Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would Applejack's parents say about her friends?

ggg-2

Sadly, neither Bright Mac nor Buttercup lived to see Applejack make her friends. What would they say about them? (for the sake of this, i'm including the likes of Discord, Starlight, the Equal Ponies, Sunburst and yes even the Royal Family among others.)

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Jane said:

Excuse me, but I doubt that Big Mac or Applejack haven't made friends in their childhood.

I think you've misunderstood what the OP was trying to say. 

They just wanted to know how their parents would view Applejack's friendships with her friends.  It's not about the idea that AJ or Big Mac made friends.

21 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Sadly, neither Bright Mac nor Buttercup lived to see Applejack make her friends. What would they say about them? (for the sake of this, i'm including the likes of Discord, Starlight, the Equal Ponies, Sunburst and yes even the Royal Family among others.)

They always struck me as optimistic despite everything against them, so I would guess they would be positive about Applejack's friendships with her friends. I can't really say much on the individual friendships.

3 hours ago, Jane said:

Excuse me, but I doubt that Big Mac or Applejack haven't made friends in their childhood.

They didn't have time, they had to work as fillies, to make the economy go around. They had to grew up fast to make up for the loss of their family.

I never thought about this until you brought it up. Now I am wondering who was Applejack's first friend....? Was it Twilight or Rainbow Dash?

(Big Mac and Applejack was friends of course, but that doesn't count)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

"Well aren't they an' interesvin lot!", "Who'd have thought our kid would be friends with roaulti?" Or simialar things.  

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

They didn't have time, they had to work as fillies, to make the economy go around. They had to grew up fast to make up for the loss of their family.

I never thought about this until you brought it up. Now I am wondering who was Applejack's first friend....? Was it Twilight or Rainbow Dash?

(Big Mac and Applejack was friends of course, but that doesn't count)

Applejack seemed to know Rainbow Dash and Pinkie quite well before Twilight even appeared on the scene. I would guess her first friend would have been someone she met in primary school in Ponyville, so either Pinkie or Rarity (since we know that Rainbow and Fluttershy went to flight school in Cloudsdale).

Her oldest confirmed friend is none other than Rara ^_^, who met each other at Camp Friendship when they were teens. 

4 hours ago, 💛Princess of Hearts💙 said:

Her oldest confirmed friend is none other than Rara ^_^, who met each other at Camp Friendship when they were teens. 

I forgot about that one!

I just thought Twilight was the one who brought them all together so they could become friends. What job was Twilight's exactly? To go to Ponyville to understand friendship? I guess that's Princess of Friendship worthy?

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I forgot about that one!

I just thought Twilight was the one who brought them all together so they could become friends. What job was Twilight's exactly? To go to Ponyville to understand friendship? I guess that's Princess of Friendship worthy?

She brought them together, but they may have been friends before. Just not as close as when Twilight brought them together.

Celestia said it herself "In Ponyville there was a special group of fillies" (words to that effect). For her to associate them as a group, she must have known that they already had a friendship together. So the others were friends before Twilight even turned up.

28 minutes ago, 💛Princess of Hearts💙 said:

She brought them together, but they may have been friends before. Just not as close as when Twilight brought them together.

Celestia said it herself "In Ponyville there was a special group of fillies" (words to that effect). For her to associate them as a group, she must have known that they already had a friendship together. So the others were friends before Twilight even turned up.

Seems ot contradict a lot of thier behaviour in Season 1, though. I'd sau she's mixing up past and present.

I think that Applejack’s parents would have adored Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. I’m sure they would have seen them as great friends.