Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Tips and tricks to improve my Art (WIP)

Aurelion Star

So I made a few adjustments from my last design.

But I'm still not satisfied with this , I need some advice in color combination with the mane and the body.

Here's Aurelion btw , what dya think guys.

I want ur honest opinions.

Cause for me , the color is not cool

Untitled21_20201125142845.png

• Brohoof 1

I think if you wanted to keep the colour theme, the mane and tail could be a darker colour?  But again, it's kinda hard to make that decision on a WIP.  Personally, I like designing ponies who's eye colour and a part of the mane/tail match up, so the golden eye's throwing me a bit off lol but that's just personal preference.  Is their magic aura golden?  Is that why you went with the golden eye?  That'd be really cool if you did!!

Also, I think there's something wrong with the perspective?  From the angle the pony's standing at, you'd see the back connecting with the shoulder that isn't visible, the neck and shoulder floof are fine the way they are but it's just a little detail that I noticed.  But again, I bet that's just personal preference?  Thinking about it more as I write this, it's probably just the shoulder floof covering that little part lol...  Speaking of little details, the eyelash wouldn't be as visible if the hair's supposedly over it, or were you trying to go for an anime style eye where the eye's still visible from behind a fringe or some other hair?

I do agree that there's just something about it that seems a little bit off but idk what in particular?  I don't really see much wrong with a brown and green pony though since my main oc is brown and green so I may be a bit biased lol...  Was there a particular theme you were trying to go for with this oc?

Beyond that, it's a great piece, I adore the shading and how soft it looks, also the tail looks like it's giving a thumbs down lol.

10 hours ago, Thuja said:

I think if you wanted to keep the colour theme, the mane and tail could be a darker colour?  But again, it's kinda hard to make that decision on a WIP.  Personally, I like designing ponies who's eye colour and a part of the mane/tail match up, so the golden eye's throwing me a bit off lol but that's just personal preference.  Is their magic aura golden?  Is that why you went with the golden eye?  That'd be really cool if you did!!

Also, I think there's something wrong with the perspective?  From the angle the pony's standing at, you'd see the back connecting with the shoulder that isn't visible, the neck and shoulder floof are fine the way they are but it's just a little detail that I noticed.  But again, I bet that's just personal preference?  Thinking about it more as I write this, it's probably just the shoulder floof covering that little part lol...  Speaking of little details, the eyelash wouldn't be as visible if the hair's supposedly over it, or were you trying to go for an anime style eye where the eye's still visible from behind a fringe or some other hair?

I do agree that there's just something about it that seems a little bit off but idk what in particular?  I don't really see much wrong with a brown and green pony though since my main oc is brown and green so I may be a bit biased lol...  Was there a particular theme you were trying to go for with this oc?

Beyond that, it's a great piece, I adore the shading and how soft it looks, also the tail looks like it's giving a thumbs down lol.

Woooooooah 

Thank you for pointing some stuff up, did not notice the weird hoof , I'll fix that. Should I remove that? And make everyone assume that the hoof is covered by the front hoof? Is that ok?

And the thumbs down tail , thank you!!!!!!

Did not notice that.

In regards with the magic aura. YES , It's the same color as his eyes. But the mane , I'm trying to do something about it.

I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again for the awesome critique 

8 hours ago, dusk.night said:

Woooooooah 

Thank you for pointing some stuff up, did not notice the weird hoof , I'll fix that. Should I remove that? And make everyone assume that the hoof is covered by the front hoof? Is that ok?

And the thumbs down tail , thank you!!!!!!

Did not notice that.

In regards with the magic aura. YES , It's the same color as his eyes. But the mane , I'm trying to do something about it.

I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again for the awesome critique 

Oh, the hooves are fine, I was just talking about the shoulder fluffy bits may or may not have been covering the body connecting with the neck on the opposite side of the body.  The way it's drawn now makes the spine look a bit more concave than it probably should be but that's just a really minor thing I noticed.

What other colour were you thinking about for the mane and tail?  Maybe while you can, you could try using different colours???