Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Crystal Pony in Canterlot (1x1 with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Illiad Easle

She would giggle a little "I suppose you are right about the attention the royals would get, but yes if I were to use that the royals like my candies, it'd definitely give me an unfair advantage, i suppose" she'd say, nodding some more "And I am sure they will love it, I did promise to get a new batch of candies to them when I get home, so I'll tell them about yours and give them some"

She then tilts her head at his discomfort "Well it's unique, and very genuine. You don't use some sort of gimmick like a lot of others would use, I like it, ponies know exactly what they will get"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd tilt her head once more "Well, they're ponies just like the rest of us. Sure they're different, and there was the thing with Chrysalis, but I don't see why they can't be given a chance to assimilate and have a good life" she'd say to him "I mean, we have dragons, griffons, heck even yaks in our society now, so why not the Changelings who want to just live among us?" she'd ask him "I mean, from what I heard, Spike is friends with the new Changeling leader, and there's a sweet little one at the School of Friendship"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked very relieved by Winter's response, "I'm glad to hear that you're so open minded, not everyone in Equestria, especially Canterlot, shares your views."

He nodded, "Right, so my candy does have a gimmick, an invisible one." He pulled out one of his caramels and passed it to Winter, "You see those crystals in there? Most ponies think it's just colored sugar, but it's actually emotion gel, like changelings eat. It's perfectly harmless for ponies, it dissolves just like sugar and in fact contains a number of important vitamins, but it also has the subtle effect of influencing their mood in the direction of the flavor. That's just the effect for ponies though, for changelings it gives them a boost of the emotional energy they need, which is why it's very popular with them. You might have noticed that some ponies were coming straight to my booth, ignoring the others? Well, changelings can sense this stuff from a decent ways off. Given their reactions I think I'm the first one to make candy designed with changelings in mind, and all the while the rest of the ponies are none the wiser."

He sighed, "I know that's a lot to take in, and I probably didn't explain it all that well, I don't know all of how it works, I just know that my candies are especially popular with changelings."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would listen to him and nod "Yeah, you're right about that, heck it took a long time for Changelings to be accepted in Ponyville, from what I hear" she'd say, and then listen to him explain about the candies "Ah, I see..." she chuckles "well i stand corrected about being completely genuine, regardless, your candies still taste delicious" she'd say to him, picking up another slice and nomming on it "Well, I assume you're a changeling too then, either way, doesn't change how I feel towards you, I'd still like to be friends"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was somewhat surprised by the nonchalance of Winter's acceptance of his secrets, "Oh, well, alright then, but I still think my presentation is genuine, in that there's nothing malicious hidden, but I'm glad you understand why I can't openly advertise what makes my candies special. And I'm glad you still want to be friends."

He went for another slice of his pizza, neither confirming nor denying her assumption, "Speaking of friends, I'm sure a kind mare like you already has plenty, what are they like? Any of them here in Canterlot?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod "Yes i understand, and you are right, your presentation is still genuine" she would say with a smile "and I like to make friends with ponies of all different kinds" she smiles to him some more then thinks on his question "Well I have a few here, there's my friend Auora, she was born and raised here, though I think she moved to Ponyville recently. I have a few bat pony friends, and my friends are usually as understanding as I am"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smiled, though looked a little down at Winter's response, "I wish I could say the same, I don't have many friends, I'm not the kind of pony that typically goes around talking to others you know? Selling candy, while I see a lot of ponies, and many of them rather often, the relationships are transactional and seldom last any longer than they have to. Making the candy doesn't typically leave me much time to socialize."

He shrugged as he moved on to the next slice, "I guess the plus is that I always smell nice when I do go out."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod "I can understand that, but it mustn't be easy, not having my friend" she'd say to him, "But I hear you, my candy making doesn't quite allow me much time for social interactions either, though I generally try to make big batches, so i can have stock while going away for a day or two, sometimes a week, it depends on where I am going, or who I am saying" she'd say, munching on a slice "and you do smell great" she'd smile.

She'd think for a moment "Hopefully, our friendship can be a lasting one"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder chuckled, "Thank you, and... I would like that. We'll have to exchange addresses so we can keep in touch."

Cinder looked at the rest of his pizza and decided that he'd save the rest for later, closing the box as to not be tempted, "I wish I could make larger batches, but it's a lot of work when it's just me. Maybe, if I get enough orders, I'll have enough to hire on an apprentice, that would give me some more time to get around."

