Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S04:E01 - Bridlewoodstock

Props Valroa

Title: Bridlewoodstock
Release Date: June 6, 2023
Written By: Gillian Berrow, Tony Fleecs
Synopsis: Pipp wants to throw a music festival at the Lumi-Bloom fields, but Izzy warns her that loud noises might attract the troublemaking Troggles.

image.thumb.png.756475596523384e1489625dda72189a.png

• Brohoof 1

Very weird that this got pushed back to the start of chapter 4 when it takes place between the first two episodes of chapter 5, hence why Sparky's low-energy instead of being a rambunctious child, like he was in the comic

Also probably one of the more fleshed-out parts of G5, since it also got a few TYT episodes centered around it, which was nice

On its own though, still pretty hollow with no real conflict or antagonist besides the ever-dreaded miscommunication

• Brohoof 1

OG Chapter 5 is still gold. Some would be surprised to know that this was actually voted to be the third best part of Chapter 4 on Equestria Daily, which I feel is well-deserved. I get why a plot about music and ghosts wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I definitely don't just love this special for the songs and the ghosts. I love how they put Bridlewood in the spotlight, gave us Zipp and Hitch investigating together, and avoided the arbitrary skeptic cliche with Pipp. She's a paranormal enthusiast, yet she likely isn't just dismissing the warnings about the Troggles because of how passionate she is about the music festival. She had recently been disappointed by Canterlogic not turning out to be haunted. That cliche subversion and continuity nod in one was brilliant.