Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could have Fluttershy reedem Starlight if she was in Twilight's place back in season 5 finale?

xLuneti

No because starlight would have enclosed her in that rock spell and Fluttershy would have no way of escaping. 

Falling to her death. 

Twilight had magic so she was able to escape. 

That's not really an easy question to answer. Not every character can be redeemed/reformed in the same way by the same people. What worked for Discord won't necessarily work for Starlight.

Discord needed someone to really believe he could be different, while Starlight required a more hands-on approach. Twilight had to be Starlight mentor for a while. Fluttershy could be hands-off with Discord on and off.

Giving it some thought I can't help but think that had Fluttershy been tasked with been tasked with Starlight that there would've been a breakdown eventually. Starlight relied on magical shortcuts to break through her problems, which is something I don't think Fluttershy could handle. Sure, Discord is the LORD OF CHAOS, but he emotionally resonated with her. Starlight was a loner who had no familiarity with any pony; period. She had no concept friendship under any circumstance and was prone to breaking down & panicking. Fluttershy can only deal with so much.

• Brohoof 1

Any of the Mane 6 would have succeeded at redeeming her. It is just that they do it differently. I think Starlight wanted to be redeemed, so she was just looking for a way to let them redeem her.

Fluttershy would not have been able to do it easier than Twilight. But shew would have succeeded.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Pathfinder of Ash said:

Starlight relied on magical shortcuts to break through her problems, which is something I don't think Fluttershy could handle. Sure, Discord is the LORD OF CHAOS, but he emotionally resonated with her. Starlight was a loner who had no familiarity with any pony; period. She had no concept friendship under any circumstance and was prone to breaking down & panicking. Fluttershy can only deal with so much.

This is the most accurrate take on Starlight I have seen in years.