Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MasterCode

1 hour ago, AlbaTross said:

Twilight, Celestia and Luna could easily be alternate versions of the characters we know.  What proof is there beyond reasonable doubt that they aren't?

Is there proof beyond reasonable doubt they are?

1 hour ago, AlbaTross said:

Elder Flower can ramble all she wants, but the name Moondancer obviously exists in the historical record, which means that there are historical records, which means ponies did not lose almost all record of their previous history, which means they haven't lost all of the knowledge of the past, and should therefore not be nearly as ignorant of it all as we are led to believe.  

Moondancer, but Argyle is the only one shown researching and thus with more accurate records, so his word holds more weight in how long ago was FIM. Elder Flower possibly may have skipped several generations to get to Moondancer

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

there proof beyond reasonable doubt they are?

They are 3d.

From 2 dimension to 3 dimension.

Proof they are in a different dimension.

Moondancer, but Argyle is the only one shown researching and thus with more accurate records, so his word holds more weight in how long ago was FIM. Elder Flower possibly may have skipped several generations to get to Moondancer

They're both crazy. 

• Delighted Giggle 1

Is there proof beyond reasonable doubt they are?

You were the one who used the F word in debate, which is "fact".  Fact is something that needs to be demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt.  Educated opinion, which is the next level down, only requires the kind of support that I admit you do have.  If you take back the use of that one word, then I'll concede your headcanons are well-reasoned.  

Argyle struck me as quite the archaeologist, for sure.  His records did indeed look far more ancient than 200 years or less.  You're still participating just as much in death of the creator as I am if you ignore Hasbro's intended timeline though, which has currently been modified to be 200 years or less.  

4 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

I suggest ya reqd gen4 comics first

Way ahead of you on that, though they are awesome and include many story setups and scenarios that G5 just can't provide, so I see what you mean.  Perhaps I'll run through them again as a bit of a refresher.  

• Excited 1

So I feel dumb then because I legit thought FIM and G5 are in the same universe, but the amount of inconsistencies make me think otherwise, plus yeah how come Opaline is small for alicorn stature? I would have thought she'd be more Celestia's height at least. Twilight being small in the hologram doesn't really make much sense to me looking back at it, I would think she'd be in the form we see her in in the FIM finale.

1 hour ago, MLPFanatic34 said:

So I feel dumb then because I legit thought FIM and G5 are in the same universe, but the amount of inconsistencies make me think otherwise, plus yeah how come Opaline is small for alicorn stature?

Maybe it’s limitations for 3D. Then again, she should be about the same height as Luna and Cadance, so she still got two alicorns she can be compared to

1 hour ago, MLPFanatic34 said:

Twilight being small in the hologram doesn't really make much sense to me looking back at it, I would think she'd be in the form we see her in in the FIM finale.

Again, a lot of in between happened. Twilight could have given up enough of her magic to revert to her previous form. We should focus what could possibly have happened between the end of FIM and starting G5. Same thing the Sun and Moo . Twilight could have been responsible to make them go on their own, instead of magic, or  she or another pony are still doing it :mlp_huh:

• 2 weeks later...

1.Izzy’s Aunt Buttons has been known to echo out the moments of her ancestors past so this is probably another case of that

2.Moondancer was also a G1 pony and given how G5 has made many G1 references especially MYM it’s more likely she is related to that Moondancer 

• 3 months later...

Me rewatching MYM also mentioned a couple of times things have transpired in thousands (as in plural) moons. I know there’s official material back of ANG where they translate pony-talk to human equivalent, like everypony and such. Well, “moons” is also mentioned, and at least in there, as in G5, “moons” are years. So yes, it’s easier for an estimate timeframe if we count actual years, instead of something more mathematical like Argyle’s “ten generations”, and Elder Flower 4x great-grandmother (assuming there wasn’t another pony named  Moondancer in G4 Moondancer’s line). This trope exist for a reason:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WritersCannotDoMath

• 2 weeks later...

@AlbaTross

I read through this thread and I agree with a lot of what you have had to say here. I may be a bit late, but, I definitely think tying G4 to G5 is the worst decision they have made for G5 as a whole. I would definitely be down to discuss this more with you, I enjoy reading what you have to say.