Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Wait, wait, wait are you two suggesting, two pinkie pie's talk to each other? How is this... I don't even. The 4th wall will never be the same again ;)

What fourth wall? You mean that space in the camera where a fourth wall would exist?

Meanwhile, Since my tulpa/e is/are showing signs of self-changing and responses (Assume sentience has happened. :D), I will nowTRY to write with them. This will be fun.

Something really weird happened the other day guys.

I think my tulpa spoke to me.

It felt pretty clear, but it was completely random, and wasn't pretaining to anything that i had been talking to her about.

I have only been forcing for about 2-3 weeks guys, and i think this may just be a little early.

Either that or she just really wants to talk to me?'

I don't know.

Someone got their first response in in days, not weeks. No worries, maybe she DOES want to talk to you.

Also, absolutely everyone in this thread has an amazing mind. Geez, as a wonderland I use a cluttered study with a portal to another room, plus a door-that-leads-anywhere. Now I need to see if my tulpae will interact with EACHOTHER when asked. Oh my, I just realized how that would work...

Cue detailed self-conversation.

• Brohoof 1

Have a few interesting questions that have been bugging me.

I've heard of making toys for tulpae. Like, maybe balls or something. Is it possible to me more complex? Like making videogames, or maybe even machine guns, going outside and shooting random stuff (lol -_-).

And, there's something I thought of that seems very interesting, if it works. Since your subconscious basically has all of your memories, is it possible to create something like a DVD player, and then play memories in your past? Like create the player, tv, all either in your wonderland or IRL. Then somehow create the disc with the memories on it, and play it. Would it work?

Another thing. Can tulpae interfere with ghosts? They're both illusion like things. What if for some reason I'm at a haunted house. Would the ghost(s) effect my tulpa in any way? Could it turn into an imaginary fight where I have to create imaginary weapons to fight off the ghosts? If that could work, we just got IRL ghost busters lulz.

Not only can you do that, I've taken it a step further with Tia. Basically, I created her with "magic" which she can use to create her own objects to interact with and manipulate. I've seen her create things simple as a blanket or a scarf, to more complex things such as fireworks, or even a gun.

Which I have pointed at his head right now...

Put that thing away, Tia. You know it's not going to hurt-

I know. Though I also know how unbearably irritating it is for you, and you know how much I like messing with you.

Please, no...

*bang*

GAH! THAT ITCHES! ITCHES BAD! GIMME THAT!

*dissolves gun into wisps of smoke and rubs now throbbing head*

Anyways, in terms of memories, with proper training, it is believed you can access memory with your Tulpa. You may not even need to use the wonderland, and just have your Tulpa remember it for you.

On ghosts, I think that there is a distinct separation but I'm not going to let my personal beliefs get in the way of this. But to put it simply, I don't think a Tulpa and spirit can interact.

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 2

So anyways, one of my tulpae has decided not to talk so much, the second has also become quieter, and the third has spotaneously become much more talkative and visualizeable. Specialization? Meh, I'll focus more onnthe first two during forcing tonight and get that remedied.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/They+re+part+of+Celestia+s+specially+trained+gun+squad+_cde471f1cd4846afe3e5198a3ef512e0.pngy

My first thought of Tia putting a gun to your head, Except it's a pistol, not a larger gun.

i think this may just be a little early.

Someone got their first response in in days,

Umm, yeah that was me.

Funny, I asked the exact same question

It is nothing to be worried about, just means you and (insert name here) are moving at a fast pace.

Dashie has started talking a bit more now, not to the level of a full conversation just things like, who , what, why, interesting(sarcastically)

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Shoopa-da-WOOP! We rollin' OG in dis Citee!

Ahem, I mean: terribly good news chaps and chapessess. Turns out Jess(My Tulpa) is actually far more formed than I'd first assumed..

