it. I feel that even though she's basically another part of my mind, she's still, technically an independant mind. So making her be something she doesn't want to be would be a form of abuse. And I don't want her to take a form she really dislikes just to please me.

So would it be possible to develop her in a way where she would have a higher chance of liking the 2d equine form I give her? I don't want to force a form on my tulpa if she doesn't want it. I feel that even though she's basically another part of my mind, she's still, technically an independant mind. So making her be something she doesn't want to be would be a form of abuse. And I don't want her to take a form she really dislikes just to please me.

... I suppose it would be possible. Likely? Maybe not so much. A tulpa has a mind of its own that they will use to make their own decisions. You can always start off with the form you prefer and then allow her to change it later on if she desires. I'm sure that you'll be able to work something out, and if she ends up disliking her current form, she'll just change it. No harm done.

... I suppose it would be possible. Likely? Maybe not so much. A tulpa has a mind of its own that they will use to make their own decisions. You can always start off with the form you prefer and then allow her to change it later on if she desires. I'm sure that you'll be able to work something out, and if she ends up disliking her current form, she'll just change it. No harm done.

Thanks, now I just need to learn more about making a proper wonderland and about forcing. One more question. I've read stories where tulpas would control their host's bodies for extended periods of time, so their host could live in their wonderland, while they get to experience being physical living beings. I've also seen members of the tulpa forum claiming to be tulpas who had their host's bodies passed down to them while their owner went into hiding. Is this really true? Not that I would force my tulpa to live in the cruel human world when they could be spending time wherever they please. Although it would be nice to visit my wonderland with my tulpa, or allow my tulpa to experience being fully human once in a while. Like maybe for 8 hours or something, so I could spend some time in a copy of Equestria for a while, but not long enough for people to realize that I'm gone. Going away for too long would be unhealthy for both me and my tulpa, I'm pretty sure.

Also, would my tulpa be able to learn things by automatically tapping into my memories, or would I have to imagine a library into my wonderland to give her access to my knowledge? I've heard of at least one tulpamancer making a library, as well as a workshop that he/she used to create his/her tulpa.

(edited)

Okay. Here's my first reaction when I saw this:

24662073.jpg

But once I started reading it, I was thinking "wow this sounds kind of interesting." Then I did some fact checking

This actually is a myth.

Tulpas are spiritual forms that tibetan monks attempt to communicate with through meditation. It is not a sentient creature that you create with your own thoughts.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edited by DolosusDoleus
  • Brohoof 1

img-2482459-1-24662073.jpg

But once I started reading it, I was thinking "wow this sounds kind of interesting." Then I did some fact checking

This actually is a myth.

Tulpas are spiritual forms that tibetan monks attempt to communicate with through meditation. It is not a sentient creature that you create with your own thoughts.

Though I find it slightly odd that you came in to tell all of us that our belief is false, I must say that I respect that.

You're correct, actually, Tulpas were spiritual forms created by Tibetan monks. They were sentient and were used as a method to discover oneself. They can and sometimes are still created for this purpose. However, the purpose and motive behind them has changed since then. They take the illusion of sentience through the subconscious, giving them an independence. Now, instead of a metaphysical being, they are seen more commonly as a psychologically induced hallucination.

• Brohoof 1

This actually is a myth.

Actually, it is. It's the brain's way of trying to make sense out of someone talking to themself. They're basically forcing a mind onto their subconscious. Not sure exactly how it works though. But there is much research that proves that they do indeed have another mind within their brain, or if not that, they have a spirit that talks to them. I don't think all of the people who claim to be tulpas who possess their hosts are lying.

@

The reason that I'm saying this is my belief that people should not make a decision until they see all sides of what they are looking at. I've gotten a few enemies because of this (mostly creationists/strong atheists), but that is the way that I think.

So thats why I'm explaining my tibetan theory.

This actually is a myth.

Midnight Eclipse is right; the name might have originated in this Tibetan practice but its definition has changed somewhat. I am assuming your research consisted mainly of looking on Wikipedia since this is almost exactly what the Wikipedia page says.

I'm tempted to make a tulpa fanfiction about where someone makes a unicorn tulpa, and one day the host is in danger (like about to get mugged/jumped) and there's a surge of adrenaline from both the host and tulpa, and next thing you know, the unicorn materializes into the real world, nuzzles the host, then chases after the thugs while aiming lightning bolts at them (kinda like the ending of "King Dee Dee Dee Invades Equestria)

#Has issues

I have been having some trouble with forcing is it simply just talking within your mind? And over a process of time your tulpa will respond back to you? I was pondering on skipping personality and just simply doing narration. But do you just talk to your tulpa as if your talking to someone else when your "meditating" so to speak? I am still in the very start of my creation phases and am kinda lost as to where getting a start and all.

