Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Rebuilding Equestria (1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and ExplosionMare)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@C. Thunder Dash

Global shuddered. She didn’t like the sound of that, but it wasn’t like she could do anything about it. She would just have to do what she could to keep a level head and keep everypony else stable.

“I understand, Your Highness,” she told the princess reluctantly. “All right, what’s my next task?”

@ExplosionMare

Pinkie decided to just lay on Global's back, still feeling very guilty about what she did. Her sniffles could be heard. "Now...lets go restore Fluttershy's place. Let's at least work a little at getting the sanctuary back in shape as well." Celestia's spirit said with a sigh. "Fluttershy's heart...is so broken right now. I just hope she hasn't cried herself unconscious..." Celestia's spirit added. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Global sighed a little guiltily as Pinkie rested on her back. It felt unfair to get upset about the pink mare’s mind invasion given how truly traumatized she was. She thought of petting her gently, but decided that might provoke something in Pinkie rather than calm her down. She focused instead on the next task she was given.

“C-cried herself unconscious? That can happen?” Global asked openly.

She fully expected Fluttershy to be broken like everypony else she encountered, but she did not expect the possibility of having to wake an unconscious soul up. Could she even do that? If so, how, and would there be any repercussions? Global wanted to ask these questions aloud, but decided to keep them to herself so she could focus on trotting down the road towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

@ExplosionMare

Pinkie looked up at Global, with an expression that said she wanted to be touched. She needed that reminder that there was someone there for her. Celestia's spirit sort of led Global towards Fluttershy's place. There was hardly a sound...but...a sob could be heard every now and then...

@C. Thunder Dash

As Global made her way to the cottage, Pinkie gave her a look that suggested she needed affection. With a warm smile, she rubbed Pinkie’s head to let her know that things were going to turn around for her soon. She had to keep both herself and the others hopeful. It was the only way the world was going to be rebuilt.

In the distance, a faint sobbing could be heard. Global’s ears twitched at the noise but could not find a source. She knew, however, that the sound had to be from Fluttershy. She thought about calling the pegasus’ name, but she didn’t want to startle the filly. Instead, she edged up to the cottage and looked around each corner. Surely Fluttershy would turn up soon.

@ExplosionMare

Pinkie leaned into the rubs with a faint smile and a sniffle. She hoped to just stay with Global for as long as they needed to rebuild Equestria. Another sob was heard. Fluttershy's spirit seemed to be what would've been a back corner of her cottage. 

@ExplosionMare

Fluttershy let out a loud squeak as her spirit zipped away to another corner, sobbing more. "Perhaps it is best to let Fluttershy's spirit come to us..." Celestia's spirit stated. "C-Celestia...i-i-is th-that...you?" Fluttershy's spirit asked. "Indeed it is." Celestia stated. "Wh-what happened? I-I'm so scared..." Fluttershy said, her spirit stirring. "I'm afraid Equestria must be...rebuilt..." That was all Celestia could say. She didn't want to say too much for Fluttershy's sake. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Global watched quietly as the exchange between Fluttershy and the princess occurred. She seemed to be handling the frightened pegasus well, but she knew she would have to step in at some point.

She took a few deep breaths through her nose, trying to make herself as quiet and as calm as possible. She bore a look that could only be described as motherly as she took a couple of steps forward. In a slightly louder whisper than last time, Global attempted to encourage Fluttershy to come out of hiding.

“Fluttershy, what we’re about to do won’t be easy, but trust me when I say it’s going to be worth it. Once we find your ashes and restore you, we need your help to find everypony else and rebuild what we can. Would you like to come out so we can help you find your ashes?”

