Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E41 - A Day in the Life

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: A Day in the Life
Release Date: December 22, 2022
Written By: Gretchen Mallorie
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Another compilation following the actual episode!

• Brohoof 4

Cute episode.  Very wholesome at the end, very heartwarming.  Sadly not a winter episode right before Hearths Warming.  Interesting that the goal of the episode implies that Equestria must have well over a population of 100 million.  We got some exploring to do! 

• Brohoof 4

Pipp has learned a valuable lesson. Never do too much or else your body will overexert itself. At least Hitch owned up to his unintentional mistake and ended up giving Pipp more than just the number of followers that he suggested.

• Brohoof 2

Welp; amazing episode! A great message, Pipp was being at her best (till she went overboard), and just very good stuff. I got a kick out of that little nervous song between Pipp, Jazz, and Rocket. XD

• Brohoof 3

I forgot about Jazz Hooves! Hooray for seeing Jazz Hooves! :D 

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WE LOVE YOU, TOO, PIPP! :D

4 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

WE LOVE YOU TOO, PIPP! :D

YAY! Matching Besties! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

Was a good episode, however Izzy and Sparky in this episode really bothered me. Didn't get in the way of the general message of it though. I am glad we saw Dahlia again, though. Pipp should be more casual and do things when she wants to, not because others want her to.

• Brohoof 1

Weird how they stopped the Christmas episodes two days before Christmas, but this was a great Pipp episode. The song that kicks it off is really good, I think the message about overexerting yourself works better here than it did in the FiM episode, A Health of Information (since it's more understandable why you shouldn't overexert yourself for a petty goal rather than overexert yourself to rescue someone), and that moment at the end with Hitch taking care of Pipp is so sweet. Might be my favorite episode about Pipp besides Maretime Bay Day 2.0. 

• Brohoof 1

This has got to be one of my favorite episodes of the series now! This was such a heartwarming episode and it was so sweet at the end with Pipp and Hitch, especially with Pipp reaching her goal, but Hitch put the phone away so that he could take care of her.

A really good message too about not overdoing everything and take time to take care of yourself!

And we got a new song too and it sounded so good! B)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's a pretty decent episode for both Pipp and Hitch.  Heck, Hitch was able to resolve a situation and be kind of sweet to Pipp without being portrayed as Horse Jesus.  Sparky isn't annoying in this one either.  All in all, I'd say it's a decent episode.  

• Brohoof 3

I kind of hope they don't start shipping Hitch and Pipp as some kind of official couple---if anything, I felt like there was more of a spark between him and Zipp in the movie, though I'll admit that Zipp snarking at Hitch and joining him in dismantling the Sprouticus Maximus doesn't necessarily mean anything romantic, and even if it did, it hasn't really gone anywhere.

And probably it shouldn't; mixing romance into a friendship dynamic can be a really messy proposition, IMO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking "Wait---Equestria has a population of 100 million??"  That's like a quarter of the USA's population in real life!

On 2022-12-22 at 12:06 PM, The Nth Doctor said:

How the heck has no one in that 100 million pony population ever gone "Surely the other races can't be THAT bad" and gone out looking at some point in the past century+

That is a VERY good question---for that matter, how is it that they didn't explore outside of Equestria and/or have regular contact with other races, like Yaks, Griffins, Changelings, etc.?  We still haven't heard a blurb about what happened to any of those races, unless you count a very brief (and context-free) mention of how rare dragons are in response to seeing Sparky's egg. 

There's so much potential for exploring that history...!  But when I say that, I realize something else:

It's a very, very good thing that G-5 stands on its own and has characters whose interactions form interesting stories, even without standing on G-4's lore.

I mean, I still want to see the mysteries solved about just what happened to the harmony Twilight created, where the other races went, what happened to families that had a mix of earth ponies, unicorns, and/or pegasi in them, why the sun and moon and clouds move on their own, now---all that kind of thing.  The answers to those questions could create the kinds of truly epic storylines with far-reaching consequences and high stakes that G-4 was known for.  Exploring any one of those questions in-depth could easily be worthy of movies, season finales/premieres, and/or season-long story arcs.

But the fact that G-5's slice-of-life episodes stand on their own, and do so without bringing G-4 into it at all, means that G-5 has some good quality, good characterization, and good writing behind it---and when you get down to it, without good writing/characterization/quality, plots that build off of G-4 mysteries would end up falling on their faces, anyway!

• Brohoof 1

This was a pretty good episode. Pipp is one of my favourite generation 5 characters so I'm always going to like an episode based around her.

I tell you what I didn't like.....all that snot dribbling out of her nose, ewwwwwwwww :eww: