Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Princess Cadance have parents or siblings?

Jon the VGNerd

So it took me years to realize that Princess Cadence's parents were never mentioned or revealed, and there's also no mention of her siblings either so... did she simply existed? Even Shining Armor has no awareness about Cadence's parents or siblings, and he just met her. And how Twilight met Cadence as her foal-sitter is a total mystery in itself. Unless Cadence's parents/siblings existed in the comics, how did Cadence even come to int he first place? Did she just... existed? :confused:

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Does Princess Cadance have parents or siblings?
8 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

So it took me years to realize that Princess Cadence's parents were never mentioned or revealed, and there's also no mention of her siblings either so... did she simply existed? Even Shining Armor has no awareness about Cadence's parents or siblings, and he just met her. And how Twilight met Cadence as her foal-sitter is a total mystery in itself. Unless Cadence's parents/siblings existed in the comics, how did Cadence even come to int he first place? Did she just... existed? :confused:

Sometimes storylines are told through perspective. Imagine you go to the grocery store to buy some chocolate milk and some man appears to smile and wave then he leaves after saying "yeah, I like chocolate milk." Where did he come from? Why did he do that? Where did he go and why did he care so much about that chocolate milk you just bought?"

If these factors hold no importance to your storyline then the details won't really matter and I doubt anyone is going to pursue that man to interrogate him. :laugh:

Well, unless you pay someone, of course. @Detective Pinkie Pie at your service!

But yeah, I don't have these answers and I absolutely LOVE Princess Cadence, the princess of love, Herself! But I doubt she "just existed." Her personal backstory just probably didn't mean that much to the more pressing storyline that was Twilight's personal journey with her friends and adventures.

According to the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell", Cadance, as a baby pegasus, was found in a forest by earth ponies from a nearby village, who "took her as their own little filly", so she was probably an orphan. Later she defeated an evil enchantress named Prismia, and because of that she was made an alicorn by Celestia.

In my headcanon, it was Celestia who pulled some strings to make her Twilight's foalsitter. She did that because she knew both Twilight and Cadance would be the future rulers of Equestria and the Crystal Empire, so she wanted them to be at good terms with each other, and to learn how to be a good princess together.

Edited by Silly Druid
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Silly Druid said:

According to the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell", Cadance, as a baby pegasus, was found in a forest by earth ponies from a nearby village, who "took her as their own little filly", so she was probably an orphan. Later she defeated an evil enchantress named Prismia, and because of that she was made an alicorn by Celestia.

In my headcanon, it was Celestia who pulled some strings to make her Twilight's foalsitter. She did that because she knew both Twilight and Cadance would be the future rulers of Equestria and the Crystal Empire, so she wanted them to be at good terms with each other, and to learn how to be a good princess together.

Oh wow! This is precious! I had no idea, Silly Druid! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. You truly are the Wise Druid of the forums <3 

7 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Oh wow! This is precious! I had no idea, Silly Druid! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. You truly are the Wise Druid of the forums <3 

Those early books are really worth reading. They seem to be canon unlike most of the comics and the writer wrote for the show later. The second book, Pinkie Pie and the Rockin Ponypallooza Party, had the first mention of Maude(not by name). I haven't kept up with the newer ones but I'll check them out some day.

7 hours ago, Silly Druid said:

I think I remember it's also implied that she came from the crystal empire originally.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

I think I remember it's also implied that she came from the crystal empire originally.

I'm not sure how it would work, since the Crystal Empire disappeared for 1000 years, and Cadance isn't as old as Celestia and Luna (she was noticeably younger when she was Twilight's foalsitter, and she was going to high school together with Shining Armor in a comic). Although (in my headcanon again), she could come from the dynasty that ruled the Crystal Empire, which includes Princess Amore and the alicorn from the book in "Hearts and Hooves Day".

Edited by Silly Druid

1 hour ago, Silly Druid said:

I'm not sure how it would work, since the Crystal Empire disappeared for 1000 years, and Cadance isn't as old as Celestia and Luna (she was noticeably younger when she was Twilight's foalsitter, and she was going to high school together with Shining Armor in a comic). Although (in my headcanon again), she could come from the dynasty that ruled the Crystal Empire, which includes Princess Amore and the alicorn from the book in "Hearts and Hooves Day".

Time travel or something? I thought she was the actual heir to the crystal empire. I should reread that book.

• Brohoof 1