Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Twilight hadn't become an Alicorn, what would have she looked like in the future?

FirePuppy

I don't see any reason why she wouldn't age like the others. The other unicorns (including the similarly powerful Starlight) aged just like the Earth ponies and pegasi – I doubt Twilight would be any different in that regard.

• Brohoof 6

It's a somewhat interesting thing to speculate, so I assume we'll get a lot more art of this in the years to come. She'd probably have the same traits as her friends... messier hair, possibly some gray streaks, bags under eyes. I mean if she weren't an alicorn, she wouldn't be immortal. I wonder if she would have gotten married. 

2 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

It's a somewhat interesting thing to speculate, so I assume we'll get a lot more art of this in the years to come. She'd probably have the same traits as her friends... messier hair, possibly some gray streaks, bags under eyes. I mean if she weren't an alicorn, she wouldn't be immortal. I wonder if she would have gotten married. 

We don't know she didn't get married. Though certain possible candidates (like Sunburst) can probably be ruled out.

6 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

We don't know she didn't get married. Though certain possible candidates (like Sunburst) can probably be ruled out.

Fair enough, I guess... the show didn't hint at anything for Twilight or Rarity, though, so it makes you wonder. I'm actually kinda surprised that it didn't suggest who Rarity's spouse might be, because she's the only pony to show romantic interest in anyone before that point, excepting Twilight in Equestria Girls. 

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

Fair enough, I guess... the show didn't hint at anything for Twilight or Rarity, though, so it makes you wonder. I'm actually kinda surprised that it didn't suggest who Rarity's spouse might be, because she's the only pony to show romantic interest in anyone before that point, excepting Twilight in Equestria Girls. 

Not giving a hint can be a blank slate as much as a hint at nothing.

Just now, Latecomer said:

Not giving a hint can be a blank slate as much as a hint at nothing.

I guess so but the whole point of that stuff was to show where their lives went in the future. Then again I guess we didn't get all of the details for anyone. 

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

I guess so but the whole point of that stuff was to show where their lives went in the future. Then again I guess we didn't get all of the details for anyone. 

It was a deliberate balance between tell-all and tell-nothing.

Her features would be similar to the rest of the Mane 6, as she would age the same way. I don't see why it would be otherwise.

• Brohoof 1