Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I heard some people managed to create their tulpa without even knowing...how is that possible, though? I thought you needed a lot of concentration.

Also, I saw that you need hard work, time, and whatnot, and if I don't have any of those I shouldn't try and make one...but if you unknowingly make a tulpa, then how?

• Brohoof 4

I heard some people managed to create their tulpa without even knowing...how is that possible, though? I thought you needed a lot of concentration.

Also, I saw that you need hard work, time, and whatnot, and if I don't have any of those I shouldn't try and make one...but if you unknowingly make a tulpa, then how?

I managed to make my tulpas without knowing that something like "tulpa" exists <- not sure if you mean exactly this. I am not sure how I did it. I was very lonely person and I just imagined talking to some creatures (real people or cartoon characters etc.) and I liked talking to one so much, that I decided to talk to her every day... it was quite... how to say... strange and chaotic in the beginning, but after about 2 months it had some rules and after a year it was ok. After some time I decided to make another "friend" and after about 2 or 3 months I discovered MLP forum and this topic finding out what tulpa is.

• Brohoof 3

not sure if this is progress, but i think my tulpa has told me it wants to deviate a bit. a day or so ago she wanted to change a few things. Starting with her eyes. when i went to go talk to her in my wonderland, instead of magenta (im basing her off RD) her eyes were lime green. Also, i don't think she wants to be called Rainbow Dash. I thought for a couple minutes and came up with dashie. (it feels like she didn't object.) I'm so very proud of her! :D

• Brohoof 3

http://tulpa.info/

That's the best place to start. And realize, you have to feel it out a lot. You have to make it work for you. Just because people do it one way, does not mean it will work for you.

Thanks for the link, I'll be working on my tulpa soon. I do have one question though, as I'm going to be starting with the personality, like the guide suggested, when exactly will I be able to tell if this is working or not? I mean, the tulpa creation as a whole, how will I know for sure if I'm making any progress?

Thanks for the link, I'll be working on my tulpa soon. I do have one question though, as I'm going to be starting with the personality, like the guide suggested, when exactly will I be able to tell if this is working or not? I mean, the tulpa creation as a whole, how will I know for sure if I'm making any progress?

It differs from person to person. Only you will be able to tell if you are making progress or not.

Usually via weird feelings in your head or strange emotions coming from someone who isn't you.

• Brohoof 2

It differs from person to person. Only you will be able to tell if you are making progress or not.

Usually via weird feelings in your head or strange emotions coming from someone who isn't you.

Well, wish me luck then. Also, many suggest tulpaforcing for more than 5 hours in a week, but do you have to do it only 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day? How long should you do it a day (I know it shouldn't be for more than 3 hours, the guide said it has negative effects on you), will doing it every day have negative effects on you?

Well, wish me luck then. Also, many suggest tulpaforcing for more than 5 hours in a week, but do you have to do it only 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day? How long should you do it a day (I know it shouldn't be for more than 3 hours, the guide said it has negative effects on you), will doing it every day have negative effects on you?

In the first week you should try and get somewhere around 10 hours to get a solid base.

I suggest keeping a schedule, usually doing it once a day for an hour. (At least, that's what I did.)

In the first week you should try and get somewhere around 10 hours to get a solid base.

I suggest keeping a schedule, usually doing it once a day for an hour. (At least, that's what I did.)

I'm assuming then that you were successful? Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it. Any last words of advice for a rookie? Anything can help at this point.

I'm assuming then that you were successful? Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it. Any last words of advice for a rookie? Anything can help at this point.

It's pretty much all personal preference. Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Try and narrate to your Tulpa, be it out loud or in your head, pretty much whenever you can. It's pretty important in a Tulpa's development.

It's pretty much all personal preference. Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Try and narrate to your Tulpa, be it out loud or in your head, pretty much whenever you can. It's pretty important in a Tulpa's development.

Narrate? You mean, like, talk to it, right? Try to have conversations, ask it's opinion on things, that sort of thing? Even if the form hasn't been created yet (I'm assuming you have to make the personality first)?

Narrate? You mean, like, talk to it, right? Try to have conversations, ask it's opinion on things, that sort of thing? Even if the form hasn't been created yet (I'm assuming you have to make the personality first)?

Yeah. Really though, anything counts as narrating.

