Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MYM after Chapter 6.

CastletonSnob

Make Your Mark Chapter 5 just came out, and I have to say, I'm worried about the show's future. There have been rumors that the show will end after Chapter 6, and TYT will take over as the main G5 show. If that happens, I'm done with G5. TYT just doesn't do it for me.

What do you think will happen after Chapter 6? I really hope MYM continues.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t know, but I’m also worried due to how quiet they have been :sunny:. Hopefully it’s due to for this year being so heavy with G5 content, as we got THREE chapters released, and they’ve been filled with content; not a special for a chapter and later a season for a chapter :dry:. Makes the waiting longer, and MYM wasn’t that good back then didn’t do it any favors :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

Dunno, but I'd like if MYM continued, but even if it doesn't I'm fine with TYT being the main series. (Since tbh, I like it a bit more.)

It could continue you never know!

But what do I know, I'm just a G5 defender :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 1

As much I hope MYM will continue, I'm sticking with the series even if it doesn't. They could make another Netflix show as a follow-up, it does happen. But I've also been having a really good time watching TYT, so I am going to keep up with the series no matter what happens. 

• Brohoof 2

I really hope MYM will continue. If TYT is to become the main show for G5, I'm sorry, but that just doesn't cut it for me. I'll keep up with the series no matter what happens - but my dis-satisfaction with that decision cannot be understated, if that is what will happen. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't mind the 2D artstyle, and I know 3D is more expensive. But I like longer episodes, so TYT shorts aren't my thing. I think a good idea would be to make longer TYT style episodes, which would be a similar format to FiM.

I have the same feeling. The 2D is good and I would be totally fine with TYT if they were longer.  :dry:

I don't watch it. Not because I don't like it. The ideas are soo good. It's a pity that these scenarios are used on 5-minute shorts.

I still miss some of the mystery in G5. It's so casual compared to the G4. :jazz-hooves-please:

I would definitely prefer strong, better-made 2D than what we currently have. Very little 3D and only so-so 2D. I would like more content from G5 but... man, It's time to get real. I hope MyM won't end after chapter 6. I also wonder how long TyT will be produced if this is the last moment of MyM. Will it continue into next year or the year after that, or will we get something new? What could it be? 

I don't like the fact that MyM is exclusive to Netflix. I feel like this isn't good for the new generation.

• Brohoof 1

This is something that I have been concerned about as well. It would be pretty unfortunate if Hasbro were to pull the plug on Make Your Mark just when it was starting to get good. Plus, Tell Your Tale's 5 minute episode format is not enough to keep me interested in this generation. I think that there is potential in G5, but unfortunately Hasbro's scattered distribution of the generation is hurting what it can do. I think this generation would've been a lot better if they had kept to the format of twenty-six 22-minute episodes a season (with each season being a mix of what we have gotten for MYM with 3D 22-minute versions of TYT episode concepts). Hopefully chapter 6 won't be end of MYM. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard fan speculation that there is a possibility that MYM will be followed up by another show that continues G5, and is just called something different.  It would add to the confusion for anyone outside of the pony community of course, but Hasbro doesn't care about that.  I guess we will wait and see if Hasbro shoots the show further in the foot that way, or if they do it by just axing off the longer show and sticking to the shorter one.  The latter might be more akin to blowing a leg off with a shotgun.  

TBH, if you've been following my thoughts, I think G5 is actually starting to be an alright show, albeit with a ton of problems still, and it's virtually impossible to argue it holds any kind of candle to FiM, but it's starting to hit its stride in terms of actually having some decently written episodes and moments.  I do kind of hope it's not too little too late, which will likely be the case if the show ends after Chapter 6.  No, I do not think TYT works as a replacement for MYM.  It did kind of have to pull double-duty early on when MYM was delayed, and so definitely punched above its weight with episodes like that Alicorn one, but it really isn't designed for things like character development.  We more typically get some mildly, albeit forgettable, moments with the characters, and that makes sense as that's what shorts are meant for.  It's difficult to say if TYT won't follow suit soon after if the 3D show is axed off.

Of course, if the Netflix show does continue in some way, shape or form, we will be getting into another arc.  Yeah, let's not forget that MYM has pretty much been a single arc stretched well beyond the length it should have been.  I also do not know if there are any serious plans for after Opaline.  Will Misty continue to be developed after that, or will she join her friends in being a cardboard cutout, with the only development she will have received being what she already had?  Who really knows?  Still, G5 has potential down this path, even if it will likely be stifled by whatever corporate decisions Hasbro has been making, much like it has been up until this point.  So...I do think continuing on with a longer show is the better path forward.  As for what I think Hasbro will choose though...hard to say.  

• Brohoof 1