Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

first episode you watched and why you became a brony/pegasister

thelonebrony

so yeah like the titles say's How did you become a brony/pegasister and what was the first episode you watched, what did you think about it?

my first episode was "read it and weep" S2 Ep16, during the whole thing I was thinking about what I would say and do in every situation and giving side comments the whole time, I thought it was pretty neat.

I became a brony mainly out of curiosity, you see I have an account for the website FunnyJunk and for a while there were a lot of pony posts so I wondered what the whole hype was about, and plus I wanted to understand what they meant. so as explained I got on youtube and searched the episode out of random.

and now I'm a brony. :D

• Brohoof 1

Prior to discovering the show, I had never even heard of a 'brony', and I had no idea of it's massive following. One day, I was bored on Netflix, looking for something to watch, and for whatever reason, I came across My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. When I started on the first episode, I did not at all expect to like it. In fact, the only reason I watched it is so I could go on Facebook and say "Ohh hoo hoo, I just watched My Little Pony, haha, I'm so silly" Or something along those lines. Instead what I wrote was, "I just watched My Little Pony... Surprisingly not bad.." From then on, my posts became more and more pro-pony. It eventually led me here, and I have never been happier.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

My first episode was ep.1 season 1. I Jokuc had just become a brony and said to me that i should watch a episode and so i did, he gave my the first five episodes and i watche and stuck for it. suddenly i was a part of this forum and have watched both season 1 & 2, and i still like it

First episode was Friendship is Magic parts 1 & 2 (can't start a series without watching the first episode). I watched it so that I could properly judge all the pony stuff everywhere (the catalyst was seeing the pony forum in the Yogscast forum). I almost quit, but I decided to watch Lesson Zero after that because everypony recommended it. Then I couldn't stop watching it and watched every single episode that had premiered at the time (Hearths Warming Eve).

My first episode was boast busters. I Only half-payed attention to it, because I was on the laptop, but it did spark my interest. Later, I saw ponies everywere on the internet, so I decided to watch the show from the beginning, and I fell in love with it.

my first episode was the first episode i really disliked the fact that i was enjoying a show that i thought was for girls.

The first episode I watched was Season 2 Episode 16, where Rainbow Dash sprains her wing and is forced to read in the hospital. Yup, not my favorite one, but I still really liked it.

I'll first go ahead and say I'm neither a pegasister or brony, I just say I'm a fan and avoid labels.

The first episode I saw was Ticket Master and I wasn't exactly pleased. It was something I had seen many times over my years of cartoon watching. After months of seeing so much hype over the show, I asked which episodes were best to watch. I wasn't exactly drawn in until I finally saw the Discord episodes. After that I watched them all from the very beginning. : ) The first two of each season and the finale of the 2nd would be the episodes I liked most.

Ah, and Hurricane Fluttershy because of the buff-ass steroid-filled pegasus with the tiny wings.

I watched the first episode, I was actually annoyed with people liking my little pony cause i did think it was for little girls and my brony friends kept telling me to watch it and i did and no it wasnt for little girls, it was like spongebob, some humor in there that shouldnt be in there, so then i watched more and then became a brony

Before I became a brony, I knew nothing of the show. I saw pony pictures here and there, but it was in it's infancy. One of my friends became really sick one week, and for some odd reason watched the entire show. His brothers and I teased him (nothing harsh, just light fun poking) about periodically.

To this day he has never watched Season 2, he stopped after the first. He thinks it's really odd that older guys like the show. I can see why, as his family was forced to watch the crappy generations of MLP for their little sister.

Anyway, for the longest time it kept nagging me (I'd seen one episode of a prior generation) why would a guy watch MLP? What the heck? So I thought,

I'll be hypocritical if I don't at least watch one episode. They've made fun of stuff I watch without trying it. So I won't be like that.

I decided to start with the first of the first season, as the first season was all that was out. I caught a bunch of little stuff I thought was cool, like Nightmare Moon's head in the hourglass, and I could really empathize with Twilight's "No time for friends" thing she had going on. Then the episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Now this entire time I had known that it was a show made for little girls to sell toys, so the fact that the story was good enough, and long enough, to warrant another episode impressed me. I convinced myself to finish the two-parter. Then I told myself, "I have to see what a normal episode is like." Of course, that was just an excuse to watch more. At that point I was hooked, and the rest is history.

Man I didn't mean to ramble on like that. Sorry.

I started getting interested in it when I saw the design of the Ponies. I liked how the animation looked and the characters were adorable.

It was my girlfriend talking about it that got me to watch it though. I watched the first 2 eps, then the Mare Do Well episode, then the rest in order for 2 days.

I was kinda hooked BEFORE I even watched it. AFTER I watched it I was totally and completely 100% hooked. it was semi-akward to think about at first, but after a couple days I didnt care anymore. Ponies were my new thing, and now everyone knows me for it. I just love it. The animation, the voice acting, the storylines, Pinkie Pie, everything. The fanbase is badass as well. I learned a lot from watching the show, but I learned even more from fan works.

I KNEW I was a brony once I realized I could name every character on this poster

Posted Image

PONIES RULE!

I started getting interested in it when I saw the design of the Ponies. I liked how the animation looked and the characters were adorable.

It was my girlfriend talking about it that got me to watch it though. I watched the first 2 eps, then the Mare Do Well episode, then the rest in order for 2 days.

I was kinda hooked BEFORE I even watched it. AFTER I watched it I was totally and completely 100% hooked. it was semi-akward to think about at first, but after a couple days I didnt care anymore. Ponies were my new thing, and now everyone knows me for it. I just love it. The animation, the voice acting, the storylines, Pinkie Pie, everything. The fanbase is badass as well. I learned a lot from watching the show, but I learned even more from fan works.

I KNEW I was a brony once I realized I could name every character on this poster

Posted Image

PONIES RULE!

Why no Discord in that picture? Couldn't they at least roll his statue to the picture? haha :)

Watched the first ever episode, liked it, got in an argument with my brother over the fact I liked, got grounded after throwing an organizer at him and yelling "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UP YOU ASS!" and started back with season 2 with Lesson Zero. Still have a lot of episodes in season 1 to watch thanks to how much of a jerk my brother is.

(edited)

First episode....hmm When I became a pegasister. That's a toughy...

Can't remember the first episode I watched the first time I watched it, but the second time I watched mlp it was Green Isn't Your Color.

No I stand corrected!

The 1st episode that got me back into Mlp was The Canterlot Wedding part 1. I saw a commercial of it while watching some lame cartoon network cartoon, so I decided to watch it. :)

Edited by RiuChan