(edited)

I have been having some trouble with forcing is it simply just talking within your mind? And over a process of time your tulpa will respond back to you? I was pondering on skipping personality and just simply doing narration. But do you just talk to your tulpa as if your talking to someone else when your "meditating" so to speak? I am still in the very start of my creation phases and am kinda lost as to where getting a start and all.

I'm thinking of attempting to tulpaforce too, though after my exams. My starting place would be my memory palace (an imaginary building where I store important memories in order to easily retrieve them later). My thought palace is a combination of multiple spaceship sets from various sci-fi shows. On the bridge is an AI construct called Aniara which helps me locate my memories. I shall attempt to turn her into a Tulpa but at the moment she doesn't really have a personality. I have purposefully avoided finding out exactly how to create a Tulpa while I don't have the spare time to dedicate to one but I do have a plan for tulpaforcing.

Since I already have a setting, I will meditate and start talking to Aniara, asking her her opinions on various things, her emotional reaction (if any) to various events and, hopefully, she will eventually talk back on her own volition whereas right now I have to consciously make her speak.

I believe a setting, an imaginary location, would maybe be helpful for tulpaforcing as you could imagine yourself physically sitting across from your Tulpa while conversing with it. However, most people say not to give your Tulpae an appearance that they have not picked themselves so I'm not sure how that would work. In the case of Aniara, however, she is a hologram so it would be easy for her to change her appearance.

Edited by Taviscratch
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Tulpas are spiritual forms that tibetan monks attempt to communicate with through meditation. It is not a sentient creature that you create with your own thoughts.   Sorry to burst your bubble.

The way you wrote that makes out like your trying to claim everything we do is fake 

Edited by Ritan Kurai

@

The reason that I'm saying this is my belief that people should not make a decision until they see all sides of what they are looking at. I've gotten a few enemies because of this (mostly creationists/strong atheists), but that is the way that I think.

So thats why I'm explaining my tibetan theory.

Eh, all theories are welcome in my opinion. You're right, I believe it important that people learn the origins of tulpas and where they came from. However, the practice has changed very much as of today.

(edited)

This actually is a myth.

Contrary to what people say about this comment, Wikipedia does not state (at least not exclusively) that tulpas are entities separate from a person's mind. Wikipedia states quite clearly that they originate from someone's mind. I find that the Wikipedia article taken as a whole describes the phenomenon quite well. There is mention of a possible interpretation that goes beyond this, but this could also be a symptom of the same muddling of terminology that happens today. The original meaning of the word ("to build" or "to construct") hints at this strongly.

Edited by Dowlphin

Eh, all theories are welcome in my opinion. You're right, I believe it important that people learn the origins of tulpas and where they came from. However, the practice has changed very much as of today.

Well, in a way "the practice" might not have changed, since the Tibetan practices are aiming for something different than what is aimed at today.

I'm wondering how much of today's practices are even based on the old stuff.

I know that one of the rules for tulpa.info progress logs is "nothing sexual", but does anypony know what they count as "sexual"?

If you have to ask that question, you better make "not include" your default decision.

I know that one of the rules for tulpa.info progress logs is "nothing sexual", but does anypony know what they count as "sexual"?

If you have to ask, it's probably already an issue. Basically, don't be descriptive in that area, best not to include anything you've done in bed with said tupper if anything has been done. Doing so is your choice, but Tulpa.Info doesn't want to see it. Romantic is generally okay, however.

Well, in a way "the practice" might not have changed, since the Tibetan practices are aiming for something different than what is aimed at today.

I'm wondering how much of today's practices are even based on the old stuff.

If you have to ask that question, you better make "not include" your default decision.

The practice is almost completely different, with few remaining with the same goal as the Tibetan monks. Not much of todays practices still relate to the 'old stuff'. We've discovered ways that help our development more. 

(edited)

I think when I start forcing, I might let my tulpa be completely random afterall. I say this because I read that it's not good to force any traits/appearance on the tulpa, and they already know my subconscious, so they know what I like and dislike anyway, and if possible, I would like to be able to compromise and allow my tulpa to do what makes him/her happy, and also what makes me happy.

I guess what I'm saying is, is it possible to let my tulpa be created with random appearance/personality and still end up being satisfied with the end result? I honestly don't really care all that much whether it's male or female, although I do have my heart set on a pony. Also, I was originally gonna make an alicorn, or a unicorn with Fleur Dis Lee's build, but at this point I'll be happy with him/her becoming equine. And there's always the compromise of making the tulpa into a shapeshifter so it's not stuck with one appearance.

Also, is it true that tulpas can create tulpas of their own, and that they can create their own servitors to help them with work?

Edited by Princess of the Sun

I think when I start forcing, I might let my tulpa be completely random afterall. I say this because I read that it's not good to force any traits/appearance on the tulpa, and they already know my subconscious, so they know what I like and dislike anyway, and if possible, I would like to be able to compromise and allow my tulpa to do what makes him/her happy, and also what makes me happy.

