Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Is Bluey becoming the next FiM?

Sphinx-Ara

So,as the title says, Is Blue becoming the next FiM? Why do I ask, well because it appears to be very popular in more than just Australia (Where I am from and where the series is made). It teaches lessons about life and friendship in a way that children can understand, but also in a way that adults can like it too. Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if it does become the new FiM.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I myself haven't actually seen Bluey in full, but from what I've seen, it feels like a simpler version of FIM...or a mix of other stuff with it...

The kid voice actors are a tiny bit annoying but otherwise, i find it fun. 7 min episodes

I don't think they'll be another cartoon with a fanbase the size of Bronies anytime soon. Plenty of other shows with more potential like Steven Universe and Adventure Time didn't manage to get as huge as FIM.

First question: Is is becoming popular at 4chan?
Maybe internet has a way to make things popular without 4chan nowadays, but it would certainly speed things up if there was a dedicated craze going on over there.

Second question: Is this only in Australia?

Third question: What are they? Dogs? Cats? Ponies?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Splashee said:

Maybe internet has a way to make things popular without 4chan nowadays, but it would certainly speed things up if there was a dedicated craze going on over there.

I can answer your second question. It's definitely not just in Australia because I've seen it on American television as well, along with some merch at stores.

I have heard a lot about the show but even though it's popular, I doubt it'll have its own "Bronies" since I have yet to see them. Then again, I don't know since I don't follow the series.

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

1. I dont know about 4Chan, but it has its own wiki and other fansites
2. It's made by the ABC (australian broadcast company) but is available international and online
3. They're dogs

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Having seen how much the show has grown lately...yeah, it is. It might not've had its roots in 4chan (though let's be real, that's a good thing), but I've been all around the net and I've seen the show met with rapturous, overwhelming praise all over the shop.

Which is odd cuz MLP overall goes on a larger scale, being set in a fantasy world where crazy adventures happen half the time, while Bluey is a smaller, more chill show set in a more realistic world and focusing on the games we all used to play as kids. But Bluey is a great show, so I'm happy. :)

• Brohoof 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:01 PM, AuroraGlimmer said:

1. I dont know about 4Chan, but it has its own wiki and other fansites
2. It's made by the ABC (australian broadcast company) but is available international and online
3. They're dogs

Fitting that a dog is man's best friend:D  

• 2 weeks later...

I only recently watched an episode of Bluey. I had heard great things about it so I gave it a shot. While I didn’t fall in love with it, I did enjoy it and ended up watching quite a few episodes. It will be my occasional guilty pleasure show. Is it the new FiM? I don’t think so. It’s popular but I doubt it will ever be on the level FiM was on. Those are huge shoes to fill.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't think it'll become the next FiM, it would be safe to say that it has gotten viral worldwide, in a good way. Especially because compared to other preschool content and shows, it's a breath of fresh air for everyone to enjoy. I actually grew to like the show a lot for how endearing and wholesome it is in general, even 4chan fell into the endearing and wholesome charm of the show. Not to mention, since I have an affinity for Australia, I'm become pretty biased to enjoy it almost immediately due to the characters and setting being in Australia.

• Brohoof 1

Not the next FiM for many reasons, but it’s a quality children’s show that is rather clever in how it analyzes how children unpack the world they experience through play. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, you know how people who like my little pony are a bit weird, right?  Well, the bluey fans are probably even more disturbed in the head. I don't want to talk about it in the polite company.

• 2 months later...

No because when FIM came out the brony community was a big thing it was making news and stuff and I haven’t seen people talk about the Bluey fandom as much and say the Bluey fandom came first the Bluey fandom would have gotten the same kind of thing the bronys got back in the day and if the bronys came next it wouldn’t have been a big deal because we seen something like that before so I don’t think it would ever live up to what FIM did but at the end of the day Bluey is big thing now and also by the way if your one of these people who say Buley fans are the next bronys there not because there to different shows and that’s like saying Trekeys are the next Whovians