Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

@@Nightmare Muffin

Just letting you know that I merged your Tulpa topic with the already existing one. As it is a mega thread the merge was warranted. In the future please be sure to search for existing topics so e can avoid clutter. :)

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

My tulpa is hilarious! XD He keeps doing these really funny things. Just last night I was joking about doing some overly exaggerated, edgy fursona for April Fool's Day, and a little later he suddenly gained a cat mouth and tail and pranced around just for laughs. XD He actually still has the cat mouth today, apparently he likes it :P

And one time he was in a room with me and a bunch of other girls and I was joking about how he wasn't a girl, and *poof* he was in this frilly pink dress for somewhere around a full minute :P

I can't exactly see him with my eyes yet, but I can see and perceive him and what he's doing in my mind's eye remarkably clearly, and I'm pretty sure that's all that needs to happen at this point. :3 I'm really glad I decided to get a tulpa, he makes me laugh and be in a good mood more often than I used to...normally I'm just indifferent :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm wondering what is the longest that someone switched with their tulpa?

Indefinitely. When you treat a tulpa as not strictly being different than a host, wholly artificial limits cease to be a problem. ^^

Indefinitely. When you treat a tulpa as not strictly being different than a host, wholly artificial limits cease to be a problem. ^^

Isn't there that one case where someone tried to switch longterm, and pretty bad stuff happened?

Isn't there that one case where someone tried to switch longterm, and pretty bad stuff happened?

The attitude that needs to be taken is that you are the master of your own head. Which is to say, all those potential dangers, scary stories, feared outcomes, will only really happen if you truly believe they will. In that specific case it was prooobably somepony trying to make a scary story or creepypasta, which aren't meant to be taken as truth by the end of the day anybloop.

• Brohoof 1

Tingles, itches, muscle knots or cramps, etc.

Well my tulpas usually trigger itches and tingles but nothing like cramps. They usually happen when they possess a part of me or my whole body.

img-26221-1-12400443_10208221868972733_4415261696382781040_n_by_flutterblue2792-d9rcjyc.jpg

I'm having some trouble wonderland-wise. I've got a collection of planes/sectors. Two planes have houses for my tulpas, but I'm having trouble visualizing them (I think it's because the concept of "1 Bed 0 Bath" is hard to comprehend if you're used to houses being at least 1 Bed 1 Bath).

• Brohoof 1

What do you guys think of this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments/3gtdgm/i_guess_buddhists_are_touchy_bout_tulpae_and_yidam/

[Personally, I'm a bit scared by the idea that I could be a bastardization of a thing someone else holds as sacred. I'm also disturbed by the idea that tulpamancy isn't as big a part of Tibetan Buddhism as was previously thought, or that Alexandra David Neel was a believer in wacky stuff I tend to dismiss.]

Doesn't having that many mental constructs running around in your head ever get, say, confusing?Like do you ever have a problem distinguishing you own thoughts?

My Tulpa's (Cadmus and Helios) merely infulence my thoughts... although, i sort of daze of into a conversation with said tulpa's time to time

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the heat of being angry at my dad last night, I thought of one of my tulpas as "dad". Are there any instances of a host viewing their tulpa(s) as parent figures (and possibly, input from the host's biological parents on what they think of this)?

• 3 weeks later...

The first comment, the one that...I wouldn't say "generalized", because he said "almost all pony tulpas", but--

[That's kinda what he did. At least, that's how I feel about it.]

He was attacking using no base for his argument. I don't believe we should listen to such people. If what someone says is obviously false, there is no reason to believe it.

I think I may have accidentally created a tulpa over the years. I've been developing a character for the past like 8 years now and I used to imagine how he would react to things around me. Sometimes I even have arguments with him and he's kinda taken on a life of his own inside my head but only shows up rarely.

EDIT: For those that are wondering the character is the one that is my avatar.

Edited by SpikusFyre
  • Brohoof 2

Crappy OC that needs fixed... https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spikus-fyre-r8722

NEW Youtube channel of things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkStMfLEJvyubL4mR2X3nNw

Ask me stuff! https://mlpforums.com/topic/135500-ask-spikus-fyre-stuff-and-things-and-stuff/

My procrastination filled request shop where I sometimes remember to draw stuff: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136594-im-bored-so-ill-draw-stuff/

Shape-shifting is easy once you do it for a thousand or so years.

We've run into a problem. I once decided that each of the areas in my mindscape would count as a single story. Thus, Rainbow Dash's house is one story tall. She kind of doesn't like that, and she said that she felt like it made her wings redundant.

• Brohoof 1

We've run into a problem. I once decided that each of the areas in my mindscape would count as a single story. Thus, Rainbow Dash's house is one story tall. She kind of doesn't like that, and she said that she felt like it made her wings redundant.

then make the 'story' taller. :P

• Brohoof 1

2uyqhld.jpg

So i was discussing this with a friend of mine (who has made a tulpa before), and he seemed utterly appalled that the way I've been trying to do this does not involve meditation of any kind. He suggested I do that before major sessions and that should help.

But, here we come to the problem. I don't know how.

From what he described, it's essentially just emptying the mind of thoughts and thinking of nothing. But both of those are completely foreign concepts to me. My mind is pretty much always active in some form or another, barring the few moments before I fall asleep. I have no idea how to stop it.

I've tried doing some meditation in my spare time, but it never feels like I'm doing it right. Largely because I don't know how to cancel things out, and even if I did, there'd probably just be more things to cancel out.

This sounds incredibly dumb, I know, but how does one meditate? Especially for something like this. I'm having literally zero luck at it.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed.