Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Concern I have about G5.

CastletonSnob

I have a bit of a concern regarding G5.

The movie will have some relatively high-profile names in the cast. Will Hasbro or whoever is in charge of G5 be able to get them to reprise their roles for the show?

I think actors have been more willing to take on a variety of gigs thanks to the pandemic. Maybe that'll be going away, but it seemed like quite a few were opting to play a part in ads and shows they normally wouldn't just so they'd stay active. In some cases it seemed out of desperation actually, or maybe even begrudgingly, perhaps over some sort of contractual obligation.

Don't know if any of this would be the case for the new cast but we kept John de Lancie around for a good bit.

• Brohoof 1

Aside from Phil LaMarr, I don't think I can see Hasbro willing to spend money in order to bring the voice cast of the movie on board for the actual series. Then again, they might make an exception and go out of their way to retain their services. We won't know for certain until it gets closer to when it premieres.

It's like how the Kung Fu Panda show couldn't get the actual Jack Black for the series for obvious reasons, so they had to get a really good impersonator, the voice actor from the video games. Shows based off of movies starring high-profile actors and voice actors have found ways to work around this problem for a long time. 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe it'll just be the movie and that'll be the end of G5 (if only because they blew the budget and not because of how damn cynical the concept sounds)

(edited)

I mean this isn't exactly new for Hasbro(for example for the characters introduced in the 86 Transformers movie they replaced the celebrity voices with new VAs when they went into the main show) of these VAs, only one I can see sticking around is Phil LaMarr depending if they either do their VAs in America or if they even use union VAs(again to use Transformers as an example they've been going with non-union VAs for their shows lately). They just need the right people to put forth the effort

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

If the movie voice cast becomes super popular than perhaps a good chunk would return but as long as the voice actors are darn good actors and take the character's/roles very seriously I would accept a few cast changes. Cast changes is a part of production a lot of the time. Perhaps some Gen 4 actors would return as Gen 5 characters.