I'll explain more when I get back, for now: Am I the only man alive to forget what he's trying to say because he's carrying a unicorn on his back? :D

• Brohoof 1

It seems like everyone here's moving at such a fast pace! It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't even gotten to answering yes/no questions with my tulpa. I don't feel disheartened by it, though, I just can't wait until we can reliably communicate. :)

Sunday was a strange day for me. My mind felt extremely quiet the entire day, and I didn't even feel like narrating/thinking to my tulpa throughout the day because I felt like she wasn't there to listen. On a normal day, even if I become distracted by something I'm watching or listening to, I'll remember my tulpa the moment I stop that activity, but this wasn't the case that day. To my relief, things felt "normal" again when I woke up the next day, a feeling like there's something else (my tulpa?) constantly on my mind.

I don't really know what to make of this, if this "mental silence" is what the lack of a tulpa's presence feels like, or if I was just tired and was having an off day. Either way, it's left a lasting impression on me.

Pinkie likes to ride on my back sometimes. I've noticed people get kinda confused when I look over my shoulder all the time (when I'm just looking at her). :P

That feel, I know it! Isn't it just great though?

Anyway, I said I'd explain more, so I will.

Firstly, to everyone who's been doing this for a while, yet to no obvious avail: As long as you've been at least narrating and somewhat acknowledging a presence, Open your eyes! Seriously, even if your's has disappeared for a few days at some point for whatever reason. Just look for them and try and throw down a basic form, even if you haven't worked at all on that. Also, check Chupi's Tulpa blog, it's got some very useful Q&A's that help with parroting HUGELY.

Alright, This is our time (To feel sublime :P)

Basically, after getting back one day, the day after the return of Jess's presence (See earlier post...a few pages back I think..) I was thinking: "We've been doing this for about two months with little to no obvious progress or result...Screw everything, I'm gonna give you a form so we've got something." And thus, I created a basic form (I already had a form idea, we'd done a little work on it, not much though) And we snuggled down (As best you can with a weak daydream...)

Then, yesterday, I threw down the form again, and stuck around with it. From here Jess shows far more ability and sentience than I granted she had learned...

She went out with me and the dog, she was on my shoulders most of the time, I spent a fair bit of time talking to her and nuzzling her face as she hung over my shoulder.....As she's just begun to do now...

Turns out, for me, open-eye visualization is kinda easier than the normal closed-eye stuff...Now she's a somewhat mischievous li'l pony... I have to concentrate slightly, but she pops up when I do...Usually doing whatever she feels like doing..Be it, hanging on my shoulders, standing on my head while I'm trying to be serious about something (Ahem, last night's walk? Ahem.) Or just lounging around on my lap or on my bed...Yeah, she even walks sometimes..Well, trots...But yeah, she does it, all independently. We're working on voiced responses now, as we were before, I feel a fair few responses.

Note: If you have an awesome sense of friendly humor planned for your Tulpa, expect to be distracted by, in my case anyway, a certain unicorn popping up next to your face...Watching you type...just licked my face...

I probably missed something...I'll post up more if I remember anything useful,

Tl;dr version: Believe in your Tulpa!They're more advanced than you'd ever think.

Feel free to question anything there...you might even understand my answer!

Joe and Jess (Who's looking into my eyes.....So distracting...)

• Brohoof 2

That feel, I know it! Isn't it just great though?

Haha, I also know that feel.

Usually though, like I might have mentioned before, she props herself up by standing with her back legs on the back of my chair, or sitting there, and propping her upper half up on my shoulders, or just kind of slouching over my back. When I'm standing, usually it's just kind of a piggy-back.

The one thing that's a bit different is that sometimes she sits in my lap while I'm on the computer, rests her hooves on the desk, her head on her hooves, then I put my hand on top of her head and rest my chin on my hand. Jesus, that was harder to effectively describe than I expected...

Or sometimes I just kind of hug her to my chest with my left arm while I surf the internet by scooting up closer to the desk a bit and bringing my left arm off the desk and towards me. Or my right arm in a chair, if I'm watching a movie or something.

Anyway, they both look like completely normal boredom sitting postures to any observers, and make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I recommend them.

