Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if there was a 3v3 My Little Pony G4 Fighting Game?

GatebreakerGT

Alright, so i've been playing a lot Dragon Ball FighterZ lately. It's a very fun fighting game but after re-watching some MLP episodes and watching some matches of "Them's Fightin' Herds" and the mugen fan game "MLP: Fighting Is Magic", I sorta wondered what would happened if Arc System Works made a 3v3 MLP G4 Fighting Game in a similar 2.5D style like Dragon Ball FighterZ (Sorta like a "My Little Pony FighterZ")? Granted this would probably never happen but it was a fun thought that popped up in my head.

The idea was stuck in my head for about a week and I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I came up with a bunch of ideas about how the game would work, what each characters playstyle would be, what alternate colors they would have, I even went as far as to make a mock up character select screen as for who would be in the base roster (Took me all night to make this, also all vectors were not made by me).

320075266_MLPFighterZRoster.thumb.png.7c422a7d26b49874392949d5bef64836.png

(Heroes on the left side and Villians (Including characters before they were reformed) on the right side just like FighterZ) :ButtercupLaugh:

All the blank spots with question marks would be DLC characters, but I would have to think real hard as for who would be "DLC Worthy". Other than that, I think this would be a fun starting roster and all of these characters would have their own unique playstyles (I could 100% see Tirek having a meter absorption mechanic), they would be very well animated knowing Arc Sys is in charge, and would it more than likely be very easy to get into and play knowing MLP's target audience. I would also love to see maybe Dramatic/Special Finishes (Ex. if Twilight were to beat Tirek on a certain stage, they would basically re-enact their fight from Season 4 Episode 25 "Twilight's Kingdom" but re-animated in 3D by Arc-Sys :wub:).

So what would you guys think of a MLP Fighting Game like this and who would you guys want to be in the base game or DLC? I'll be adding more to this mock up roster I made on Photoshop and might change around some character spots. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

This would be the most epic mlp fighting game since fighting is magic. I mean seriously...just about every brony who likes fighting is magic (like myself) would totally hook on to this. I love how you split heroes and villains. 

I'd say the hardest things would be coming with special moves, and finishers. Also, you could have some unique quotes/roasts like in Fighterz. Say like if Rainbow vs Gilda or even AJ vs Rainbow Dash. Soo much potential in this idea. 

The only issue: Hasbro...

• Brohoof 1

I am so glad Dragon Ball FighterZ actually became a thing, and became that good.

I kinda got uninterested in the game itself pretty fast, even when I am interested in fighting games like Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat. I watched a few hours of multiplayer matches and then I didn't see the fun in waiting and the lag any more. Felt too much button-mashing rather than skill. Again, this was years ago.

I think the art style would work pretty good for G4! The 3D polygons to emulate the ponies Flash vector art, would work and be even easier to do than the complexity of Dragon Ball's models and characters.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-03-17 at 9:21 PM, GatebreakerGT said:

Alright, so i've been playing a lot Dragon Ball FighterZ lately. It's a very fun fighting game but after re-watching some MLP episodes and watching some matches of "Them's Fightin' Herds" and the mugen fan game "MLP: Fighting Is Magic", I sorta wondered what would happened if Arc System Works made a 3v3 MLP G4 Fighting Game in a similar 2.5D style like Dragon Ball FighterZ (Sorta like a "My Little Pony FighterZ")? Granted this would probably never happen but it was a fun thought that popped up in my head.

The idea was stuck in my head for about a week and I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I came up with a bunch of ideas about how the game would work, what each characters playstyle would be, what alternate colors they would have, I even went as far as to make a mock up character select screen as for who would be in the base roster (Took me all night to make this, also all vectors were not made by me).

320075266_MLPFighterZRoster.thumb.png.7c422a7d26b49874392949d5bef64836.png

(Heroes on the left side and Villians (Including characters before they were reformed) on the right side just like FighterZ) :ButtercupLaugh:

All the blank spots with question marks would be DLC characters, but I would have to think real hard as for who would be "DLC Worthy". Other than that, I think this would be a fun starting roster and all of these characters would have their own unique playstyles (I could 100% see Tirek having a meter absorption mechanic), they would be very well animated knowing Arc Sys is in charge, and would it more than likely be very easy to get into and play knowing MLP's target audience. I would also love to see maybe Dramatic/Special Finishes (Ex. if Twilight were to beat Tirek on a certain stage, they would basically re-enact their fight from Season 4 Episode 25 "Twilight's Kingdom" but re-animated in 3D by Arc-Sys :wub:).

So what would you guys think of a MLP Fighting Game like this and who would you guys want to be in the base game or DLC? I'll be adding more to this mock up roster I made on Photoshop and might change around some character spots. :BrightMacContent:

So I've made some adjustments to the roster (I completely forgot to add Rarity which was my bad LMAO), this is everyone who I personally think would work in a MLP 3v3 Fighting game (I was originally going to add a few more characters like Autumn Blaze, Shining Armor, Bulk Biceps, and Thorax. But I couldn't figure out a moveset for most of them and I didn't want Thorax ending up as a Queen Chrysalis clone...then again I do have Lightning Dust in the game so I don't think having a clone character would be too bad :Daydreaming:)

870548022_MLPFighterZ(FullRoster).thumb.png.053a9415fc05fa23f1ae0c161f28582e.png