Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Welcome! To: Into Limbo: Worlds Collide (open)

Evil Pink One

....:Sunny-huh:

But Beta is being mind controlled by Asthenia( eldritch horrored Alicorn) :pip-err: who is merged with Mara( the dream walking unicorn)

Mara the unicorn who goes to everyones dreams and warp things...:Sunny-huh:

🤔 

Yes the two are having a power struggle on whos gonna control their merged body hence they aren't showing themselves for now. 

So if you're going through their memory... It's gonna be meed up in there or whatever you plan in Beta's mind is gonna be wacked... Or both of you would go bbbrrrrrzzzzttttkkk!!!?? Perhps? 🤔 

Uuuu theres a lot of thing brewing in my head.... Which one .......:manic-laughter:

So Beta knows through mother about Fuoco and what she can do. Now that Fuoco's focused on her she can easily manipulate the other puppets. And you do know that the reason why they "love" fuoco is how unique she delivers pain and fear right? Sure its hurting them... But Beta is now one of them and is loving what you're doing to her

... Now the thing here is... Should she be professional about it and try capturing Fuoco or continue to be greedy and bask on the pain given to her? 🤔 Both perhaps?.... 

Also Blu might end up accidentally killing the puppeted ponies, if he aint too careful.

Also i was thinking if i should use the puppets as missiles and throw it at Blu... But that'd be too gruesome, and i think it's gonna have a much more heavier theme and difficult story to pull? Hmmm... Too gruesome? And i don't think that blu would bat an i too this, so its probably a wasted potential to add this perhaps? 🤔 🤔 Hmmmm

@Evil Pink One

2 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

But Beta is being mind controlled by Asthenia( eldritch horrored Alicorn) :pip-err: who is merged with Mara( the dream walking unicorn)

Mara the unicorn who goes to everyones dreams and warp things...:Sunny-huh:

🤔

Yes the two are having a power struggle on whos gonna control their merged body hence they aren't showing themselves for now. 

So if you're going through their memory... It's gonna be meed up in there or whatever you plan in Beta's mind is gonna be wacked... Or both of you would go bbbrrrrrzzzzttttkkk!!!?? Perhps?

What are you talking about? Neither of my characters have the ability to go through memories?

Fuoco is lighting Beta's brain on fire, and burning her eyes out. Which leads to a fairly instant death.

35 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Also Blu might end up accidentally killing the puppeted ponies, if he aint too careful.

That's why he's waiting for line of sight, which was established to exist. And this short distance gives very little time for Beta (Or those controlling her) to react by either dodging or putting something else in the way (Which even if a puppet was put in the way there's enough penetration in the rifle to still hit Beta through a pony.)

31 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

What are you talking about? Neither of my characters have the ability to go through memories?

Fuoco is lighting Beta's brain on fire, and burning her eyes out. Which leads to a fairly instant death.

Yeah I didn't read through it properly at that point and got excited.

31 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

1 hour ago, Evil Pink One said:

Yup but the infection is ruled to always protect it's host at all cost. Hence killing Beta would actually just cure her off of her infection.... Hmm 🤔 

Probably the burning of the brain would take longer than expected because she is infected. She'd puppet one of the ponys and placing it infront of fuoco, distracting her and giving her some time to pin her down with some of her puppets. t

Tiara and Cozy would help out, some of the puppets would try and attack Blu. A lot would get injured. And the next phase would be the search for the heart and the final fight for asthenia and mara.... So 3 major villains are down at that point.

So the original villains have 2 remaining characters

And the plot twist villain has 1 known villain( MadPie) there are only 3 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

@Evil Pink One

Looks like there's a lot of miscommunication between us, best if we clarified here before continuing.

On 2024-05-21 at 2:10 AM, Evil Pink One said:

I thought blu said that line? hence madeline was the closest so she answered...?)

Blu did say that line, specifically he said:

"She's dead. And you will be too soon if you don't start talking sense."

To which Madeline responded:

" You killed her?"

To which Blu responded:

"I didn't say that."

I was trying to convey that Blu was countering the assumption that he had killed Alpha, which while that is true it is not what he said and would only be known those who had been present, and even then he shot her at such a distance that many who were there wouldn't know it had been him who had shot her.

This isn't an issue really as it is a reasonable back and forth to have.