@ExplosionMare

Fluttershy's spirit had sort of sensed where its ashes were and whizzed towards them, reforming into Fluttershy, who curled up in a ball, quivering and sobbing. "Remember, let her come to us..." Celestia's spirit reminded. Fluttershy slowly uncurled and her eyes fixed to Global. "Wh-wh-wh....who...who are you...?" She asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Fluttershy, thankfully, had found her own ashes in a matter of seconds. However, that did not stop the tears that streamed down her face. She was still as fearful and fragile as ever. Global’s throat tightened at the sight. She hated seeing ponies so broken like this. She stepped a little closer, not close enough to touch Fluttershy but close enough to where she could be heard more clearly. She knelt down and answered the question the mare was able to sputter out.

“I’m Global Gleam. I’m a te—I’m here to help restore Equestria,” she spoke.

@ExplosionMare

Fluttershy looked around. Seeing all of the destruction once more, Fluttershy started to sob again. Pinkie was there and sort of cuddled Fluttershy. Fluttershy hugged Pinkie tightly. Pinkie sniffled looking up at Global. Perhaps she was inviting her to cuddle...

@C. Thunder Dash

Global watched, unsure what to do as Fluttershy sobbed. Thankfully, Pinkie Pie trotted over and was able to comfort her. They hugged for a while, letting their grievances out. Global was just going to let them have their moment until she noticed Pinkie look up at her.

Trepidatiously, she joined them in the little huddle. She squeezed her way into the middle of the cuddle, putting an arm around both mares. She smiled warmly at them, letting them know she was here to help or to even talk if they wanted to.

@ExplosionMare

Fluttershy and Pinkie cuddled Global close, nuzzling her. Celestia's spirit watched. "As much as cuddles are comforting, we do have to keep moving..." She said. Pinkie and Fluttershy looked up still sniffling. Pinkie was first to get up, and then Fluttershy. 

@C. Thunder Dash

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy, I’ll help you find them,” she promised.

Pinkie appeared as if she wanted to ride on Global’s back. Even though she was a bit opposed since Pinkie’s a full grown pony, she understood that it would help her cope with what she was going through. She bent down slightly to allow Pinkie to hop on. Hopefully she wouldn’t hop on too forcefully.

@ExplosionMare

Pinkie slowly got on Global's back. "As important as...it is to...restore the spirits in Ponyville, let's take a detour to Canterlot to get...my ashes..." Celestia's spirit stated as Fluttershy sort of took the lead, heading towards the Ponyville/Canterlot border. The train station...or what was of it...lay in total ruin, the train itself was almost completely decimated. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Global’s face bore a look of concern as the princess stuttered. It was rather uncharacteristic of her. She supposed that not even the ruler of Equestria could hide what she was really feeling about the situation.

As her, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Celestia made their way towards the train station, Global put a pensive hoof to her chin. She was trying to think of a way to get to Canterlot now that the train station was reduced to rubble. If her motorcycle hadn’t been destroyed, she would use that to get around. She knew walking was an option, but she couldn’t rely on everypony’s stamina alone. She would have to think of something more creative.

“There has to be something here we could build with...Pinkie, Fluttershy, could you help me look around for things we could use to build a wagon?” she asked the mares.

@ExplosionMare

Celestia's spirit sighed. "I'm sorry Global, but time isn't on our side...we will have to walk for now..." She said. Pinkie was still on Global's back. However, if Global did something to make Pinkie happy...perhaps they could get to the place where the castle was in a short amount of time...

@C. Thunder Dash

Global grunted internally. Although she had walked long distances before, she didn’t think she was equipped to walk all the way to Canterlot. Not to mention, she didn’t know how long Fluttershy and Pinkie would last travelling that far.

Trying to lighten the mood a bit so the girls didn’t feel as defeated as her, Global booped Pinkie on the snout. She pat Fluttershy’s hoof instead because she had a notion that she wouldn’t be comfortable with booping just yet. When she was finished, she stretched her hind legs out and prepared herself for the long trek.

@ExplosionMare

"I don't know...what do you call it?" Pinkie asked. Fluttershy walked alongside the group silently, wishing that she had at least one or two animals with her, especially birds or squirrels. Perhaps after telling Pinkie a joke, they could restore a few birds. It took a little more mental power to restore animals...