Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Luna was Never Banished?

SharpWit

I've seen plenty of discussion over the years on Luna becoming Nightmare Moon and what would happen if she had originally defeated Celestia or the main 6 upon her return, but what if she just never took that step, made the attempt to have it all?

image.thumb.png.67435e03a83a1decfe29a2c1aa3fc959.png

The castle of the two sisters had become an unhappy place for the younger, this doesn't simply go away by doing nothing. Be regulated to living in her sister's shadow, perhaps time would cause the fame and fortune to go to Celestia's head, causing her to always strive for more? Without having to banish her sister, Loss might not be such a heavy concept on her physche, and she could take everything for granted. Perhaps this could go so far as self corruption and providing the introduction to Daybreaker. After all, her motive seemed to be of the potential her power permitted.

What do you think? What would happen if Luna never became Nightmare Moon and banished?

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, SharpWit said:

What do you think? What would happen if Luna never became Nightmare Moon and banished?

Celestia would share royal duties with Luna and everypony would hopefully live happily ever after. 

• Brohoof 2

I assume her feelings of jealousy and all would still be present even if she didn't turn into NMM. I feel like Celestia would either confront her about those feelings and they'd talk it out or Luna would end up becoming more reclusive without outright going against Celestia.

• Brohoof 2

Unless Celestia makes some serious changes to the way she and her sister run things it's hard to imagine anything else, against a pony as powerful as Nightmare Moon I suppose Celestia had limited options by that point Luna turned into her.

• Brohoof 2