Also she has the eye of future sight, i think she has 7 seconds of future sight back then? With that she had the foresight to see what would and would not work.

Being able to see the future does not inherently grant the ability to change the future. While she can see the outcomes of possible actions, she would, I assume, need to think of an action she could take to see that outcome, meaning she would need to know what she could do in advance. This also takes time to do. If you're suggesting that she can pause time to evaluate all the options, or even worse, somehow see all the options simultaneously to then pick the best outcome, that is utterly broken as a character.

Her depiction made sense when she was getting shot at, as it was well within her power to move out of the way of the bullets if she knew where they would be, but to somehow know that she could counter a musical spell with a shockwave? 

Which comes to another issue:

Hence before Fuoco can toot his flute the blast would've cancelled the note or stop her from playing the flute, since I've tried that before... Playing a flute on a windy day.... Imagine a blast of air.... We were forced to play the flute in elementary schools...outside... In the scorching heat... Infront of our flag. May tha flag burn as we have... Anyway...

First off, you go on a bit of a ramble here that doesn't make any sense.

On 2024-05-19 at 2:56 AM, Evil Pink One said:

She clapped her hooves to counter the note. A shockwave occured. The blast of wind isn't  strong enough to blow anyone  but it was sure loud and impactful that one might flinch.

A shockwave loud enough to stop the note, would be loud enough to deafen Apple Bloom based on her proximity to the center of the wave. Likely causing permanent hearing loss especially considering how much more sensitive Apple Bloom's ears are compared to a normal pony's, on account of having been blind for so long.

Further, the amount of force necessary to generate a shockwave? Far greater than anything she's achieved before, which is another aspect of her character being broken.

Furthermore, doing this doesn't gain Apple Bloom anything other than painting a bigger target on her back.

Then we come to the biggest issue, the fact that these two characters despite having personally attacked some of the party seem to think they are in a position to negotiate without any explanation as to their past actions. Honestly Blu should have opened fire as soon as he saw Apple Bloom but I held off hoping you had something planned other than another "Oh my characters are going to save the day while yours sit and watch. Don't try to influence the narrative because they're just going to talk over you and do their own thing like they weren't trying to kill you in the previous scene."

As it stands, the next line will be Fuoco saying: "So you've chosen death." and ordering those nearby to attack. She was quite clear that she would accept no negotiation and Apple Bloom has no good will left to barter with Fuoco. Blu won't hesitate to strike again, despite knowing that Apple Bloom will dodge, but between him and Fuoco and anyone present willing to fight against known infected traitors it would take a deus ex machina to get her out of there.

But I'm guessing that's exactly what you have planned.

I'm just trying to understand how I'm supposed to play off of you in this story, and it's frustrating when it seems like what I'm doing is wrong so you have your characters take care of it or punish my characters for straying from the path, instead of reaching out here and explaining what you were hoping for so we can collaborate.

5 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

was trying to convey that Blu was countering the assumption that he had killed Alpha, which while that is true it is not what he said and would only be known those who had been present, and even then he shot her at such a distance that many who were there wouldn't know it had been him who had shot her.

Oh aaaaa hahahaha got it got it. The only reason Madeline said that was for jest and humor if she was near fuoco she wouldve said the same lines to her.

8 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

First off, you go on a bit of a ramble here that doesn't make any sense.

Yup sorry. Did i forgot to put an open close parenthesis though?

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

This isn't an issue really as it is a reasonable back and forth to have

Yup

Being able to see the future does not inherently grant the ability to change the future. While she can see the outcomes of possible actions, she would, I assume, need to think of an action she could take to see that outcome, meaning she would need to know what she could do in advance. This also takes time to do. If you're suggesting that she can pause time to evaluate all the options, or even worse, somehow see all the options simultaneously to then pick the best outcome, that is utterly broken as a character.

She was originally an Alpha. She has very fast instincts and combat experience. She fights blind and reliant with her other senses to cope with lost of sight, that includes thinking her actions. She can fight toe to toe with Alpha even without her future sight before and blind. Now she isnt and has future sight. So pretty much she was thinking already and made actions. What she is doing is pretty hardcore... But of course her future sight has a cost.

The reason she was forced to do it is because you targeted her ears. Even though she isn't blind anymore she would instinctively guard it with her life as thad her only means of "seeing" before.