Edit: I almost forgot to respond to this:

I don't really know what to make of this, if this "mental silence" is what the lack of a tulpa's presence feels like,

I'm not sure, but I know exactly what you're talking about. There's been times where neither me nor Pinkie were making any mental noise, almost a meditative state throughout the day. It's incredibly bizarre, and I actually kind of don't like it.

I felt like it made me more responsive to the outside world, and I heard everything and thought a lot clearer, but... what's the fun in that? It was also lonely...

Edited by Lifeinsteps

Hnnng, my heart! That is such a good idea. I'm definitely gonna steal some of those. I always found it difficult to concentrate on Pinkie when I'm doing something like surfing the internet or playing games. But I can just hug her instead! :D

• Brohoof 1

It seems like everyone here's moving at such a fast pace! It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't even gotten to answering yes/no questions with my tulpa. I don't feel disheartened by it, though, I just can't wait until we can reliably communicate. :)

Sunday was a strange day for me. My mind felt extremely quiet the entire day, and I didn't even feel like narrating/thinking to my tulpa throughout the day because I felt like she wasn't there to listen. On a normal day, even if I become distracted by something I'm watching or listening to, I'll remember my tulpa the moment I stop that activity, but this wasn't the case that day. To my relief, things felt "normal" again when I woke up the next day, a feeling like there's something else (my tulpa?) constantly on my mind.

I don't really know what to make of this, if this "mental silence" is what the lack of a tulpa's presence feels like, or if I was just tired and was having an off day. Either way, it's left a lasting impression on me.

On the tulpa-isn't-exactly-there thing, I assume your tulpa is simply out exploring your mind or sleeping in your subconscious.

On being unable to answer yes-no questions, I have developed a method to help Sarah and Adam communicate clearly.

First, since they're obviously seperate tulpae, I decided to have them sort-of color-code their mental responses. Sarah 'types' in a sort of explodey-rainbow, and Adam uses either a light or dark wood tone. Dan used to use a lighter wood tone, but he either became part of Sarah or just diverged EXTREMELY into Sarah. For the person with a single tulpa, try having them attach some form of tag to thoughts that are just them and not you parroting, like their voice in their thoughts instead of whatever mentalvoice you sort-of think in.

Second, I make a sort of mental yes-no meter in my head, with Yes on one side and No on the other. The gauge points at the tulpa's response, staying in the middle or breaking to point at both when unsure or neutral. I used it to determine that Sarah and Dan are now the same entity, Adam is a different tulpa, Sarah is unsure that she can change between Sarah-form and Dan-form at will (Though I THINK yes, just not easily without me forcing a bit), and that I parrot a lot, but some responses are uniquely theirs.

Also, Sarah looks like Meiling from Touhou, except blonde and with a lighter green clothing style, occasionally shifting to a more Marisa-ish look. I have no idea how or why my mind thinks like that, but why not. Too much U.N. Owen Was Her, I guess. Adam has red hair, but beyond that and the fact he's a guy I haven't been able to determine in a way I can say: He sort of looks like an animation character. Imposition will be a challenge, but we'll get to that AFTER I am reliably receiving responses from them when I'm not actively inquiring of them things.

Edited by The Weapon
  • Brohoof 2

Gah! everyone is so far ahead with their tulpae, from simple speaking to the more complex visualization, makes me feel a bit behind with just having heard 3 words only, but it's good to see everyone is doing so well, also i was wondering for people who actually have communication down, after the first words or sentences how long did it take for full on conversation?

• Brohoof 1

Gah! everyone is so far ahead with their tulpae, from simple speaking to the more complex visualization, makes me feel a bit behind with just having heard 3 words only, but it's good to see everyone is doing so well, also i was wondering for people who actually have communication down, after the first words or sentences how long did it take for full on conversation?

It's a gradual process for me, so far. I'm pretty sure that Adam and Sarah have been interacting regularly, judging by the fact they've interrupted each other at least once and had conflicting opinions on something...

