Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making a beyblade and mlp crossover

Moonstarleader10101

Basically I want to throw Kai Hiwatari from beyblade when he was in the middle of the black dranzer arc into Equestria because I think it would be fun to challenge the idea he had at the time of how 'friends were a weakness' as the wiki said 'He has always acted alone without making friends and appeared to not know the meaning of friendship after being alone and friendless most of his life, only caring for his abusive grandfather who continuously used him'. Any ideas on how to make the relationships or any extra tips on how to write Kai well he is in Ponyville (Most likely with Twilight for practical reasons) I'd prefer answers from other people who watched beyblade or at least people who know about Kai since they'd likely understand what I am saying more than someone else. https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Kai_Hiwatari#Anime here is the Kai I speak of just in case you need to know more.

That idea can certainly work. Now, I'm extremely rusty on Beyblade and only watched a little bit of it. But, I can tell you that this story could work in late present Equestria (pre-Last Problem, Post-Ending of The End) or in Future Equestria (Post-Last Problem). From there, you could go many ways. What if the "friends as weakness" concept spawns a villain that could actually try to sever the friendship, which fails and then someway, somehow, everyone rallies together to prove that friendship is indeed strong. 

19 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

That idea can certainly work. Now, I'm extremely rusty on Beyblade and only watched a little bit of it. But, I can tell you that this story could work in late present Equestria (pre-Last Problem, Post-Ending of The End) or in Future Equestria (Post-Last Problem). From there, you could go many ways. What if the "friends as weakness" concept spawns a villain that could actually try to sever the friendship, which fails and then someway, somehow, everyone rallies together to prove that friendship is indeed strong. 

Thing is that idea of 'friendship is weakness' he had died the second the lake baikal incident happened post-black dranzer arc, where his friends stayed with him despite Kai being a bit of a jerk, and stealing a bunch of people's bit-beasts, to quote Kenny for a second "Kai has been trying to keep his distance ever since he joined the bladebreakers by forming a invisible barrier between himself and us, it took becoming our enemy to miss being our friend" If being their enemy would make Kai miss the bladebreakers (Who are the typical 'friendship is power' anime characters) Imagine being separated across dimensions without a real way to contact them until his deal with Dranzer is complete basically she wants him to learn friendship and he can only go back to his world once Twilight gains her wings and becomes a alicorn, and only if he has truly learned friendship, since I am making him spawn in Equestria in season 1, and considering this is Kai of all people, that will take a while

Edited by Moonstarleader10101

11 minutes ago, Moonstarleader10101 said:

Thing is that idea of 'friendship is weakness' he had died the second the lake baikal incident happened post-black dranzer arc, where his friends stayed with him despite Kai being a bit of a jerk, and stealing a bunch of people's bit-beasts, to quote Kenny for a second "Kai has been trying to keep his distance ever since he joined the bladebreakers by forming a invisible barrier between himself and us, it took becoming our enemy to miss being our friend" If being their enemy would make Kai miss the bladebreakers (Who are the typical 'friendship is power' anime characters) Imagine being separated across dimensions without a real way to contact them until his deal with Dranzer is complete basically she wants him to learn friendship and he can only go back to his world once Twilight gains her wings and becomes a alicorn, and only if he has truly learned friendship, since I am making him spawn in Equestria in season 1, and considering this is Kai of all people, that will take a while

Ah, so if I'm getting this right, you're placing the main character at the start of the FiM series?

1 minute ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Ah, so if I'm getting this right, you're placing the main character at the start of the FiM series?

Kai isn't the main character, it's Tyson but yeah pretty much actually considering how surface level similar Tyson and Rainbow are and Kai's rivalry with Tyson, and surface level disdain he had for the younger boy... considering doing something with RD. Tyson's was introduced as a cocky, confident, and fearless Blader who strived to be "Number One" which kinda reminds me of Rainbow, makes me think since Kai and Tyson were arch-enemies/rivals/friends Rainbow would provoke similar emotions from Kai that Tyson did

I see. Well, good luck with the start of it! Wish I could help a little more but I haven't watched Beyblade in forever. 

4 minutes ago, Moonstarleader10101 said:

Kai isn't the main character, it's Tyson but yeah pretty much actually considering how surface level similar Tyson and Rainbow are and Kai's rivalry with Tyson, and surface level disdain he had for the younger boy... considering doing something with RD. Tyson's was introduced as a cocky, confident, and fearless Blader who strived to be "Number One" which kinda reminds me of Rainbow, makes me think since Kai and Tyson were arch-enemies/rivals/friends Rainbow would provoke similar emotions from Kai that Tyson did