S01:E45 - Ponyking Parade-emonium

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Ponyking Parade-emonium
Release Date: February 9, 2023
Written By: Ryan Denham
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Compilation following episode.

• Brohoof 3

I won't lie - this was one of the most terrible episodes I've seen so far. It follows the Cliche trope of Sparky doing something that causes chaos. Zipp is the investigator and investigates, leading to a final climax at the end. Sparky is more annoying than Izzy is in this episode. TYT is either a hit, or it's a really really far off miss. This one's a miss.

Nice outfits, though.

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

I won't lie - this was one of the most terrible episodes I've seen so far. It follows the Cliche trope of Sparky doing something that causes chaos. Zipp is the investigator and investigates, leading to a final climax at the end. Sparky is more annoying than Izzy is in this episode. TYT is either a hit, or it's a really really far off miss. This one's a miss.

Nice outfits, though.

I know there was a parade but I didn't really understand what was going on in this episode because I couldn't understand a lot of what they were saying. 

"And a cutie mark for me."

Misty is so cute when she tries to talk evil. I wasn't expecting this to be a Misty/Opaline episode and don't think it's one of the better shorts with them, but I did think they had a good plan. I would've enjoyed seeing both Misty and Opaline get their comeuppance though. 

1 hour ago, Props ValRoa said:

It follows the Cliche trope of Sparky doing something that causes chaos.

Except Misty and Opaline were the ones who engineered the chaos. There would have been chaos with or without Sparky "messing anything up". 

• Brohoof 1

'Uni my own corn'... Someone needs to make a meme out of that or something. Also, their costumes kept on reminding me of Mardi Gras.

• Brohoof 2

This felt like a very mediocre episode with a carnival theme thrown on top. Everything felt so cliche, Opaline and Misty try to do something evil, but it doesn't work because Sparky does some magic de Machina thing (which always happens). And then the animals become evil, but that's solved by blowing the air away and they magically become not evil again? How are those hair dryers even working? They aren't even plugged in! And how would making Sparky evil result in Opaline getting her dragon fire magic? This whole thing is just so weird. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, this is an example of an episode that probably needed to be longer, but had everything condensed into five minutes.  For what it is...I suppose it does its job, but as expected doesn't amount to anything that moves the story forward in any way.  It's as if it tries too hard in some areas, and not enough in others, if that makes any sense, though that's pretty accurate to how I feel about aspects of this series as a whole, so this episode is just that condensed into a single five minute short.  

• Brohoof 1