Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Crystal Pony in Canterlot (1x1 with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder raised an eyebrow at Winter's response, "So you would prefer if I were a changeling. Well, I hope not to disappoint. Who says this isn't my true self?"

He chuckled at that, "That will clear up the wonder if I'm being truthful though, provided I can prove it tonight. But if you'd rather it stayed a mystery, that's fine too."

@Illiad Easle

She would chuckle "Well, if that is your true self, you're quite cute" she'd say to him with a nod "And yes, we will wait until tonight to see if you are being your true self or not" she'd say with a wink before leaning back a little "So, how have your sales been going today?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder blushed at her comments, "Thank you, I try."

In regards to how sales were going he nodded, "Well, not much different from yesterday, got a few more pre-orders, I'll actually have to push some of them back if I'm ever going to get them all made. Or perhaps take some time and go about the booths myself and see if I can't find someone here willing to work for me. How about you? Any special sales on your end?"

@Illiad Easle

She would smile as she'd notice his blush "Good to hear you got some more pre-orders, I sold a few of my novelty candy jewelry, honestly, I wasn't expecting them to sell, but hey, guess I'm just lucky" she'd say, "I'd offer to help you with making yours, but I don't know if you'd want me around you constantly" she teases

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder chuckled softly, "I wouldn't mind at all actually, but I'd hate to pull you away from your own candy ventures. Both of our candies are rather region specific when it comes to how they're made. Though..."

He looked thoughtful, then shook it off, "Nevermind, If we were to work together we'd both be too busy making our own candies to be much help to the other. I'm glad to hear that your new candies have some interest here, I wonder how many more you'll sell by the end of the convention?"

@Illiad Easle

Mint would nod "you're right there, as much fun as it would be to work together on our candies, but the regions we would need to be in to make our candies.." she'd shake her head "Well, it doesn't matter, it won't stop us from catching up in our off time" she'd say to him and then nod "I wonder how many more I will sell as well, if they prove to be popular, I will need to make a lot more." she'd smile, "Well, dinner upstairs again?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smirked, "Only if you let me treat you this time." He chuckled, "Sounds like a plan. Here's hoping that the second half of the day is even better than the first then."

Cinder would stow away whatever food went uneaten between them in preparation to open up the stall for business again.

@Illiad Easle

"Well alright, since you insist, it'll be your treat tonight" she'd say with a nod, making her way back to her stall "I hear ya, hopefully this lot will do us some good" she sits behind her stall.

As the hours pass, Mint had many sales, even more than the first half of the day, and her rise in sales put her in a really good mood, so she was looking quite forward to dinner with Cinder. After packing up her stall, she'd smile at him "Well, I'll see you soon Cinder" she would say, kissing his cheek in a friendly manner as she passes him to go to her room.

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was rightfully nervous about tonight, enough so that Winter might have noticed him discretely talking to a few of the customers that approached his booth, though the questions were quite benign and oriented at how he could not mess it up.

He blushed furiously when he was kissed by Winter, but it gave him the resolve to continue. He thought about taking a gamble on dinner, but realized he didn't know quite enough about her to bring her something she'd be guaranteed to like. Still though, he cleaned himself up as best as he could before heading over to Winter's room. He'd knock politely, and once the door opened he'd ask, "I was wondering, maybe you'd like to eat out tonight? I asked around for some good local places and got a few recommendations, but it's up to you if you want to go out or not."

@Illiad Easle

Cinder wasn't the only one that was nervous, as Mint also was a bit nervous, as she wanted to impress him, and she may have begun to have a slight crush on him. She would shower, do up her mane and tail and put on some light makeup and a little bit of jewelry.

When she heard the door knock, she would open it and smile at Cinder "I would love to eat out, just let me grab my purse" she'd say, using her magic to levitate her purse over to her and put it in a small saddlebag. She would then smile to him "Lead on, handsome"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was a bit more suave than before, not blushing too much when she called him handsome, "Alright, you look very beautiful yourself, if you don't mind my saying so."

He would lead the way to an out of the way restaurant not frequented by the tourists because it was tucked away in an unassuming locale, but their noses were greeted with wonderful smells as Cinder held the door open for Winter to enter, "I hope it's to your liking, I'm told they make just about anything here."

They were shown to a cozy little table in the corner, a number of other couples and small family groups at nearby tables already eating, they were given menus which boasted the wide variety of dishes they had available. "You can go ahead and pick what you like, it looks like everything is very affordable too." 

@Illiad Easle

"Thank you Cinder" Mint would say in response to Cinder calling her beautiful. She would then follow him to an out of the way restaurant, and smiles as their noses are greeted with the smells. "If the smells are anything to go by, the food here is delicious" she would then sit opposite him and pick up a menu.

She smiles as she decided on a nice burger with a salad "I think I will have the burger and side salad, with a cherry cola"

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder nodded at her order as he looked over the menu himself, "I guessed as much, it's a fairly safe bet anywhere. I think I'll go with a club sandwich with some fries and sparkling lemonade myself."

The waiter came by and took their orders, leaving them to talk for a bit, "So... you have much family? A good relationship with them?"