He looked back over at Winter, "So, your bat-pony friend, how did the two of you meet?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Mint would nod "That sounds good to me, here, let me write it down for you now" she'd say, writing down her address and giving it to him "There you go, and yeah, the big batches do take a lot of time, and effort, I'm usually pretty tired after" she'd say to him, "As for my meeting my bat-pony friend, it was purely by chance, we met on the train" she'd say "she was on her way home from Ponyville, while her home was a stop along the way to the Empire"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder took Winter's address and gave her his own. He looked a little disappointed by the story of how she met her bat-pony friend, but he shrugged, "I guess they can't all be exciting, not that I have a better story."

He yawned, "Hmm, I should get going, or I won't make it back to my motel before falling asleep, thank you again for the pizza, do you mind if I take the rest with me?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod "Yeah, kind of a boring story, but what happened when i decided to stop off at her home for a bit instead of going home" she'd say, telling him how they had to go through the Everfree to reach her friend's home and how they had gotten lost ,and even ran into a manticore "That had to be the scariest thing i ever saw..but luckily for me, I suppose, my friend was able to calm it and it allowed us to pass" she says, and nods, "you're welcome and sure thing, I'll see you tomorrow"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked surprised by the story, "You're certainly a braver sort than I, I would be hard pressed to even enter that forest, much less stick around after seeing a manticore."

After bidding farewell, Cinder would head back to his motel room to rest for the evening. Early the next day he'd load up a new set of samples and head back to the convention center ready to set up for the second day.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

The next morning would find Winter at her stall, setting up. She would spot Cinder coming over to his spot and gives him a friendly wave and smile "Good morning Cinder, I hope that you slept well" she would say to him, stretching a bit like a cat before putting up her "Open" sign.

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder snorted, "As well as one could at a motel like that I suppose. I brought more samples today than yesterday, should ensure that I don't run out of anything before the convention ends. How about you? You have anything special for the second day? Or just what you had yesterday?"

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod "I suppose you'd be right there, those cockroach motels are usually really bad when it comes to comfort" she'd say and then smile "glad to hear you've got more samples today, as for me, I got more of my crystal popping rock candy,, as well some candy jewellery i decided to make last night when I couldn't sleep" she'd say to him "They're nothing special, really, just some mint candies i made into some fun wearable jewellery like earrings, necklaces and wrist bands."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would nod "It was just something I thought of last night" she'd say "I had seen similar in candy shops I've been to, it's mostly the hard candies that have a earring hook on them or a string." she'd explain "Though I'm not really expecting them to sell much, but who knows" she would smile at him.

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smiled back, "Well, I've got to get my stall set up, the customers should be coming through any moment now, don't want to be caught unawares." With that he'd turn his attention to setting up, a bit more confident than the day before. Unless Winter spoke to him he'd focus on selling until lunch.

@Illiad Easle

The second day went pretty much the same as the first, except Mint was a bit more prepared, and as she was going to get her lunch, she'd go over to Cinder's stall, giving him two bottles of mineral water "Hey, thought you'd like these, I picked some up after my breakfast" she would say with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked surprised, "Ah, and here I was planning to surprise you this time, beat me to it I guess. Thank you."

He brought out his own lunch, which looked like some honeycomb and toasted bread, "I brought enough to share, if you're interested, though I understand if it's too sweet for you after being surrounded by candy for two days." 

@Illiad Easle

Mint would smile "Well thank you Cinder, that is very kind of you" she would say, and would look at the toast "This actually looks delicious, and would be a nice change from the junk food I was going to get anyway" she'd say to him, sitting at his stall with him, "I have another surprise for you" she'd say "i figured you wouldn't get much sleep in that motel, so, on my way down, i went to the front desk and got you a key for my room" she'd say, giving him the key "Here you go, if you want to take a few Z's during lunch, I'd be happy to look after your stall for you"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked touched by the gesture, "That's... very kind of you, but I'll be fine, honest, I was exaggerating before, it wasn't really all that bad. But thank you, that you would offer means a lot to me."

He divided up the toast and honeycomb between the two of them, though if Winter looked closely she'd notice that her half was slightly bigger than his. The honeycomb had a slightly nutty undertone, like it had pecan oil in it, it tempered the sweetness nicely to keep it from being entirely a candy.

After a few moments of companionable silence, Cinder spoke up, "I know you said that you don't care what I am, but be honest, what would you prefer I was?"

He sighed, "I knw phrasing the question like that will make you worry that I'm not being entirely truthful depending on your answer. But I hope you can understand my hesitation."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile and put her key away, "Of course and I understand, still, the offer is there, especially for tonight, we've got one more day" she'd say and then as she enjoyed the toast, she would think for a moment "Hmm.. well around me in private, I wouldn't mind it if you were your true self, though i definitely understand using a pony cover in public" she would say, nodding once more "and I totally understand, you can't know someone after only a few moments together" she would tell him "and I do thank you for your honesty"

• Brohoof 1