Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

In episodes, The changelings feed on the love of other ponies, which is just a basic skill for them, But it would be violent if the changelings could just Eat and Rip the flesh of the ponies. How does that even feel? any Thoughts?

Edited by Horseboy223
I needed a better title so yeah.

• The title was changed to Could Changelings Eat ponies?

Changelings in some folklore are very interesting creatures. They would replace a baby with their own children so that the parents' love would feed the baby. This is interesting. It's probably associated with sayings like 'a face only a mother could love', because in the folklore, changelings were hideous creatures. This is a myth that implies love cannot be taken, and can only be given. It was very clever, if that was what the producers originally thought with Chrysalis replacing Cadance with herself to feed on Shining's love. And I believe that was the original idea because if Changelings could just harvest love like they do in later appearances, Chrysalis is an idiot. The point of changing form is to take someone's place and feed off the love directed at them.

With that said, I think that changelings as 'cunning and insidious love predators' are infinitely more interesting that what they ended up becoming. There is a multitude of creatures that can simply eat a pony in the canon. It made changelins unique and interesting. But, well... There you have it. Would ripping a pony apart and eating the violent? Yes. More violent than impersonating a loved one and taking their place, feeding off your feelings in complete ignorance? Maybe, but I'm not sure what is worse. How does it feel? You don't know that it is happening, and that is why it's horrifying. And sad that the changelings changed so much, even before their 'reformation'.

But that is the opinion of an old guy way out of the target audience.....

• Brohoof 1