Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did Luna do on the Moon?

Kivil

We all know how Luna was banished to the moon, but the question is what did she do while she was there? Did she fall into hyper sleep? Did she live on the moon and build herself a house or what?

(edited)

She was sealed into the moon, so I assume her soul became dormant until the thousand-year anniversary crossed.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

:P

But in seriousness I believe Celestia said and so did the tale that Luna was banished in the moon, not on the moon. I may be wrong but either way I believe she would of been put in some sort of stasis, so to her she would think she was asleep that whole time and would explain why she was eventually released because the stasis spell faded.

If she were awake that whole time what was to keep her from returning if she had magic and could discover a spell with so much time that would allow her to reach Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

A lot of fanfic like saying she was conscious the whole time to add to the tragederp but writers probably intended for it to be an unconscious slumber. I mean, logically, she emerges from the thousand year lock as if nothing had happened and she had no time to ruminate or reflect on her actions.

• Brohoof 3

From the list of things Hasbro won't let a brony do while making a game adaptation of Friendship is Magic:

65)  When Luna was stuck on the moon for a millennium, she was not whaling.

(edited)

She was sealed into the moon, so I assume her soul became dormant until the thousand-year anniversary crossed.

I agree. Remember the Mare in the Moon? Like the Man in the Moon, however, in this case it wasn't geologic formations and shadows, but Luna herself, or at least her essence.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

Her former title says it all, Mare in the Moon, so she probably could not do much of anything. That or she had parties with the moon darkness thingies from comics. They seemed like fine gentleshadows.

sig-3907322.Luna_Dance_by_kadjule.gif

This. Nothing but this, constantly. Non-stop dancing 24/7/365 x 1000.

Cannot. Stop. Looking. :o

• Brohoof 1

She was stuffing her face with ice cream and vodka while singing All by Myself by Eric Carmen.

Or, if you want to believe in the nearly almost canon but not quite of IDW Comics, she spent her days gazing in the pony dream soup made by a bunch of whimsical telemoonies.

Qiviut's idea seems the most reasonable... it also explains the "Mare in the Moon" that appeared on the Moon when she was banished and when it disappeared when she escaped.

Which made me think of another sort of relevant question.. was luna originally supposed to be banished forever? I mean it was the stars that aided in her escape (which seems like it's forgotten all the time). She didn't exactly come back after that sentence as a good, reformed pony.

(edited)

She could have formed a moon colony and ruled over it during her 1000 year banishment. She could have the ability to clone herself and made the Luna clones her ponies.

Edited by superdogz1999

Didn't she enslave hang out with some fuzzy dream creature thingies? If that's not canon, then I suppose "plot revenge" or something like that.