Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread How are you feeling?

Rift enchanted

Shocked. A house on the corner in the next neighborhood finally finished renovating and listed the house for $1,079,000!!!!

Sure I live in California where the overall cost of living is higher, but I don't live in any of the especially expensive cities and it's still getting much more expensive to live here in general. Some single people around here are paying close or around $1,000+ just to live in a crowded house/apartment with other people. That's before and not including a parking space, utilities, taxes, etc. (everyone I know or have ever met here, basically lives with someone else. I don't know of anyone who can afford to live by themselves, much less in a good location).

That house here used to be listed below $300,000 before renovations years ago, but this gradual increase alarms me so much.

This is a small house on the corner of the street with lots of traffic in general and they are listing all the "Expensive" renovations and describing the house as "spacious" and "Spanish inspired"!

Imagine buying a million dollar home that removed most of the walls to create the illusion of space to only have 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom?! These companies have gone way too out of hand with purchasing up properties around here. I think I have to consider moving out to the midwest or east once I figure out a new situation in the year. Wow.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
editing the editing the editing
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Azure Down said:

Reminder you can literally buy a well maintained european castle for that price.

Europe might be an option to consider or maybe even Canada. 

16 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm honestly feeling like users on MLPF don't like it anymore when I post my comics and stuff.☹️

You post comics and stuff, where? Show meeeeee

• Brohoof 1

Rural areas in canada still have somewhat reasonable prices, but not really. You can put 800k on a moldy house that is falling apart because it's close to a mall...

11 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

1 minute ago, Azure Down said:

Rural areas in canada still have somewhat reasonable prices, but not really. You can put 800k on a moldy house that is falling apart because it's close to a mall...

Yeah I would figure, the house that I mentioned earlier is a block away from a large freeway too. 

I heard that the Canadian housing market has been seeing some similarities to the US too. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little tired from work, but I'm doing pretty good.

I was a little stressed out from some employees at my job today. When I got to second break, a message a friend sent me made me smile, laugh and made me feel better. :coco:

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

I miss my dog Freya... She passed away in 2018 after 13 years living with me. If it wasn't for her, I will not be alive now.

Sometimes I dream about her, but she always have to return to someplace before I wake up. When that happens, I wake up feeling great.

If I think about her, I cry (even with antidepressants) and I think what's going to happen to me in the future. If i'm so bad for a dog, as far as I know, the shock of one of my parents dying can "start" a schizophrenic outbreak.

• Hugs 3

14 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I might be able to comment for the UK, castle, not a chance, house in a city, yup $1,000,000 or close equiv., out in the sticks, a nicer bigger house maybe with decent sized grounds too. And then it depends which county ('shire') you're in - some are more expensive than others. Any attractive seaside town (aka tourist trap), massively expensive, anything old and twee, likewise.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Tropical Melody said:

I might be able to comment for the UK, castle, not a chance, house in a city, yup $1,000,000 or close equiv., out in the sticks, a nicer bigger house maybe with decent sized grounds too. And then it depends which county ('shire') you're in - some are more expensive than others. Any attractive seaside town (aka tourist trap), massively expensive, anything old and twee, likewise.

Have you thought about Spain? If you have an online job and can work anywhere. Barcelona is now very expensive, but there's a lot of minor cities that are more cheaper. And public healthcare is great and free universal (on3 of the best in the world). If wasn't for my public Doctor and all the "wise councill" formed by Psicologysts and Psychiatrists, social Workers...  I would be dead. Except Dentists, all healthcare is free. 

Food is great. There's culture everywhere. You have the "Typical" Flamenco Friendly Hot South or the more culturally diverse North, from the atlantic celtic green coast to the mediterranean north east near Barcelona Where I live.

.... The only problem is language barrier (Can be a bit difficult to speak spanish for english Speakers) and how to find a Job.

Italy, France and Spain is like the "Trinity" of europe. Good food, friendly culture, music, history... 

Edited by Arrlong28
Mistakes
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Arrlong28 said:

Have you thought about Spain? If you have an online job and can work anywhere. Barcelona is now very expensive, but there's a lot of minor cities that are more cheaper. And public healthcare is great and free universal (on3 of the best in the world). If wasn't for my public Doctor and all the "wise councill" formed by Psicologysts and Psychiatrists, social Workers...  I would be dead. Except Dentists, all healthcare is free. 

Food is great. There's culture everywhere. You have the "Typical" Flamenco Friendly Hot South or the more culturally diverse North, from the atlantic celtic green coast to the mediterranean north east near Barcelona Where I live.

.... The only problem is language barrier (Can be a bit difficult to speak spanish for english Speakers) and how to find a Job.

Italy, France and Spain is like the "Trinity" of europe. Good food, friendly culture, music, history... 

Hmmm I already speak Spanish as my family is from central America, but I heard some negative stories about the culture/laws in Spain so that's a maybe for me.

I have started learning some French on the side recently as I always was interested by the language and country. That and I considered moving to Canada before, but realized they are facing the same issue. Going to France itself would be interesting, but I don't know anybody in Europe. It would be fun to consider.

• Brohoof 1