Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Silver School for Necromancy and Other Purities

Loud Opinion

@Loud Opinion @Thunder Light @Kujamih @Zoom Jetstream

Spiral leads the way to the classroom silently as she looks up to the setting sun. For many times, she could remember the orange sunsets contrasting with the purple mountains back home. It was almost nostalgic to think of, but she was here and she was going to fully commit to what she was doing to do. Looking to Void she would smile calmly, "Well there aren't any Timberwolves around here so you have nothing to be afraid of." she remarked, taking note of the patrolling ghosts. She wasn't sure what to think about those, but she wasn't going to ask any questions.

• Brohoof 1

@Thunder Light @Starforce @Loud Opinion @Kujamih

"Huh." Monsoon said out loud as she thought to herself about what Void had said. She had a feeling he was being deliberately vague, kind of like the way Thamani was about why she shrieked earlier. However, that was to be expected as they didn't really know each other yet. In addition, Monsoon found it unlikely that the forest or the school would have Timberwolves.

When Monsoon finished climbing the steps, she looked over at the setting sun. For some reason, it felt different from the sunset that she sees in Canterlot or Cloudsdale. She also noted the ghosts floating around. I wonder what they are doing here. Monsoon thought to herself. Do they teach here? Or are they part of security here or something?

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Starforce @Thunder Light @Zoom Jetstream

The crimson sunset upsets Voids eye for some reason Causing her to be blinded by it. she can vaguely see the others Infront of her except the two ghost that is about to collide with her.

as she continues to walk blindingly ahead she would eventually hit the 2 ghost and phase through it, feeling their cold presence and giving Void a spine tingling chill.

" brrrr.…. ugggghhhh, what was that sudden chill?" Void said gullibly.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih @Starforce @Zoom Jetstream

---

“You walked into a pair of spirits" Thamani told Void very nonchalantly as if it was normal to see a pony pace into ghosts, “You should look where you are going"

“Speaking of spirits, I wonder if these spirits are once ancient warriors” approaching said pair, gazing intently at them.

Edited by Thunder Light
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Thunder Light said:

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih @Starforce @Zoom Jetstream

---

“You walked into a pair of spirits" Thamani told Void very nonchalantly as if it was normal to see a pony pace into ghosts, “You should look where you are going"

“Speaking of spirits, I wonder if these spirits are once ancient warriors” approaching said pair, gazing intently at them.

Void shutters to Thamani's reply. 

"oOoh.... I see.." she replied while trying to hold her tears.

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih @Zoom Jetstream @Thunder Light

Spiral sighs internally at Void's reaction. This mare is just so timid and every little thing that happens scares her, or she acts so clumsy. It was starting to get on Spiral's nerves - though she still pitied the mare. "You know void, why are you so scared all the time? You have obviously been through some trauma. Do you want to talk about it?" Spiral asked calmly.

• Brohoof 1

"Void, I find it kind of surprising that you didn't notice the ghosts floating there. In addition, you always seem distracted and scared," Monsoon weighted in, "Are you sure there isn't something going on? You mentioned timberwolves, but there aren't any around here."

• Brohoof 1

@Zoom Jetstream

Upon reaching the top, Monsoon would read the plaque in front, 'Clairvoyance.'

It was not just a denotation of the subject of the class but evidence. Evidence that Monsoon hadn't the foggiest idea where she was going! And evidence of how lacking the headmaster's tour was.

The ghosts were still reasonably nearby, in case one was inclined to move with aim and purpose.

• Brohoof 2

Clairvoyance? What are we doing by the sophomore classrooms? And how come Mr. Tongue never showed where our classrooms are? Monsoon thought to herself. She was going to ask the others what they were doing here, but she realized this could be a nice opportunity to take a look at the classrooms. After making sure nopony (or ghost) was looking, she snuck a look inside the classroom through one of the windows. She took a quick glance, and then turned around to talk to the group again.

"I don't think we are in the right place. There's a plaque that says 'Clairvoyance' which suggests that we are by the sophomore classrooms. Perhaps we should head towards our classrooms, which will be the ones that say 'Living Wellness' or 'Natural Magic' ?" Monsoon suggested.

• Brohoof 2

@Zoom Jetstream

When Monsoon did not find a window on the acropolis, the narrator took it upon itself to direct Monsoon between some pillars.

The interior had three distinct features.

At one end of the room were desks. Not the personalized sort one would find in most schools. Each was a single surface that stretched across the room with many chairs. Each desk could comfortably seat a dozen ponies.

The row-like desks only took up about half the room. After that was a circular depression. A sort of reverse stage for ponies to occupy. The indentation was flanked by shelves of nick-nacks.

