Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox Series S Reveal and Price

joanro

I was actually thinking about getting an xbox series s or x.  I don't really know the difference between the two though.  What's the difference?  Is it just performance things??  I kinda want to try getting back into console.

I might get a Series S at some point. For like $150 more than a Series X you could build a fairly competent gaming PC out of all brand-new parts (including Windows activation) which I'd rather have, so there's not much point in me getting that one. I might consider it if Microsoft ends up making Xbox Live free, though. That's the main reason I have so much trouble with consoles.

18 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Not that it really matters, but that design is hideous :yuck:

I actually though they looked pretty good. Much better than the PS5, at least.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

I was actually thinking about getting an xbox series s or x.  I don't really know the difference between the two though.  What's the difference?  Is it just performance things??  I kinda want to try getting back into console.

The major differences between the two are that the Series S has lower specs(supports 1440p instead of full 4K), the S is all-digital(no 4K blu-ray drive), and a smaller 512 GB SSD. It seems to support most of the other features the Series X has. I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, joanro said:

The major differences between the two are that the Series S has lower specs(supports 1440p instead of full 4K), the S is all-digital(no 4K blu-ray drive), and a smaller 512 GB SSD. It seems to support most of the other features the Series X has. I hope that helps.

Plenty helpful, thanks!!!  I'm just trying to decide which one I want to start saving up for.