@Illiad Easle

As she would wait for their food and drinks, she would hear his question and shake her head "It's really just me and my parents, but we are close" she would tell him, "how about you? I imagine that if you are A changeling, you'd have a pretty big family with the hive and all"

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder's eyes quickly darted around the restaurant at Winter's comment, but it didn't look like anyone had heard her, or at least, no one seemed to have visibly reacted to what she said.

Still, he spoke quietly in response, "Let's keep that quiet, alright? Not everyone in this city is as accepting as you are. Even if I'm not, just being associated with them can be a death sentence around here."

He sighed, "Sorry for bringing the mood down, but yes, I do have a big family, lots of siblings, cousins, second cousins, but I can't say I'm too close to many of them. Most of them just avoid me, but some of them are more vocal about their disapproval of my work, saying I could be more useful doing other things. But the ponies here seem to appreciate what I do. Maybe what I need is more friends like you, and like you have."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Mint would rub the back of her neck "ah yeah, sorry about that, I do sometimes have..a problem with not thinking before I say something" she'd say, and then listen to him,nodding "It's kind of sad how they feel that way towards you" she would say softly, "you'd think with having a big family you'd have loads of support, but it would seem your family isn't that supportive..." she then thinks a moment and smiles "Well I'm more than happy to introduce you to my friends and to my folks, I am sure they would give you the support you lack"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder waved a hoof dismissively, "Don't worry about it too much, I can take care of myself if things got bad. And in regards to my family, they mean well, and to be fair it was a real rough start. I'm hoping all these new orders from the convention will prove to them that my ideas have merit. Still though, I appreciate that you'd be willing to open your family to me. I... I think I would like that."

That said their food arrived, Cinder took a bit of his sandwich before changing the subject, "So, that's the second burger I've seen you eat, is that your favorite food? Or do you have another favorite?"

@Illiad Easle

Mint would smile "Well then, it's good to know that you've got a contingency plan then" she would tell him, nodding "I think my family and friends would like you a lot. Especially your humility and humbleness" she then smiles more as her burger arrives, licking her muzzle with a nod "Mmhm, anything fast food, really"

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder simply nodded as they both started eating their respective meals. He was very nervous for what was coming, and inwardly he wondered if he had suggested eating out just as a way to delay what was coming. Winter might notice how nervous he seemed to be as they ate in somewhat companionable silence.

Cinder hoped that Winter would break the silence, but if she didn't he would wait until they were done eating to say something.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Mint would smile, and in between bites of her burger, she would look to him "You're quite nervous Cinder, is everything alright?" she would ask him with a gentle tone in her voice "Is this about the 'reveal' of your 'true self'?" she then looks to him with a soft smile "Its okay, you don't have to be nervous about it"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder sighed, "It's just... you'll be the first, and I don't want to mess it up, you know? Plus... there's thinking you'll know how you'll react and actually being confronted by the truth of it. You'll never really know how you feel about something until you're confronted by it. So I worry how you might react. I mean, I hope you'll be just as kind as you've been, but there's no knowing for sure until it happens."

He sighed again, contemplating some of his remaining French fries, "I should just get my mind off of it though, enjoy the moment until it happens." He gestured around, returning his attention to Winter, "Is this sort of place to your liking? A cozy casual place? Or do you prefer something different?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Mint would listen to his concerns and nod "I can understand how you feel, and I will admit, I don't even know how I will react, but I believe it won't be bad" she smiles to him before reaching over to touch his hoof with hers "I promise you this though, no matter what, I will always be your friend".

She then takes a bite of her burger and nods before swallowing her bite "Mhm, casual cozy places are my favorite type of place to go to eat out" she would smile "Restaurants are..okay, but are often too crowded and noisy, and fancy food.. this may sound strange coming from a pony who makes and sells sweets for a living, but fancy food doesn't agree with my stomach"

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked somewhat relieved by Winter's first comments, "I guess we'll find out together then."

He snorted at her latter comment, "I don't think that's strange at all. I always considered candy the opposite of fancy food, and after all the effort that goes into making candy it's pretty understandable that you'd want something simple. I like cozy places like this too. It reminds me of home, and oddly I feel safe in places like this."

It wouldn't take long for Cinder to finish his food and pay their tab, "Well, no sense putting off the inevitable, you ready to head back?"

@Illiad Easle

Mint would smile, finishing her food "You're right about how candy is different from fncy food, especially with the whole wanting something simple after making candy all day" she'd say with a smile, standng up "And I am glad that places like this reminds you of home and that you feel safe in places like this" she picks up her saddle bags and nods "Sure I'm ready, we'll go back to my hotel room then, follow me" she'd say, beginning to lead the way.

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder followed close behind as Winter led the way, and just sat quietly as he waited for her to settle in on arrival before speaking up, unless prompted before then. "Well, let's get this over with then. Just, try to stay calm, alright?"

He stood up from where he was sitting, took a steadying breath, then was briefly engulfed in amber flame.

When the flame disappeared in Cinder's place stood a changeling just a bit shorter than Cinder had been. His head fringe, wings, tail, eyes, and back plate were amber in color, almost caramel colored, rather than the bluish color the changelings that had attacked Canterlot had. Further, his body structure was more androgenous, almost feminine, compared with his pony form.

"Well, this is me." His voice was the same though, "So, what do you think?"