I guess what I'm saying is, is it possible to let my tulpa be created with random appearance/personality and still end up being satisfied with the end result? I honestly don't really care all that much whether it's male or female, although I do have my heart set on a pony. Also, I was originally gonna make an alicorn, or a unicorn with Fleur Dis Lee's build, but at this point I'll be happy with him/her becoming equine. And there's always the compromise of making the tulpa into a shapeshifter so it's not stuck with one appearance.

Also, is it true that tulpas can create tulpas of their own, and that they can create their own servitors to help them with work?

Umm, where did you read this, may I ask? I personally forced both appearance and personality and my tulpa is doing very well. Of course, it's also fine not to force those things either, doesn't make too much different, you just may get something slightly off of what you expected. Compromising is good, though. It's always good to take the tulpa in to consideration. 

Yes, even if the tulpa is allowed to design itself, you'll likely still end up satisfied with the end result. Shapeshifter compromise is always a very good way for tulpa and host to be able to each have something they like. Of course, form is just form, and actually not even necessary. Try not to put too much thought in to form, a tulpa is not there form, nor should they be expected to be. 

Yes, they can create tulpas of their own, alongside servitors. Many do.

Umm, where did you read this, may I ask? I personally forced both appearance and personality and my tulpa is doing very well. Of course, it's also fine not to force those things either, doesn't make too much different, you just may get something slightly off of what you expected. Compromising is good, though. It's always good to take the tulpa in to consideration. 

Yes, even if the tulpa is allowed to design itself, you'll likely still end up satisfied with the end result. Shapeshifter compromise is always a very good way for tulpa and host to be able to each have something they like. Of course, form is just form, and actually not even necessary. Try not to put too much thought in to form, a tulpa is not there form, nor should they be expected to be. 

Yes, they can create tulpas of their own, alongside servitors. Many do.

Oh that's pretty cool. Also, I read that tulpas can collaborate with their hosts and create tulpas together, and also work on their wonderland together. I can't wait to get started, but I'm so afraid of screwing it up. I don't want to end up like this one guy who ended up losing his tulpa because he didn't keep her visualized enough =/

Oh that's pretty cool. Also, I read that tulpas can collaborate with their hosts and create tulpas together, and also work on their wonderland together. I can't wait to get started, but I'm so afraid of screwing it up. I don't want to end up like this one guy who ended up losing his tulpa because he didn't keep her visualized enough =/

Tulpas can and generally do collaborate when creating another tulpa, and the majority of tulpas collaborate with the host in the making of the wonderland, perfectly normal. There's no wrong, just detours. As long as you but your heart in the process and believe, it's only up from here. Also... Never heard of that guy, doesn't seem too plausible to me.

Hiya everybody/tulpa !

I had found this thread, like, months ago, and I got really interested by the subject. The human brain is just a fascinating thing isn't it ?

So, my decision to make a tulpa was made a long time ago, but I wanted to have as much information as possible before starting, and I didn't want to bug people by asking the same questions that have been answered to every page. So, yeah, I read the entire thread ! (Took me long enough, but it was informative and at times fascinating just like a good book ;)). Besides, I also did some research on other sites and I think I'm ready to finally start the creation process.

I have settled on a pony form, but I still need to find the actual appearance. I also started writing down personality traits that I need to complete (Fun fact: I just noticed I wrote the traits with my "Sigmund Freud Museum" pen, what a coincidence :))

So, good luck everyone !

I'm going to watch this thread closely, and maybe post a progress report every week or so.

Hiya everybody/tulpa !

I had found this thread, like, months ago, and I got really interested by the subject. The human brain is just a fascinating thing isn't it ?

So, my decision to make a tulpa was made a long time ago, but I wanted to have as much information as possible before starting, and I didn't want to bug people by asking the same questions that have been answered to every page. So, yeah, I read the entire thread ! (Took me long enough, but it was informative and at times fascinating just like a good book ;)). Besides, I also did some research on other sites and I think I'm ready to finally start the creation process.

I have settled on a pony form, but I still need to find the actual appearance. I also started writing down personality traits that I need to complete (Fun fact: I just noticed I wrote the traits with my "Sigmund Freud Museum" pen, what a coincidence :))

So, good luck everyone !

I'm going to watch this thread closely, and maybe post a progress report every week or so.

You don't really have to worry so much about the appearance, because your tulpa can read your subconscious, and will know what you desire anyway. And the less expectations you have for your tulpa, the easier it will be for it to become something you want. Besides, your tulpa knows best, they have a direct link to your subconscious :)

Hiya everybody/tulpa !

So, good luck everyone !

Props for reading the whole thread, that is determination, my friend. Determination that is necessary for the tulpa creation process. Best of luck on future endeavors, and don't worry about the questions, we're all open to answer.

Have you signed up for Tulpa.Info? Definitely a great place if information is what you're searching for. (Dang, I sound like their sales representative.)