Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Futures for EQG characters

Latecomer

Sooner or later, Sunset and her friends will graduate high school. What's next for them after that? Were will they be in ten years? And what of everyone else, from Spike to the Dazzlings?

• Brohoof 1

They'll just have a happy ever after. The end 

Honestly I think their lives just go like a normal humans would. Uni, then have a family, work and so on.

No magic tho, I think that if there was a finale to EQG, it would have shown the two worlds (pony and human) being sealed from each other, so magic can no longer seep into the human world. The girls would then have no need to use magic, so would eventually stop using it. But the magic of friendship would bind them together for the rest of their lives 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Latecomer said:

Sooner or later, Sunset and her friends will graduate high school.

I thought the same question about The Simpsons. Soon Bart will be a teenager, etc.

I think they are forever stuck in a magic loop, in that universe. They will never change.

4 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I thought the same question about The Simpsons. Soon Bart will be a teenager, etc.

I think they are forever stuck in a magic loop, in that universe. They will never change.

If the loop is sustaned bi the camera, then it should break now.

5 hours ago, Princess of Hearts 💛🧡 said:

No magic tho, I think that if there was a finale to EQG, it would have shown the two worlds (pony and human) being sealed from each other, so magic can no longer seep into the human world. The girls would then have no need to use magic, so would eventually stop using it. But the magic of friendship would bind them together for the rest of their lives 

An interesting possibility. Of course, iv could go the other way too... but that's more for the finale thread I made.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Latecomer said:

If the loop is sustaned bi the camera, then it should break now.

Wha? :confused:

What do you mean?

26 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Wha? :confused:

What do you mean?

If the problem is that they won't grow up as long as people are watching them, well no-ones watching anymore. So there's nothing to stop thme graduating.

(edited)

I figure Twilight and Sunset would both go to some prestigious university to study science. Twilight will become a teacher, Sunset might work in research. Admittedly, Sunset became a little harder for me to understand as the series went on, but maybe she just has a bunch of hobbies. I think she would briefly be tempted to return to Equestria, but would stay in the human world unless dire circumstances forced her to leave. 

Rainbow will get a sports scholarship somewhere and then move on to the big leagues.

Applejack will stay home and work on the farm. Not sure if she'll even pursue higher education. 

I can imagine Fluttershy studying to be a vet. I imagine her leaving for school and then returning to her hometown afterwards, but then again, that's not what happened in Friendship is Magic so who knows. Alternatively she gets a biology degree and works at a zoo or maybe a national park. 

I feel confident that Rarity and Pinkie Pie will move out to pursue education relevant to their career plans, but I'm not exactly sure what one does to become a dressmaker or a baker. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

5 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I figure Twilight and Sunset would both go to some prestigious university to study science. Twilight will become a teacher, Sunset might work in research. Admittedly, Sunset became a little harder for me to understand as the series went on, but maybe she just has a bunch of hobbies. I think she would briefly be tempted to return to Equestria, but would stay in the human world unless dire circumstances forced her to leave. 

Rainbow will get a sports scholarship somewhere and then move on to the big leagues.

Applejack will stay home and work on the farm. Not sure if she'll even pursue higher education. 

I can imagine Fluttershy studying to be a vet. I imagine her leaving for school and then returning to her hometown afterwards, but then again, that's not what happened in Friendship is Magic so who knows. Alternatively she gets a biology degree and works at a zoo or maybe a national park. 

I feel confident that Rarity and Pinkie Pie will move out to pursue education relevant to their career plans, but I'm not exactly sure what one does to become a dressmaker or a baker. 

think there are probably vocational courses for dressmaking and partu planning, and if not a general business course will help. Assuming Pinkie doesn't do something random and become a cop or TV presenter or something.

And I would probably reverse the first two outcomes - SciTwilight seems very aimed at research, while Sunset entering the field of education would be fitting IMO. It could even bring her full circle, to inherit from this world's Celestia rather the other as she had once planned... Well, ,unless her origin comes out, in which case things might be more complicated.

9 hours ago, Latecomer said:

Assuming Pinkie doesn't do something random and become a cop or TV presenter or something.

And I would probably reverse the first two outcomes - SciTwilight seems very aimed at research, while Sunset entering the field of education would be fitting IMO.

With Pinkie and Twilight I'm extrapolating from Friendship is Magic a bit. The pony Pinkie seems to have apprenticed to the Cakes, and it seems likely that something similar would happen here. Meanwhile, though she does do a lot of robotics work at home, SciTwi seems just as excited by education as the pony Twilight, so it's easy to imagine her teaching. Season 1 Twilight also seemed more studious and research-focused. 

It could even bring her full circle, to inherit from this world's Celestia rather the other as she had once planned...

I dunno, it seems to me that she has made such a clean break from her past that the show was reluctant to even bring it up after a certain point. Even when she reunited with Celestia it was a quick scene that served a "more important" purpose. But I also find Sunset's characterization hard to pin down, so sure, why not. 

1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

With Pinkie and Twilight I'm extrapolating from Friendship is Magic a bit. The pony Pinkie seems to have apprenticed to the Cakes, and it seems likely that something similar would happen here. Meanwhile, though she does do a lot of robotics work at home, SciTwi seems just as excited by education as the pony Twilight, so it's easy to imagine her teaching. Season 1 Twilight also seemed more studious and research-focused. 

I dunno, it seems to me that she has made such a clean break from her past that the show was reluctant to even bring it up after a certain point. Even when she reunited with Celestia it was a quick scene that served a "more important" purpose. But I also find Sunset's characterization hard to pin down, so sure, why not. 