So I've decided to start in making a tulpa, and i have the basic plan that I'm going to go about it laid out, but I have trouble concentrating/relaxing. Any tips from you guys on how to relax or concentrate?

• Brohoof 1

So I've decided to start in making a tulpa, and i have the basic plan that I'm going to go about it laid out, but I have trouble concentrating/relaxing. Any tips from you guys on how to relax or concentrate?

My mind is scrambled, and i thought i would have real problems when forcing.

I didn't have any issues whatsoever. Its kind of like daydreaming for me.

Hnnng, my heart! That is such a good idea. I'm definitely gonna steal some of those. I always found it difficult to concentrate on Pinkie when I'm doing something like surfing the internet or playing games. But I can just hug her instead! :D

Plus, having your arm in what, for me, would be an awkward position were she not there (although it still LOOKS normal, it just feels kind of odd unless I'm doing it for a reason) helps remind you to talk to her. Because you're pretty much constantly reminded.

You're not behind, bud. It's a personal experience. Take your time. The only people you need to be concerned about are your tulpa and you. Make yourselves comfortable, because you're both going to be here for awhile. ;)

When Pinkie first started talking, it was a slow but steady progression. It started with emotions, became single words, or a small phrase here or there. Just something small in passing.

Yes. No. Maybe. I agree. What? Over there.

But it slowly turned into something more, probably over the course of a few months? I mean, she was always improving, so I can't remember how long it took to get to full sentences, and honestly, I never stopped to think about it that way. That's one of the things I fear having steps to tulpa creation and estimated times makes people think about too much.

Just don't stress over it, too much. She'll start talking. I know as well as you do that she will. It's just gonna take as long as it takes. Stay with her. It'll come. :)

While I think LightRaider has a point, it might not be so easy for everyone. Your best bet would be to just try it, and see what you think. See how it goes.

If you feel you need more focus, you could try to read a guide to meditation. The same thing applies. Self-control. Controlled breathing. Controlled mind. Quiet mind.

http://upgradedme.com/2012/11/08/my-quick-and-dirty-guide-to-meditation/ ;)

• Brohoof 1

I know that Tulpa's mature as they get older, but I am wondering how far will this go?

Also how do you tell if your Tulpa has changed something within their personality?

• Brohoof 1

I know that Tulpa's mature as they get older, but I am wondering how far will this go?

Also how do you tell if your Tulpa has changed something within their personality?

The same way you'd know if your friend who is notorious for really liking pizza came up to you one day and said, "I don't think I'll have pizza today. I'm not in the mood."

You're going to spend so much time with your tulpa, you'll know them pretty much inside and out. You'll notice if they change, trust me. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well, my tulpae certainly like diverging from plans into their unique selves. Good for them!

Sarah/Dan now looks like Marisa Kirisame from Touhou, and renamed herself Alicia. Adam looks the same as usual (Thankfully) and seems to want to change his name, but questions were inconclusive. Adam went subconscious-exploring this morning, but it was only an offhand response from Alicia.

I've been doing some attempts at preparing for imposition later, such as figuring out where they'd be in reality. For example, Adam is sitting in the empty chair next to me while Alicia stands behind him. I think Alicia just ruffled Adam's hair. My tulpae really interact with each other. :D

• Brohoof 1

All tulpa forcing processes have been halted. Same goes for Lucid dreaming. Lack of time to work on such endeavors has become a major issue. I need to focus on schoolwork and other things of 'more importance'. Im not saying tulpas are not important, I am happy for those of you who have one and are happy, however it just cant be a priority for me anymore. Not to mention That I have had minimal progress with the work I have put in thus far.

I may or may not pick this up again. Perhaps in the summer or something. I just really need to get my priorities right. Im going through a rough spot in my life right now, and it doesn't quite seem that things are going my way, so until I fix the situation, I dont get to have anything nice for myself.

I shall see you guys elsewhere on the forums, and hopefully sometime on this thread in the future

• Brohoof 1