Then again if someone knows a person has future sight. They too can do what Applebloom does and think their actions and fully commit to it and then changing it. That way she'd keep on seeing multiple things going to happen to her making it even harder for her.

(A fight between madeline and Applebloom happened off screen and thats what madeline did. But still Applebloom is still stronger than her because she is an Original.)

And what Applebloom did wasn't that deep anyway. She saw fuoco use the flute and she stopped her before she could use it. Simple. Prevention.

She didn't need to know how the sound waves or frequency of magic thing to cancel out Fuoco's flute.  Its like someone tried to point a gun at you. Before it triggers you tap it out of your way kinda deal. Or she could fling a rock at her hooves, but fuoco would just get mad.

Or maybe I should've just made her fling a rock... I have no idea why i made a shock wave for her.... must've something i watched that influenced that....:pip-err:

All in all Apple bloom here has the capability to make decisions to combo with her future sight. It will drain her though. Also she covers it so no one would see if she IS using future sight. A simple action and prediction can go a long ways.slight movement, tense breathing. You know like the earth bending Blind girl from avatar. Tuff or was it toff?

shockwave loud enough to stop the note, would be loud enough to deafen Apple Bloom based on her proximity to the center of the wave. Likely causing permanent hearing loss especially considering how much more sensitive Apple Bloom's ears are compared to a normal pony's, on account of having been blind for so long.

Further, the amount of force necessary to generate a shockwave? Far greater than anything she's achieved before, which is another aspect of her character being broken.

.... Yeah i shouldve just make her fling a rock at the flute... That would've been muchore cooler... God dangit what was i thinking..... I think i got fixated on applebloom being a  very strong earth pony.

Then we come to the biggest issue, the fact that these two characters despite having personally attacked some of the party seem to think they are in a position to negotiate without any explanation as to their past actions. Honestly Blu should have opened fire as soon as he saw Apple Bloom but I held off hoping you had something planned other than another "Oh my characters are going to save the day while yours sit and watch. Don't try to influence the narrative because they're just going to talk over you and do their own thing like they weren't trying to kill you in the previous scene."

Well that's why madeline was there.

🤔 Hmmmm

Okay so this is what went through my head.

You guys fought Beta( sweetie bell) octopus amalgamation of an infected.

Beaten her. But why was the infection retreating then? There reason is because i mean the enemy has a nuke ability that they used at the gorge right? Whats the reason for them not using it? Right so they should use it here especially when things are going south from them.

Also having this ability is too much as well... So why not use an X smile agent who has still access to to smile equipments and stuff. That way we can finish the story of the 3? While the rest try to push back the nuke artifact. Lets put Apple Bloom to give an assist. The teleport got cancelled.

It exploded on the enemy side and there the enemy can't use the nuke and weak enough for the resistance to finally finish off the amalgamation of an alicorn. Now how to lure you guys there.

Well Madeline has a vendetta with a certain pony... So she knows what that pony is doing. So she gave the info to applebloom where the amalgamation is hiding.

At the basement of the crystal empire castle.

Apple bloom is thinking. To show you what she says is the truth without her being controlled by you character is why not lure you there instead?

So what she did was intimidate you and then ran towards the Castle, throw sweetie bell to the air. Everyone thinks wth!? Then madeline grabs her out of the pages....

Then i forgot what i was supposed to do with Shallow.... I know i have something planned for her...

Anyway im editing the shock wave. That was just me being stupid.

shockwave loud enough to stop the note, would be loud enough to deafen Apple Bloom based on her proximity to the center of the wave. Likely causing permanent hearing loss especially considering how much more sensitive Apple Bloom's ears are compared to a normal pony's, on account of having been blind for so long.

.....wait a minute..... Holy sh!t no wonder!

No wonder why anime characters always shout.!:Sunny-huh: they're all deaf...:yeahno:... A mystery i have never crossed my mind and bother got answered...:laugh:

.... It all makes sense now...

• 2 weeks later...

@Evil Pink One

On 2024-05-24 at 3:49 PM, Evil Pink One said:

And what Applebloom did wasn't that deep anyway. She saw fuoco use the flute and she stopped her before she could use it. Simple. Prevention.