Is human Pinkie interested enough in baking that she would make a career of iv, though? Seems like she'd more likely be a professional event organiser.

I can see pony Kwilight (who has more self-confidence) as a teacher easier than SciTwi, but it's not impossible. And it just feels right to me that Sunset ends up as the principal of Canterlot High.  

Unless the portal is closed for good, the girls will continue to fight against various forms of Equestrian magic as they go on to college/university. In other words, expect more of the same thing except for a large increase in stress. This happens a lot when in post-secondary on account of wanting to get the necessary education to fulfill ones needs of getting that one dream job they seek. If the portal is closed, they'll just have ordinary lives though Sunset would be in a very awkward position given her origins.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Latecomer said:

Is human Pinkie interested enough in baking that she would make a career of iv, though? Seems like she'd more likely be a professional event organiser.

We don't know much about her at all, really; I just don't like imagining these characters being too different from their pony counterparts for no good reason. There is some evidence in that she made that one baking video in season 2 of the short series. 

I can see pony Twilight (who has more self-confidence) as a teacher easier than SciTwi, but it's not impossible.

Pony Twilight became much more extroverted over time, though it's true that SciTwi didn't seem as heavily inclined towards leadership. But if they're fundamentally the same character I find it hard to imagine that SciTwi won't at some point become more proactive. If anything, there's already some evidence of that in the short series.

And it just feels right to me that Sunset ends up as the principal of Canterlot High.

Who knows, there's a billion things she could do. It's not like she has any clear direction in life beyond existing at that high school. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

I think Sunset should go back to Equestria, I just don't see her staying there after graduation. Being a principal is not something that fits her character, if we assume that she is 18 (obviously older in pony) it would take a long period of time for her to run a school (about 20 years or more) ), also Celestia and Luna retiring to leave their position to a student ?, That would be uncomfortable, generally the Principals of schools are teachers who have been teaching for decades (or at least where I live) and that simply does not fit with Sunset. She is also not interested in science like Sci-Twi, and I don't think she wants to go to a university.

We don't know much about her at all, really; I just don't like imagining these characters being too different from their pony counterparts for no good reason.

Different upbringing is a reason, or just different options.  I don't know if pony Pinkie could manage as a pure event organiser in Ponyville - even if she could, ,she has a close relationship with the Cakes. But from the perspective of the human one, there are a lot of possibilites.

Who knows, there's a billion things she could do. It's not like she has any clear direction in life beyond existing at that high school. 

Hence me seeing her future as wound up with it too.

2 hours ago, Latecomer said:

Different upbringing is a reason, or just different options.  I don't know if pony Pinkie could manage as a pure event organiser in Ponyville - even if she could, ,she has a close relationship with the Cakes. But from the perspective of the human one, there are a lot of possibilites.

What I mean is that I want the characters to be as similar as they can be, and I generally prefer differences to come from the nature of this setting rather than arbitrary changes to characters' pasts. SciTwi annoys me for this reason.

Still, that has more to do with personality than career path. It makes sense for Pinkie to become an event planner or, I dunno, a kids' show host rather than a baker. But I would argue that we don't know why pony Pinkie chose to apprentice with the Cakes, how she met them, or what options were open to her before that. Maybe she just liked baking and wanted to be a baker, and in that case, I don't think it's far-fetched to assume her human counterpart is the same. 

7 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

What I mean is that I want the characters to be as similar as they can be, and I generally prefer differences to come from the nature of this setting rather than arbitrary changes to characters' pasts. SciTwi annoys me for this reason.

Still, that has more to do with personality than career path. It makes sense for Pinkie to become an event planner or, I dunno, a kids' show host rather than a baker. But I would argue that we don't know why pony Pinkie chose to apprentice with the Cakes, how she met them, or what options were open to her before that. Maybe she just liked baking and wanted to be a baker, and in that case, I don't think it's far-fetched to assume her human counterpart is the same. 

But a lot of the difference is from backgrounds. Pinkie just liking baking isn't impossible, but I think there's somethig more between the ponu one and the Cakes, and iv probably relates to how she came to Ponyville quite young from the middle of nowhere. 

And there's' liverallu a world of difference between being Celestia's personal student and attending Cristal Prep.

(edited)

I mean, if u are talking about after EQG graduation , i think the only thing left is doubt and speculation. If they do an ending special / comic , i think it would be enough to show us the mane 7 arc/ stories closing and opening new chapters in their life. Probably Sci twi goes to a prestigous kinda ivy league university , with sunset following her , RD going for a sports career in some team , and rarity going to paris/europe , while the other 3 stay. However, i dont think we should get a "the last problem" epilogue with our characters fates. As for other things , i can see sunset finally deciding to say in human world , leaving all roots of equestria behind , and some kind of closure between sunset/flash or sci twi/timber .

Other futures 4 some characters : The principals / teachers would keep teaching , many students will leave / stay, trixie would pursue a magical career (or entertainmet career as magic isnt real lul)

Edited by SunsetShimmerisBae

38 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

But a lot of the difference is from backgrounds. Pinkie just liking baking isn't impossible, but I think there's somethig more between the ponu one and the Cakes, and iv probably relates to how she came to Ponyville quite young from the middle of nowhere

We don't know. Maybe the fact that it was the Cakes who got her off the farm has to do with the fact that she likes baking. We never learned about that, and there is much about the human Pinkie's backstory that we don't know either. 

39 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

And there's' liverallu a world of difference between being Celestia's personal student and attending Cristal Prep.

Attending Crystal Prep could have affected Twilight in any number of ways, and besides, the culture at Crystal Prep could have been very different. But that whole argument is off-topic.