Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Netflix's "The Toys That Made Us" Series

BrawnyCharger

Which of the toy lines covered in "The Toys That Made Us" do/did you have?  

11 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these toy lines do you have toys from?

• Star Wars
    • Barbie
    • He Man and the Masters of the Universe
    • G.I. Joe
    • Star Trek
    • Transformers
    • Lego
    • Hello Kitty
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • Power Rangers
    • My Little Pony
    • Professional Wrestling

Considering it's Christmastime, I figured this would be a great opportunity to discuss the Netflix original documentary series "The Toys That Made Us". It covers the stories of the various toy franchises throughout it's ups and downs. I thought it was a fantastic series. The toys that are covered are Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, Transformers, Lego, Hello Kitty, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Professional Wrestling, and of course My Little Pony. 

What are your thoughts on the series? I also posted a poll asking which episode do/did you have toys from. You can select more than one. You can even post pictures of your collections if you want (sans MLP as there's a thread for that here.

Edited by BrawnyCharger

My favorite episodes were the Season 3 episodes focusing on TMNT, Power Rangers, MLP and Wrestling.

Of course I have an MLP collection, but I also have a few Power Rangers figures and WWF Hasbro figures.

IMG_0930.thumb.JPG.2b42a26969b6718b4376b29545a27666.JPG

Here's my Red Ranger figures from the Super Megaforce line. I have Mighty Morphin through Wild Force.

1606434_10152495818295000_2028253606548798333_o.thumb.jpg.891e0f9c2baa4dbd6aae64c69ccf8d34.jpg

Here's my SH Figuarts Armored Red Ranger figure.

IMG_0929.thumb.JPG.f2afcbbe3e42720825e8c58870d0d7d7.JPG

Here's my WWF Hasbro figures. I have the official ring and more hidden in my attic.

I’ve only watched the Star wars episode of the show but I liked it quite a lot. I have a sizable collection of Star Wars stuff and it occupies most of my apartment. I’m a Star Wars toy addict and I don’t deny it. I’ve posted pics on the forums before but I feel kind of sheepish about it so I don’t like to do it often.

I've watched:

• Professional Wrestling
  • My Little Pony
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Power Rangers
  • Lego (I think.)
  • Star Wars (I think.) 
Edited by Sparklefan1234

• 6 months later...