Finally, at the end of the room was a mighty oak sprouting from the basalt. Upon this oak was a giant caterpillar. The thing's features were simple. The pattern was a simple rounded line of green against its sky blue body. The face had many pony-like features: The eyes were pony-ish, and the slight smile was on a pony-like snout.

It appeared to be writing some paperwork with its stubby legs at the top of the trunk. Its body wrapped around the lower trunk for support.

@Thunder Light

The Ghosts, glancing behind them, saw Thamani's approach, stopped, and turned to greet him. Their forms were of a pony but too simple to be any specific pony. The one on the right spoke up, "Hello, what might you be doing out here so close to the night?"

The left ghost chimed in when it saw the rest of the group behind her, "It looks like an entire outing."

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Thunder Light @Kujamih @Zoom Jetstream

"Seems as though the headmaster had let us go on our own. Probably a test to see if we can find our way around, as well as to test our awareness of our surroundings." Spiral Spell remarked in a confident manner and noticed Void's tone change but didn't speak of it further for now. Following Monsoon into the classroom she would find herself rather surprised at what she was seeing. Of course, she would hide her more visible reactions from view.

The classroom construction seemed quite strange to her in multiple ways but that was to be expected. The caterpillar like creature was no doubt to be the teacher. Spiral stepped forward calmly and looked at its eyes. "I presume you are the teacher?" she asked politely.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Starforce

The segmented subject startled a smidge by Spell Swirl's statement. He slowly somersaulted onto the ground, using his grip on the tree to ease himself through the motions.

Now slightly below eye level, the caterpillar strode to her, "Indeed. I am professor Calamity. I give instructions on fortune-telling and omen deciphering. Is there something you need Miss Spell?"

Now that he is facing Spiral, she could see a monocle on his left eye. The few scratches and scuffs on the lens rotated lazily.

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Starforce @Zoom Jetstream @Windy Snow

as the giant caterpillar slowly decent from it's tree. Void could now easily size up the creature and see it much clearer. it kind of gave a cold chill to Void and creeped her out. knowing that the caterpillar is one of the teachers, she tried to hide her fear and disgust over it. Void doesn't want to be considered a rude pony so she lowered her head and slowly went to the back of the group to hide herself, quivering.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih @Zoom Jetstream @Windy Snow

Spiral was silent for about a second as she mentally processed what had just occurred. "I suppose we are just looking around the school and seeing where everything is. It is nice to meet you, Professor Calamity." she grinned somewhat, then looking over to Void but didn't say anything. 

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce @Radiant Reindeer @Windy Snow @Kujamih

With no way for Void to disguise her retreat, the caterpillar shook his head in disappointment but didn't miss a beat in answering Spiral, "Indeed. Indeed," He parroted as he maintained intense eye contact, "Well, the first-year classes are all just east of the dorms. You just need to go back the way you came and go the opposite way to find your other professors. Although..."

Calamity leaned closer to her conspiratorially and dropped his voice considerably before continuing. 

Spoiler

"It would be in your best interest if you visited me later tonight. The words on my tongue are not meant for this audience."

• Brohoof 3

Monsoon was a bit surprised to see the rest of the group with her in the classroom, but she maintained her calm-looking exterior as not to give anything away. She found the classroom furniture to be quite intriguing. The desks reminded Monsoon of the ones in a library, and while she had seen these reverse stages in Celestia's school for gifted unicorns in Canterlot, she found it surprising that this classroom had combined it with desks.

Monsoon thought about Spiral Spell's remarks about the headmaster intentionally not showing many parts of the campus on tour as to test their observation and navigation skills. However, Monsoon was quite good at navigation, and she had a pretty good idea where they were relative to the places they have seen so far. 

Monsoon was quite surprised when Professor Calamity addressed Spiral Spell by her name when she didn't even introduce herself, but then Monsoon remembered that he was a clairvoyance teacher. I wonder if Professor Calamity can sense Spiral Spell's name... She also tried to ignore Void's rudeness.

Spoiler

Monsoon heard Professor Calamity whisper something to Spiral Spell. I know Professor Calamity was referring to Spiral Spell, but I am curious to know why though. I guess that means I sneak over here tonight and see what happens. She wondered if Professor Calamity could sense what she was thinking about right now.

Edited by Radiant Reindeer
  • Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih @Windy Snow @Radiant Reindeer

Spiral Spell leaned into listen to Calamity's instructions carefully. After all, Spiral was usually a conspirator in many situations so she reveled in the idea. It was always a euphoric feeling to plot behind other's backs - no matter how small. "Can do, can do. I trust everything is alright around here?" she spoke and glanced over to Void, as if annoyed by her skittishness. 

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

the atmosphere and the way the others feel towards Void seemed to have changed and is starting to choke her.

Spiral's glance was no help either for it was more of a glare to Void's eye, which stopped her from shaking but gave her a cold chill in her back.

