Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What popular games have you NEVER played?

Trot Shuffle

This thread, which is about not actively avoiding games, is a little different than this other thread, where it leans more on actively avoiding games for specific reasons:

There are LOTS of games that have been released over the decades and to come, which have all gotten very popular (and many being franchises or series over a long period of time).

But, how many have you NOT played? What I mean is you never touched at all because you never grew up with or never touched it during peak popularity, mostly because you were occupied with other games or by life in general. And, it doesn't mean you don't intend on never checking it out, you simply don't have time to or it has gotten the "I have to be seriously bored to check it out" stamp.

It can be for any platform and free or not. Everything from older cartridges, console releases, flash games, mobile games, and arcade cabinets. Anything!

If you played an emulation, to me that counts as playing that specific game (despite their quirks).

For me, here are some of what I have never played (in no particular order, most are about the franchise or series as a whole):

Spoiler
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Among Us
  • Friday Night Funkin
  • Half Life
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Star Fox
  • Grand Theft Auto (except for San Andreas and 5)
  • League of Legends
  • Counter Strike
  • Kirby
  • Valorant
  • anything involving Super Mario (except for a few Mario Kart games, one Mario Party game, and a Mario Golf)
  • and on that note, any Sonic the Hedgehog game too except for one that was a demo
  • World of Warcraft
  • Guitar Hero
  • DOTA
  • Beat Saber
  • The Oregon Trail
  • Driver
  • Runescape
  • Watch Dogs
  • Genshin Impact
  • Halo
  • Uncharted
  • Diablo
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (and Rehydrated)
  • Burnout
  • Pajama Sam
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Doom
  • Where's My Water
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Terraria
  • Spyro
  • Stardew Valley
  • Pokemon
  • Fortnite
  • Splatoon
  • Gran Turismo
  • Rocket League
  • The Sims
  • Cuphead
  • Osu
  • does VR Chat count as a game?
  • Cooking Mama
  • Portal
  • A Hat In Time
  • Candy Crush
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Amnesia
  • Call of Duty
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (and I guess the Skate games too)
  • Resident Evil
  • Street Fighter
  • Metroid
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Any EA Sports game (NHL, FIFA, etc.)
  • Animal Jam

Yeah, that's just SOME of the popular and well known stuff of what I've never played. :awwthanks:

Again, many of them I do intend on checking out in the future. A lot of these I never grew up with or I was aware they existed and didn't have time during it's popularity to check it out. (In other words, I'm not actively avoiding them, I just never got around to them. Yet!)

So what about you?

• Brohoof 1

Metroid is the big one for me. I played the first 20 minutes of Super Metroid, but never touched anything beyond that. Same with Star Fox.

Klonoa has also been recommended to me many times and I still haven't played any of those games. I do own them though, so maybe that will change soon. :P

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'll just say 99% of the popular games. I have very specific tastes. :twismile:

That's true for me too, although I suppose our tastes are different. For me it's mostly turn-based strategies and the like.

• Brohoof 1

A truck load of AAA games for a good number of years now. I don’t have time to play them all. HELL, THERE ARE STILL OLDER GAMES I HAVEN’T PLAYED YET :lostit:

Well, another one much older is Metal Gear Solid, including Twin Snakes. I wasn’t into MG back when TWIN Snakes released, as that was my first exposure I did remember. Started with Guns of the Patriots, thanks mainly to Smash Brawl, but thanks to further releases, and a PS3 compilation, I’m up to date, but MGS wasn’t among them. Another compilation has been announced, so I may play that game at last

(edited)

Lots of old PS2 games and two decades' worth of AAA games, not least because I grew up with classic Mario, Sonic, DK, Final Fantasy, etc.

MMOs. I played Runescape for one evening years ago and lost interest. Then I read about the Falador Massacre. Good lord.:yeahno:

FPS and battle royale games (Apex, Fortnite, PUBG, etc.)

Edited by Sasoriman

Never played Fortnite, despite having actually installed it on the Switch, but I never got around to trying it

• 2 weeks later...

Any MOBA game ever. The genre has never appealed to me really, plus the communities around them tend to be super toxic. No thanks. Also never played any of the Final Fantasy games which I honestly do kind of regret since they seem like the type of games I'd like. Also never played any of the Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter games.

LOZ Breath of the Wild and LOZ Tears of the Kingdom. I just got my switch and I can’t work cuz I got to take care of my Grandma for awhile