Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Achievement systems.

CastletonSnob

I've only ever platinumed 2 games, FFVII and Transformers Devastation. Only other game I ever tried going after trophies was MGS2/3(Got really close). It's a neat feature, but I never cared too much for it and only ever use it for games I really like. Unless they add some neat incentive for them, I wouldn't lose sleep if they decided to get rid of them

I personally love achievement systems, more specifically Xbox achievements themselves over the Playstation trophies. For me, achievements aren't a scale of someone's "awesomeness", I love them because 1. They are something to go towards in any game and 2. I love that they are essentially markers of time, memories. I can look back at my game list on Xbox and see when I got certain achievements in certain games and it can instantly bring me back to that time. This is why I really wish Nintendo had some kind of equivalent for the Switch, simply for those memories.

• Brohoof 2

Personally I love it, the playstation one more so then xbox or on steam. Would be awesome if the switch had something similar then again not having it can somewhat add to the gameplay of playing it as you would yourself. Often I try to achieve every trophy and some of the time more so in RPGs you have to play the game a certain way. Which doesnt bother me but well having trophies really brings you a sense of both nostalgia but also this feeling of accomplishment I feel completely content with putting said game up on the shelf to speak knowing I completed it 100% that and the trophies on it.

• Brohoof 1

I’m indifferent. Some of them can be really insane to do, and they are not tangible enough of a reward to investing in them. I at most clear some for fun, but I don’t get out of my way to do so either