Fear.

it reminded her the cold stares of the Timber wolves that tried to hunt her down. Now Void wants nothing to do with this room and would try to make excuses to leave as soon as possible. which made her remember alot more better and focused.

" u-ugh... ahm... t-thank you for the Directions... so-so just the opposite direction then?" she would wait for a second for a reply.

"i-im sorry for disturbing y-you caterp- I mean Professor Calamity!" she would bow her head towards the caterpillar from afar, showing that she was apologizing while scared of him at the same time.

then curiosity struck Void out of nowhere. the Caterpillar's name intrigued her.

"…... why are you named Calami- I'm sorry that was rude! please don't mind me! i-i'll be heading to my k-class now."

for once Void did not wait for the others to lead the way. she would bolt down the hall and open a random door that was unlocked without looking at it's sign and slams it at her back without knowing what trouble she might've ended herself.

she would then sit down to where she stands and contemplate to herself.

".... what just happened?" she said as she holds her tears.

Edited by Kujamih

On 2021-12-02 at 4:53 AM, Loud Opinion said:

@Zoom Jetstream

When Monsoon did not find a window on the acropolis, the narrator took it upon itself to direct Monsoon between some pillars.

The interior had three distinct features.

At one end of the room were desks. Not the personalized sort one would find in most schools. Each was a single surface that stretched across the room with many chairs. Each desk could comfortably seat a dozen ponies.

The row-like desks only took up about half the room. After that was a circular depression. A sort of reverse stage for ponies to occupy. The indentation was flanked by shelves of nick-nacks.

Finally, at the end of the room was a mighty oak sprouting from the basalt. Upon this oak was a giant caterpillar. The thing's features were simple. The pattern was a simple rounded line of green against its sky blue body. The face had many pony-like features: The eyes were pony-ish, and the slight smile was on a pony-like snout.

It appeared to be writing some paperwork with its stubby legs at the top of the trunk. Its body wrapped around the lower trunk for support.

@Thunder Light

The Ghosts, glancing behind them, saw Thamani's approach, stopped, and turned to greet him. Their forms were of a pony but too simple to be any specific pony. The one on the right spoke up, "Hello, what might you be doing out here so close to the night?"

The left ghost chimed in when it saw the rest of the group behind her, "It looks like an entire outing."

“Correct” Thamani replied, smiling at them, “Are you both supposed to be one of the guards of this place? She didn't mean it

Thamani's attention turned to Monsoon. She followed her, Void, and Spiral into the classroom. She found this classroom unique for its design, but the real surprise was the creature already in the room.

It closely resembles a caterpillar, its body is green but it had an equine snout and eyes. Thamani decided not to question about its existence, seeing that there are a lot of other living creatures one would normally see in this campus, she mentally told herself that there could be more animals stranger than this caterpillar, who introduced himself as Professor Calamity. He teaches about fortune-telling and omen deciphering. She didn't come here to know her future but she noted those could be useful, not to mention it made her feel like home.

Her attention was drawn to Void once again, watching as the mare bolted out of the room. She sighed, glancing at the others and saying, “I should go and check up on her” before running out of the classroom. However, she was too late, she couldn't find any trace of Void; and worst of all, the academy is big, though she couldn't have gone too far.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Loud Opinion @Starforce @Windy Breeze (Dr. clue)

*STAB*

a numbing sensation can be felt at Void's chest while something hot is felt pouring from it.

"ghasp!?" Void yelped, but muffled by a white pony's hoof.

she goes into a panic but could not. its as if she has no control of her body. It simply just won't move.

She tries to look at who's hooves is blocking her mouth but she could only see a hooded pony with a mask.

as she made eye contact, the hooded pony went closer and took a much better look at her.

Void would instinctively try to move away from him but the door was behind her, blocking her from any more movements away from the hooded pony. she could only stare in fear.

then the hooded pony would go near her ear and whisper. "you shouldn't even exist in the first place."

suddenly intense pain surges from the numbing part of her body.

she tried to scream but the pain was too much that only air came out her muffled mouth. 

she would investigate the cause of this dreadful pain and see that a black long pointy shard is being screwed in her chest was the cause.

as she was about to faint, the masked pony seemed to purposefully yanked out the black shard in her chest for her to wake up from her daze, making her Yelp and cry for pain.

" don't sleep on your last moments. don't worry.... it'll be over soon."

Void can only pant and focus from the pain she is in, while a pool of blood gushes out of her body.

" come... I will guide you to your grave."

the masked pony's hooves started to grow black shards of claws and grabbed her head while still muffling her mouth, while piercing her face.

he drags her limp body across the room headed to the window for their exit.

" ...was it nice while it lasted?" the hooded pony asked.

sketch-1641357489425.thumb.jpg.cfe112a3ca4392631aac47eda50fa4cb.jpg

Edited by Kujamih