Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01: EP57 - Hot Day, Huh?

Props Valroa

I have to say this was a great episode! It was a very high point for me, especially because it showed how Misty was getting along with Zipp when the two of them didn't before. I'm not a fan of her new mane style, myself. The joke about Sparky was not needed in my opinion. I like how Zipp had the issue of, "Nobody listens to me, so why bother saying anything?" - that's definitely relatable. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes, finally, a truly good TYT episode again! No doing what MYM has already done but not as good, just a solid execution of a simple and relatable premise in addition to an expansion of something we love from the series, the friendship between Zipp and Misty. I definitely relate to Zipp in this one, I love heat and appreciating the wonders of a hot day while other people are complaining about the heat. Misty was so sweet with the way she empathized with Zipp too, made it so easy to forget that Zipp was always being skeptical of Misty initially. 

• Brohoof 1

Pipp and Misty got along so well, it felt like they've been friends for years as opposed to mere weeks. Everything in this episode worked perfectly and nothing felt out of place.

• Brohoof 1

This one is alright.  Other than the pedantic question of why ponies would need sunscreen when their skin is literally covered in fur though, I have to wonder why it's such a big problem that other ponies aren't at the beach?  So what if others want to do something else?  I kind of get being lonely and wanting to share an activity with somepony else, but I really don't feel as though anything about this episode is critical, or that I should be on the edge of my seat wondering if things will be resolved in a way that satisfies Zipp.  Also, this episode seems to indicate that Misty is quickly becoming Sunny #2 by being the Ms. Perfect who can easily resolve a situation without lending any of her unique personality to it, seemingly confirming my concerns that all of the character development Misty is going to ever get is what we will have once the Opaline arc has ended.  Still, I'll give the episode  points for seeing Misty and Zipp bond again.  

• 4 weeks later...

This episode was pretty good. It's interesting to see how Misty tries to fit in with the rest of the friend group after she rejects Opaline. It's interesting to see Zipp be into surfing; I feel it matches her personality. The real question is, why is Sparky trying to order grilled cheese at a smoothie stand? I think that the message of this episode is good and that it's important for people to listen to other's ideas, though it makes me wonder, why was Zipp the only pony that tried going to the beach?

• Brohoof 1