Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something Small I Noticed

chaosprincess

Hello everybody

I know this is such a small thing, but I can't help, but notice how generation 1 Meghan kind of looks like a human Applejack and she has a brother plus sister that live on a ranch with no parents around.

150?cb=20140111125500

And yes I know people may have noticed this waaaaay before me and yes I know generation 4 took inspiration from the older generations I just simply figured why not make a thread on it just because. :)

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 5

That is very likely? I don't know how much influence was taken from the classic generations, don't really know it's history but seems very likely. Also the colouring of the shirt and hair are nearly identical

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Eniac said:

That is very likely? I don't know how much influence was taken from the classic generations, don't really know it's history but seems very likely. Also the colouring of the shirt and hair are nearly identical

Before production of generation 4 started everybody watched Rescue from Midnight Castle from generation 1 and from there they also added things from earlier generations so a lot of inspiration for gen 4 came from the original gens.

And I agree those things do look identical Applejack as a character never really changed through the generations except gen 3 her design changed then they went with the original gen 1 design for gen 4 Applejack.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I heard Lauren Faust never watched G1. But if they watched some of it as part of production prep, this makes sense (might have got the "Rainbow of Light" and "night that Never ends" ideas from there too)... is there some proof of this? 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

I heard Lauren Faust never watched G1. But if they watched some of it as part of production prep, this makes sense (might have got the "Rainbow of Light" and "night that Never ends" ideas from there too)... is there some proof of this? 

Lauren Faust grew up and collected  gen 1, but nothing saying if she watched it or not so uncertain with that, but when it comes to gen 4 the producers/creators all had to watch Rescue at Midnight Castle before starting production so a lot of inspiration came from the earlier gens so It;s not surprising some characters have similarities to the older gens.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Lauren Faust grew up and collected  gen 1, but nothing saying if she watched it or not so uncertain with that, but when it comes to gen 4 the producers/creators all had to watch Rescue at Midnight Castle before starting production so a lot of inspiration came from the earlier gens so It;s not surprising some characters have similarities to the older gens.

It wouldn't surprise me if she went through the design documents of the earlier gens as part of making up FIM. She has said she based Rainbow Dash off Firefly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she went through the design documents of the earlier gens as part of making up FIM. She has said she based Rainbow Dash off Firefly.

Rainbow Dash was originally going to be Firefly,, she originally wanted the mane 6 to be designed off of some of the gen 1 characters but they didn't have the rights to some of those characters and so they decided to take the designs from gen 3 they did end up getting the rights, but the characters were already designed and released except for Applejack her design was taking from gen 1.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Rainbow Dash was originally going to be Firefly,, she originally wanted the mane 6 to be designed off of some of the gen 1 characters but they didn't have the rights to some of those characters and so they decided to take the designs from gen 3 they did end up getting the rights, but the characters were already designed and released except for Applejack her design was taking from gen 1.

Yea, how could Hasbro lose the design of Gen 1 to someone else? That's odd to me. Isn't it Hasbro's property, or at least copyright?

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Yea, how could Hasbro lose the design of Gen 1 to someone else? That's odd to me. Isn't it Hasbro's property, or at least copyright?

Hasbro sold the molds so they lost rights to the characters due to it and didn't have the money to get the rights back.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Hasbro sold the molds so they lost rights to the characters due to it and didn't have the money to get the rights back.

Hasbro never ceases to amaze me with their talent! :dry:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Super Splashee said:

Hasbro never ceases to amaze me with their talent! :dry:

Now Hasbro has no real problems with money they own a lot of things almost like Disney they are taking over. :sealed:

(edited)

I seem to have heard from somewhere that Disney took the copyright for the tales ponies as well. As for the staff watching Rescue Midnight Castle It may have been from a video that I watched or something that I read but if I find it I will share it below. Which they did take a lot of characters and other things from Gen 1. Gen 4 The Ticket Master and "And The Winner Is" share a lot similarities. Not to mention I have a seen a few past gen ponies make small cameos along with Moondancer being a side character is kinda proof enough to me to see that Gen 4 does take a good bit from past gens.

That talks about Hasbro using past gens to design the mane 6

Edited by AriaTheLovely

12 hours ago, AriaTheLovely said:

I seem to have heard from somewhere that Disney took the copyright for the tales ponies as well. As for the staff watching Rescue Midnight Castle It may have been from a video that I watched or something that I read but if I find it I will share it below. Which they did take a lot of characters and other things from Gen 1. Gen 4 The Ticket Master and "And The Winner Is" share a lot similarities. Not to mention I have a seen a few past gen ponies make small cameos along with Moondancer being a side character is kinda proof enough to me to see that Gen 4 does take a good bit from past gens.

That talks about Hasbro using past gens to design the mane 6

Thank you for offering some information on the subject Aria. :oh_golly:

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, chaosprincess said:

Thank you for offering some information on the subject Aria. :oh_golly:

Those 107 videos are such click baits

• 2 months later...