A memory you had, some experience you may have been through, a joke. Doesn't matter. Just make sure you talk to the Tulpa as if it was already created.

@@blackopp1,@@Chigens and Kay, Ah, so that's who was spamming up my inbox with notifications. :P Blackopp, Chigens speaks the truth. Good luck, and ask any questions when they come up. I am anything but conventional in my forcing. I have no happy place, and am so busy with school, I rarely can calm down enough to force. You wont have a problem.

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp

Edited by Legendyay Emerald
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I find this very interesting. While I would think that having a tulpa would be better for someone living alone, I find it interesting that the human mind can separate into multiple cores to develop a unique personality. Kind of like a controllable version of multiple personality disorder, where two personalities can exist at once.

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp

To any highschoolers out there. How do you guys find the time to tulpa force? currently, i've got study hall, which is an hour, and 30 minutes before i go to sleep, but other than that, not really any time to force. any suggestions/ help?

To any highschoolers out there. How do you guys find the time to tulpa force? currently, i've got study hall, which is an hour, and 30 minutes before i go to sleep, but other than that, not really any time to force. any suggestions/ help?

If you can concentrate enough in the study hall do it there.

If not, do it before sleeping. That is when I tulpaforced. Just make sure you don't fall asleep as that can have a negative impact on the process.

If not, do it before sleeping. That is when I tulpaforced. Just make sure you don't fall asleep as that can have a negative impact on the process.

One last question. So I understand I'll be spending the first 10 hours or so (throughout the week) working on associating the personality with the (still unformed) tulpa, but where exactly do you tulpaforce? Lying down? Sitting? And do you just close your eyes and try to focus as much as possible on the tulpa during that time?

Try not to lie down, it may make you fall asleep, which can be detrimental to tulpa development, especially in the early stages. You can force anywhere you like, but try to make sure it's not too noisy so you won't be distracted. Focus on your tulpa, talk to them, describe to the their personality. That's how I did it, seemed to work pretty well. You can keep your eyes closed or open, whatever is more comfortable to you.

One last question. So I understand I'll be spending the first 10 hours or so (throughout the week) working on associating the personality with the (still unformed) tulpa, but where exactly do you tulpaforce? Lying down? Sitting? And do you just close your eyes and try to focus as much as possible on the tulpa during that time?

What I do is lie down and get into the Tulpaforcing state of mind, then I enter the wonderland I had made to help keep random thoughts at bay which provides a relaxed space for me.

Try not to lie down, it may make you fall asleep, which can be detrimental to tulpa development, especially in the early stages. You can force anywhere you like, but try to make sure it's not too noisy so you won't be distracted. Focus on your tulpa, talk to them, describe to the their personality. That's how I did it, seemed to work pretty well. You can keep your eyes closed or open, whatever is more comfortable to you.

It can make you fall asleep, but what you do is try to get into a meditative state of mind first. Which allows you to lay down without feeling sleepy.

What I do is lie down and get into the Tulpaforcing state of mind, then I enter the wonderland I had made to help keep random thoughts at bay which provides a relaxed space for me.

And this state of mind, you just clear all other thoughts from your head, go to this place in your head, and think about the tulpa?

negative as in how? i fell asleep twice. does it make your tulpa not like you? does it make them mentally challenged!?

I scared for my little dashie washie!

And this state of mind, you just clear all other thoughts from your head, go to this place in your head, and think about the tulpa?

Pretty much, yeah.

That's the easiest way to put it I suppose. Except, instead of thinking, it's more like you are actively creating it and pouring energy and emotion into it...Very hard to explain.

negative as in how? i fell asleep twice. does it make your tulpa not like you? does it make them mentally challenged!?

I scared for my little dashie washie!

Well, when you are dreaming, some thoughts and other subconscious things can get to it I think. To prevent this from happening to mine, I just told her to stay away from my dreams if it were to ever happen. Yeah, some Tulpae get mad if you fall asleep, I don't know how far you are into yours but in the early stages it can be detrimental.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much, yeah.

That's the easiest way to put it I suppose. Except, instead of thinking, it's more like you are actively creating it and pouring energy and emotion into it...Very hard to explain.

I think I get what you mean, creating something in your mind, that is. Kind of like programming, right? You start with the code and work on the aesthetic works. Alright, I'll begin today.

• Brohoof 3

• Brohoof 1