Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you rate the awesomeness of Tempest Shadow?

DivineMist1000

• 3 weeks later...

5/5 on the awesomeness scale in my opinion. She is intimidating, badass, and Emily Blunt was the best choice for her voice. She reminds me a lot of my OC.

C1130A9A-FC29-496C-ADE6-E0C9F4AF06D3.gif

• Brohoof 1

8.5/10

she’s an awesome Character with the perfect voice actor for her appearance and mindset, but because she’s only been in one movie and nothing else I feel like she hasn’t had enough character development for a perfect score.

• Brohoof 1

I think if they'd focused more on her redemption, and eventually acceptance of herself, she'd have been even better. As it were, she was a good character, flawed, dark, but well explained (more or less). I liked how dark it go, that she had physical and emotional scars, and this in turn resulted in the up-ending of Equestria. I was glad to see her appearance in The Last Problem, but would have been happier had she been speaking at all.

Designwise, from an aesthetic point, she's as colorful as a pony is expected to be while being as dark as the character's background suggests.

Yeah, I like her.

5 minutes ago, flutterJackdash said:

I think if they'd focused more on her redemption, and eventually acceptance of herself, she'd have been even better

I think it would be hard to bring something new to the table there. We have already had the redemption arcs of Starlight and Sunset (and to a lesser extent, Discord). While it would be great for her own character development of course, we really didn't get to see her at all in FiM - a brief shot in the finale, and that's about it.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I think it would be hard to bring something new to the table there. We have already had the redemption arcs of Starlight and Sunset (and to a lesser extent, Discord). While it would be great for her own character development of course, we really didn't get to see her at all in FiM - a brief shot in the finale, and that's about it.

You're right, she might have done well in a spin-off for herself though. Since she parted ways to journey and all that, there was a foundation already set up. The comics did take advantage briefly.

8 minutes ago, flutterJackdash said:

You're right, she might have done well in a spin-off for herself though. Since she parted ways to journey and all that, there was a foundation already set up. The comics did take advantage briefly.

Comics DO seem to be working on that though. Plus this frown is Dashie-level epic :)

1075671704_EpicFrown.png.3154eb7f11b21e1424dc3d547710db12.png

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Comics DO seem to be working on that though. Plus this frown is Dashie-level epic :)

1075671704_EpicFrown.png.3154eb7f11b21e1424dc3d547710db12.png

Yup, epic frown, and leather suit. Scar across eye, busted horn. Hallmark badass surrounded by happy frilly girly ponies!

• 6 months later...