She didn't need to know how the sound waves or frequency of magic thing to cancel out Fuoco's flute.  Its like someone tried to point a gun at you. Before it triggers you tap it out of your way kinda deal. Or she could fling a rock at her hooves, but fuoco would just get mad.

Or maybe I should've just made her fling a rock... I have no idea why i made a shock wave for her.... must've something i watched that influenced that....:pip-err:

Fuoco would be a pretty lousy combat mage if something as simple as enemy fire would be enough to break her concentration, so throwing a rock wouldn't stop Fuoco from getting the spell off, it just might not be as effective or could hit more targets than just Apple Bloom, giving them a ringing in their ears for a few minutes.

You guys fought Beta( sweetie bell) octopus amalgamation of an infected.

Beaten her. But why was the infection retreating then? There reason is because i mean the enemy has a nuke ability that they used at the gorge right? Whats the reason for them not using it? Right so they should use it here especially when things are going south from them.

Also having this ability is too much as well... So why not use an X smile agent who has still access to to smile equipments and stuff. That way we can finish the story of the 3? While the rest try to push back the nuke artifact. Lets put Apple Bloom to give an assist. The teleport got cancelled.

This part is totally fine, no issues here.

It exploded on the enemy side and there the enemy can't use the nuke and weak enough for the resistance to finally finish off the amalgamation of an alicorn. Now how to lure you guys there.

Well Madeline has a vendetta with a certain pony... So she knows what that pony is doing. So she gave the info to applebloom where the amalgamation is hiding.

At the basement of the crystal empire castle.

Apple bloom is thinking. To show you what she says is the truth without her being controlled by you character is why not lure you there instead?

So what she did was intimidate you and then ran towards the Castle, throw sweetie bell to the air. Everyone thinks wth!? Then madeline grabs her out of the pages....

Okay, I think I understand now. The next plot point is for a final showdown where the enemy base is, and you're trying to figure out how to get my characters to go there using characters who would reasonably know about the outcome, while also explaining why the enemy would be weak enough for a counter attack to work.

Alright, I can respect that.

That being said, these two characters don't have enough pull for my characters to be willing to follow them. Blu has fought Apple Bloom and Madeline before, and Fuoco was betrayed by Apple Bloom and fought a character like Madeline before (Or perhaps the same one? This one is acting different than the previous one, so maybe they're different entities) So both would rather kill them than follow them since neither is willing to believe a word they say, especially after they refused to comply with their requests.

As to how they might reasonably convince them? Hmmm...

We would step back to the first encounter, right after Apple Bloom disables the nuke and is confronted by Blu and Fuoco. Rather than being arrogant and combative, Apple Bloom is contrite, apologizing for her earlier betrayal and explains that it was necessary in order for her to obtain the item and information.

This would put Fuoco on the back hoof, conflicted between her rage at being betrayed, and understanding at the subterfuge having been necessary. Fuoco at that point would be hesitant, but still willing to listen to what else Apple Bloom has to say.

Blu would be a tougher nut to crack, while he can also respect subterfuge, he would ask what she had gained from attacking them on the way in. I don't know how she could explain that in a way that satisfies him, but maybe it is enough to satisfy Cozy, who was present at the scuffle, enough for her to suggest to Blu that maybe it was necessary, or perhaps a misunderstanding.

Timewise this is happening very early in the morning, Blu and Fuoco have not yet slept between the previous day's battle and the ambush. They are in no state to stage another assault at this moment. They will need to rest before they can attack, and that gives Apple Bloom time to explain everything to the other leaders, Tiara and Gruit, so that everyone can be on the same page.

Does that make sense?

Fuoco would be a pretty lousy combat mage if something as simple as enemy fire would be enough to break her concentration, so throwing a rock wouldn't stop Fuoco from getting the spell off, it just might not be as effective or could hit more targets than just Apple Bloom, giving them a ringing in their ears for a few minutes.

Well future sight. So before Fuoco puts her lips on the flute or even move it close to her hands. A piece of rock would fling it out of her hooves.or wherever it was. At this point Fuoco wouldn't have the idea that it would be targeted etc. just to avoid the conflict.

That is if we continue this time line.

That being said, these two characters don't have enough pull for my characters to be willing to follow them. Blu has fought Apple Bloom and Madeline before, and Fuoco was betrayed by Apple Bloom and fought a character like Madeline before (Or perhaps the same one? This one is acting different than the previous one, so maybe they're different entities) So both would rather kill them than follow them since neither is willing to believe a word they say, especially after they refused to comply with their requests.

The biggest pull they have is wanting to kill them right? But the problem is are they willing to give chase huh?

Hmmm since they are tired and would probably just take the win from here. They'd probably chose to rest. But thats why Apple bloom and Madeline are pushingbyour buttons here since applebloom sees the negotiations she is doing is failing. Also even though Applebloom can beat Madeline.... Madeline is still there amd pulling the strings some how... Why? She must have something 

Spoiler

She has your team they're all beat up but luckily Misty followed and was captured too... Now she's healing them. Then Applebloom sees this when she was about to beat the living hell out of Madeline. Why she agreed with the eye implantation and is tagging along her.

Sure madeline is evil too but that doesnt mean she doesn't hate the other villain whos pulling the strings here as well! And even though she is evil, she still values family... Well in her own twisted way i guess...

Edited by Evil Pink One

So the reason why Apple bloom can't talk much is because of Madeline.

They did have a back and forth convo.

But what do you think... Its okay to leave them alone... Although they'll take sweetie bell and attack the castle without you. Or give chase and be lured to the castle?

Because apple bloom already explained as much as she can, sh gave hint that Madeline is holding her off.

So the reason why Apple bloom can't talk much is because of Madeline.

They did have a back and forth convo.

But what do you think... Its okay to leave them alone... Although they'll take sweetie bell and attack the castle without you. Or give chase and be lured to the castle?

Because apple bloom already explained as much as she can, sh gave hint that Madeline is holding her off.

@Evil Pink One

At that sort of speed the rock thrown would be deadly, at which point Fuoco would go for killing strikes immediately, or Fuoco wouldn't notice it at all, but that's besides the point. 

I can't say that Apple Bloom has given any hint that Madeline is holding anything over her. If anything they appear to be in cahoots, which only weakens Apple Bloom's position. 

Those present don't really care about keeping Sweetie Belle alive, and Blu would likely try to shoot her rather than let her be taken as a hostage or something, but I guess you'll have Madeline lift her out of that situation.

Sounds like the plan is for them to run away then, the pair sends a few attacks after then but does not give chase, electing to settle in for some rest while the others watch for any changes.

15 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

can't say that Apple Bloom has given any hint that Madeline is holding anything over her. If anything they appear to be in cahoots, which only weakens Apple Bloom's position. 

Well madeline kept warning her though... And yeah... It is a forced cahoots.

17 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

At that sort of speed the rock thrown would be deadly, at which point Fuoco would go for killing strikes immediately

I dont think you need THAT much of  speed to knock something off, especially off guard. Probably not notice it perhaps? But she would probably hear the rock hitting the flute.... So yeah that'd get her "!?" Plus its early morning and they havent slept yet. Im sure complacency and some dirty dozen would slip in. Easily disarming the flute and what not? Without using decapitating force that is. Lets say the flinged rock has high enough accuracy to hit it where it counts... Plus its a flute if its a sword... Then probably it would have moved it but wouldn't fling it off her hands or require extreme force....

26 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

Sounds like the plan is for them to run away then, the pair sends a few attacks after then but does not give chase, electing to settle in for some rest while the others watch for any changes.

Oh okay... That way blu and fuoco can have the final stage.

@Evil Pink One

1 hour ago, Evil Pink One said:

Lets say the flinged rock has high enough accuracy to hit it where it counts... Plus its a flute

Actually hitting the flute? That would send Fuoco into a murderous rage like nothing else. She doesn't need to see the street to light the whole thing on fire.

We keep circling around this, but basically anything that Apple Bloom does that could be construed as aggressive, will not have the effect that she wants. She won't calm Fuoco by throwing things at her, she can stand to have a bit of painful tinnitus, as a treat.

@Evil Pink One

Actually hitting the flute? That would send Fuoco into a murderous rage like nothing else. She doesn't need to see the street to light the whole thing on fire.

We keep circling around this, but basically anything that Apple Bloom does that could be construed as aggressive, will not have the effect that she wants. She won't calm Fuoco by throwing things at her, she can stand to have a bit of painful tinnitus, as a treat.

XD Perphaps she'd be angry enough to chase her? Hence why she said that line? Then perhaps she did see the future XD